PDA

View Full Version : If Lucas died right now...should they finish ep 3?

foxdvd
Jul 15th, 2001, 10:11:41 PM
If Lucas died...before the script to ep. 3 was done, do you think they should finish the movie with the outline I am sure he has already come up with?

JonathanLB
Jul 15th, 2001, 10:38:47 PM
Of course! The show must go on, as they say, and you cannot stop a movie series that has parts 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 done (or basically done with Episode II) and then just not have 3. Even if he had no outline at all I'd say they had to make it.

foxdvd
Jul 16th, 2001, 12:12:38 AM
but who makes it?

Darth23
Jul 16th, 2001, 12:25:10 AM
I really hate people asking this question.

foxdvd
Jul 16th, 2001, 12:53:50 AM
I really hate people asking this question.

I really hate people who think anyone cares that they hate someone...oh wait... never mind

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 16th, 2001, 01:06:05 AM
It would either be Spielberg or Ron Howard. Still, I hope he finishes it himself because it wouldn't be the same without him.

foxdvd
Jul 16th, 2001, 01:53:37 AM
I mean is there any other movies out there, that one man has put so much into?

DaBoSsNaStY
Jul 16th, 2001, 03:19:43 AM
well I can answer that one for ya fox.. I was watching the making of TPM on TV before it came out, and they said if anything happens to Geoge Lucas, the SW world would be handled by his producer Rick McCallum.

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2001, 08:43:55 AM
I'm sure that plans are in place to have EP3 produced by Rick M. The script would probably completed by Hales again with Rick surpervising it. The real question is who would direct. Would they go out and find an established director like Howard or Spielberg? Would Spielberg even have the time? He's probably booked for the next 5 years or so. I think Howard would be an interesting choice. Spielberg would probably like to do the job for his old friend. Can you imagine Copola finishing the job? Don Jabba and the five Hutt families join forces and go to the mattresses and kill off the Jedi. Messy stuff...

Darth23
Jul 16th, 2001, 11:02:55 AM
I really hate people who think anyone cares that they hate someone...oh wait... never mind

I really hate it when people say that they hate people who think that they hate somone.....

:p

HEY!

I never said I hated any PERSON, I said I hate it when people ask bring up the issue of GL dying in relation to the future of the franchise.

So there!

(your turn)

foxdvd
Jul 16th, 2001, 01:15:25 PM
I know darth...I just hate you! ;)

Darth23
Jul 16th, 2001, 03:10:30 PM
doh!

DaBoSsNaStY
Jul 16th, 2001, 03:47:12 PM
you two:p

well,if thats the case, for hypothetically speaking to direct it, I think they should get Ang Lee to do it!!:)

JonathanLB
Jul 16th, 2001, 04:01:26 PM
Yeah this question blows. It would suck if anything happened to Lucas, but it would also really suck if anything happened to John Williams. That would screw up everything. Or if Ewan McGregor died or something, haha. Cocaine overdose.

It would suck if anything bad happened, but the Force is with Star Wars, therefore nothing bad can possibly happen :)

foxdvd
Jul 16th, 2001, 07:58:14 PM
well Jon, as Luke says, Danny Elfman blows John out of the water, so he could do it! ;)

JonathanLB
Jul 16th, 2001, 08:37:49 PM
He didn't really say that did he? LOL. I hope not, for his sake.

If someone wants to argue about how much better Elfman is than Hans Zimmer, fine, but I still disagree. If someone wants to say Elfman is better than Goldsmith, maybe, I'd have to think about it. BUT NOBODY IS BETTER THAN JOHN WILLIAMS!!!

He is the greatest movie music composer in history. Only the great composers of past centuries are better, nobody currently alive and nobody who has done film score music. Williams is God of all scores :)

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2001, 08:43:58 PM
Williams is my favorite film composer by far. But I'd have to say Elfman would do a better job with movies that require a more modern score to them. I don't think Williams could have done much better than Elfman did with Batman. It was such a perfect score for that movie that it's hard to imagine someone else doing it. The same is true for SW. As GL has said, the music is half the movie. You take away JW, and you've taken away an integral part of SW.

This is a morbid topic but with more than 1/3 of the trilogy to go there's a few people that could slip away from us and greatly effect the trilogy. I for one don't want to see anyone but James Earl Jones as Darth Vader. He's did some Vader voice work for a SW board game a few years ago. I wish they bring him in to do a few lines now, just to be sure.

JonathanLB
Jul 16th, 2001, 09:09:16 PM
Yes, but EB wouldn't that be a little bit morbid?! LOL. How would you like someone to say, "Jedieb, we'd like to have you recite a few lines for us in the next couple of weeks, you know, just in case you die before we finish the next movie. Just a precaution." LOL. There's a real vote of confidence in his health! ;)

Elfman was awesome for Batman, and it is hard to imagine anyone else doing it *after the fact*, but pretend you never heard Elfman's score for Batman and it was instead Williams who did the score, you may very well say the same thing. We cannot know that. Williams is a great composer and maybe he would have found a different way to do it that was equally effective and memorable, but in retrospect, right now, after we already have the Batman score by Elfman, it's impossible to imagine anyone else doing it.

Just a thought...

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2001, 09:16:01 PM
LOL, I just want to make sure James Earl Jones is still around. It would be sacriledge for anyone else to do the voice. Maybe some of us could secretly follow around him around with a crash cart and an ambulance ready to go? ;)

I think that's the sign that a composer has done an incredible job. If you can't imagine anyone else scoring his film then he's obviously done the job right. That's something I would say about Elfman and Williams and their work with Batman and SW. But look at what happened towards the end of the Batman franchise. The music started to sound like an updated version of the 60's TV show music and it sucked as badly as the movie. Stupid camp crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I just can't discuss Batman for too long before I start trashing Batman & Robin and Joel Shcmuckmaker.