PDA

View Full Version : ROGER EBERT kicks ***

DaBoSsNaStY
Jul 11th, 2001, 07:53:50 PM
this is his review about "FINAL FANTASY: THE SPIRITS WITHIN " but I like what he had to say about disgruntle SW actors...

www.suntimes.com/output/e...rog11.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/cst-ftr-rog11.html)

Darth23
Jul 11th, 2001, 08:49:15 PM
I didn't see anything aboot Sw actors. Was it buried in the 5 or 6 paragraphs about the plot?

foxdvd
Jul 11th, 2001, 11:52:00 PM
good point about the SW actors DBN!

DaBoSsNaStY
Jul 12th, 2001, 02:12:41 AM
getting lazy these days huh darth23;)

yeah, keep reading!! It is nearly at the end of it:)

Darth23
Jul 12th, 2001, 08:32:16 AM
I started seeing too many plot details so I scanned the article.

Jedieb
Jul 12th, 2001, 08:32:54 AM
All he said was that SW actors who complain about working in blue screens might replaced by computer generated actors one day. I don't really see him taking any pot shots at SW actors. They're ACTORS, of course they'd prefer to work with real sets and other actors instead of ping pong balls as reference points. Hell, actors even complain when they shoot scenes without other actors being there to call out their lines to them. They complain for the simple reason that it's EASIER to do a scene if you have the real thing to work with.

Darth23
Jul 12th, 2001, 08:34:56 AM
Lucas said recently that he didn't see any point idnhaving a ditigized human character, that they whole point to the digital thing was to show characters that couldn't be shown any other way.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 12th, 2001, 09:14:45 AM
True, but you had to know that someone, sometime is going to do CG versions of humans in movies, and will probably continue to do so for years and years. It's not like it will ever go to the UN and asked for CG humans to be given the same treatment as cloning humans. I don't blame actors one bit for not agreeing with this, but at the same time I respect the movie makers right to make their movie in any way they see fit.

Jedieb
Jul 12th, 2001, 10:14:31 AM
I'm excited about FF and the future of CGI characters. It's incredible to see how far the technology has advanced. The leap from that first crude knight that we saw in that Young Sherlock Holmes movie to the humans in FF has only taken a couple of decades. Can you imagine what will be possible in another 20 years? I've got no problem seeing a movie with CGI actors, but I can see why an actor would rather work with a flesh and blood counterpart than a ping pong ball hanging on a string.