PDA

View Full Version : Shrek is only 3.84 million away from 260 million..does it...

foxdvd
Aug 1st, 2001, 05:54:05 PM
Does it make it to 260 million? This is tough....

Darth23
Aug 1st, 2001, 06:07:30 PM
Easily.

:-)

it's back in the top ten.

By Friday it wll need like 3 million. It made 1.79 million last weekend and it's consistently had the lowest drop every week.

It will hit 260 by the end of NEXT weekend (not this weekend). I'm guessing it will have a decent cheap theater run as well. Lots of familes go to the cheaper theaters cause it's so much more cost effective with parents and a couple of kids.

Spy kids is being released this month, maybe they'll do a Thanksgiving/Christmas time release of Shrek as well.

CMJ
Aug 1st, 2001, 06:07:51 PM
Well not DEFINITELY, but I'd almost be willing to bet it can limp accross 260M. Hell PH is still limping ever so slowly towards 200M, even though a few weeks ago most of us were sure it would die around 185-190M.

JonathanLB
Aug 1st, 2001, 06:59:05 PM
It's still a good possibility Shrek comes back to theaters. It will most likely be the best animated film of the year, even with Monsters, Inc. by Pixar, so it will win that Oscar and either when it is nominated or when it wins, it'll be back in theaters just like American Beauty, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, etc. It'll probably be back at some point. At least, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

foxdvd
Aug 1st, 2001, 10:36:14 PM
Yeah, they could bring it back during Nov or Dec..to get buzz going for it again into Oscar time..and add a few million to its pot

Darth23
Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:06:40 AM
Yes, definitely. It's inevitable - unless it lost like MASSIVE theaters this week.

Shrek made $354,360 on Tuesday, Pearl Harbor made $128,045. That's a million buck is 3 days vs. a million on 8 days.

It's inevitable. The little graph in my Excel spreadsheet told me so.

:-)