PDA

View Full Version : This is kinda cool...

CMJ
Jul 17th, 2001, 06:00:33 PM
We have 3 jumping threads right now. It reminds me of the infancy of this board...back when TPM was still out.

JonathanLB
Jul 17th, 2001, 06:06:11 PM
haha, wasn't that cool?!

I think we have some good posters here, though. I always like reading your thoughts on films, CMJ, and Darth23 has excellent box office knowledge and it's good hearing what he has to say too. Jedieb is pretty damn funny, and Fox, well, he's Fox! :)

And the rest of the people, of course, Jedi Master Carr, etc :)

Darth23
Jul 17th, 2001, 06:08:20 PM
meesa going home.

:p

That was pretty cool.

CMJ
Jul 17th, 2001, 06:09:08 PM
Man there were days when 7 threads would be going simultaneously and you couldn't type fast enough to put down your thoughts. It was all at a break neck pace. That was pretty cool. :)

JonathanLB
Jul 17th, 2001, 06:11:36 PM
Yeah those were the days, dang it was awesome. Like you finish responding in one thread, then there are three more threads with new respondes, and you cannot catch up until like 30 minutes after everyone else leaves, at which point new people come in and screw up your whole schedule yet again! LOL.

Perhaps it'll be like that again in 285 to 300 days, just before release :)

CMJ
Jul 17th, 2001, 06:13:11 PM
I have a feeling it will...I really do. Alot of SW fans will come out of hibernation.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 17th, 2001, 07:24:44 PM
Good grief, there was a lot of stuff to read in here today!!!!

Memories.....

Jedieb
Jul 17th, 2001, 09:04:07 PM
Those were the good ol' days. I wasn't here before TPM was released but I was here soon after and this place was hopping. It will be fun to see it all happen again. Think of everything we have to look forward to. The trailer, the sneak preview toys, early lines (although I don't think people will line up as early as they did last time), etc.... I say this place will be hard to keep up with next spring.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 17th, 2001, 09:28:25 PM
Let's also take the time to remember departed comrades; Bromine, Jedi 3167 (hehe), Darth Ronin etc...
:)

Force Master Hunter
Jul 17th, 2001, 09:33:25 PM
DONT SAY THAT NAME!!!! you might bring him back, you know how he's like Beetlejuice!

Jedieb
Jul 17th, 2001, 09:41:35 PM
STOP!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF YODA DON'T SAY HIS NAME!!!!!
Seriously, if you say his name 3 times the medication wears off and he awakens......

JonathanLB
Jul 17th, 2001, 10:07:53 PM
Jedi3167, Jedi3167, Jedi3167!!!

LOL.

You know the real reason why Episode II won't beat Titanic? Fox and the theaters will get together and STEAL most of the $20 billion that the movie will REALLY make at the box office, if it weren't for those crooks at Fox and Regal. lol.

I think people will be lining up just as easly as they did for TPM, at least the main group. I am part of the lineup group for Episode II, which is no longer with Countingdown, but I think our plans are to lineup just as easly as last time. It should be awesome, though I doubt I'll make it there until later.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 17th, 2001, 11:04:44 PM
LOL now if he comes back Jedieb will kill you. I wonder if the other lost comrades will return like Bromine, Atreu(sp) and Darth Ace as well as others who frequented here back then. Actually I think this board will really begin to get hoping later in November, First we have EP 2 trailer and then the first LOTR film there will be a lot to talk about.

Doc Milo
Jul 18th, 2001, 12:20:53 AM
I wasn't here before TPM was released either, but did show up maybe a month or two later. I feel like I missed something...

Jedieb:
The trailer, the sneak preview toys, early lines (although I don't think people will line up as early as they did last time), etc....

Speaking of sneak preview toys...

I saw on starwars.com that they are coming out with a few soon: Bacta Tank Luke and Sail Barge Leia (I'm wondering how she differs from Slave Leia (unless she'll be released with the Sail Barge?))

I just browsed the article as I was doing something else. Think I'll go back and read the entire thing.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 18th, 2001, 01:28:52 AM
Was this board even around when TPM came out? I was thinking it wasn't but I am not sure. I didn't come here to after either I think around June I found this site but couldn't say if it existed in May or earlier.

JonathanLB
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:48:25 AM
Yes, it was around. It was one of those tree like formats, not like this one where the newest topic goes to the top.

I was around several weeks before the movie came out, so were a few others. Lounge Lizard, Palpatine, etc.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 18th, 2001, 03:50:34 AM
It was Jawafortress. The people who survived from then are LL and Johnathon, and me (as Darth Q). I dont think anyone else has been around as long. I think Fox was there too.

CMJ
Jul 18th, 2001, 08:51:51 AM
I think I joined just before Doc did. About 2 or 3 weeks after the film came out. The old BO cover page was really cool I remember....

This place hopped that whole summer for the most part. Other posters I miss....vansmak, Dutchy, HAL9000(those were my aler ego's according to 3167). I also miss half a dozen posters whose names I can't recall at the moment....

Jedieb
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:06:21 AM
Ah SW toys, the bright center of my universe. :)

Bacta Tank Luke and Sail Barge Leia mark the return of the Deluxe figures to the SW line. The Bacta Tank has a light that can illuminte whatever liquid you place inside the tank and the new Slave Leia is rumored to be more articulated than the first incarnation. It should come with the cannon from Jabba's sail barge and part of the deck. The EP1 line has been replaced by the Power of the Jedi line which will probably continue as a line with scattered releases next year while the focus is on EP2.
Preview Figures
4-5 Sneak Preview figures are due to hit stores in Jan. or Feb. It could be earlier but I doubt it. Rumors say they'll be a new Shmi, EP2 style 3PO, R2, and a couple of new EP2 characters.
I love my SW toys....... The new B-Wing rocks!!!!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:48:28 AM
I made my first appearance here at the beginning of June '99, but I don't remember who was here then.

Jedieb
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:54:39 AM
Oh I forgot, the rivers will run red with blood if JediMulder returns. Red with blood.... >(

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 18th, 2001, 01:25:37 PM
I came around mid June in 99 I think. As I remember this place was pretty crowded with threads. I can't wait until later this year when the first trailer comes out, it should be busy in here then too.

foxdvd
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:33:29 PM
yes...I was here when the first forum went up..we switched boards a few times before we ended up with ezboard..

Doc Milo
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:48:18 PM
I just checked my member profile for ezboard. I came in June 23 1999. I think I was lurking here without an ID a few days before that, though...

foxdvd
Jul 19th, 2001, 01:08:12 AM
this foxdvd account says May 29th..

Jedieb
Jul 19th, 2001, 08:14:32 AM
My account says June 21, 1999. Damn, has it been THAT long?!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 19th, 2001, 02:45:23 PM
I guess so Jedieb my account info says I joined the day after you the 22nd. Man it has been a long time.

ReaperFett
Jul 19th, 2001, 02:51:25 PM
December 20th 1999