PDA

View Full Version : The Time Machine

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 3rd, 2001, 01:46:18 AM
When I saw AI I saw the teaser trailer for the new version of H.G Wells' classic the Time Machine. All I know is that it stars Guy Pierce as the Time Traveler and Jeremy Irons it is also direceted by H.G. Wells grandson Simon Wells. With that I expect it to be a close adaptation of his grandfather's book which means no happy ending like the original had and be prepared for a much darker film which I think it great. I want to see Wells's version on the screen, not that I don't think the first version is good, it is amazing and to me is Sci-fi classic but if they make a newer version they might as well tell the whole story.

foxdvd
Jul 3rd, 2001, 01:34:33 PM
wow, I had not heard about this! I agree the first one is a classic..in fact, when I first started to read your post, I was like "NO!" but it does sound good now...and Guy Pierce is really a good choice for the main role...

CMJ
Jul 3rd, 2001, 11:55:07 PM
Guy Pearce is one of the most intersting actors working today. I'm curious how the film turns out.

General Ceel
Jul 9th, 2001, 12:55:37 PM
I wonder if they will go on to make the Stephen Baxter sequel to the time machine which is a mind blowing novel in its self. That would be cool.

JonathanLB
Jul 9th, 2001, 11:28:00 PM
Yes I had heard of this long back. It is another DreamWorks movie too, so hopefully it'll be good.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2001, 12:51:08 AM
I thought it was Warner Brothers. Oh well it might be a collaberation Dreamworks usually teams with another studio for almost all its movies. I personally think it will be great epecially to finally see Wells' vision on the screen.

JonathanLB
Jul 10th, 2001, 03:02:20 AM
Yes you are right about that. It is a Warner Brothers / DreamWorks collaboration, but I forget who is doing the domestic release and who is doing the foreign. I'm also not sure how the profit is split.

DreamWorks did Meet the Parents and Cast Away, but many people don't realize that because the studio partnered with other companies for both, same with What Lies Beneath and Saving Private Ryan, though. They do that all of the time.

On the topic, I'm about 150 pages done with my DreamWorks book.

CMJ
Jul 10th, 2001, 08:41:17 AM
Wow! A book on Dreamworks?? I'm more excited about that one than your TPM book(no offense intended or anything)! Send me a copy. :)