PDA

View Full Version : One of the greatest movies ever is about to be destroyed...

ReaperFett
Aug 6th, 2001, 06:44:08 AM
The Killer. One of John Woos finest moments. Great story, acting and action. And Warner Brothers are remaking it. This is the equivelent of p***ing on the Mona Lisa. Some fun facts:

-John Woo WONT be directing

-Chow Yun Fats part will be played by Benicio Del Torro (I want him to do a John Woo film, but not this)

-The cop(forget his name) is to be played by Micheal Douglas (w.....tf?)

-the singer will be played by Minnie Driver (/me weeps open tears)

They are going to ruin a classic

Jedieb
Aug 6th, 2001, 08:02:14 AM
Simple solution reaper, don't watch it! I don't mean to be flippant, but that's really your best solution. Classic films get remade all the time. It doesn't really ruin the original one bit. For god sake, Barbwire is actually a remake of Casablance. It doesn't hurt Casablanca one bit. All it really does is make Barbwire that much worse a movie. I can see one thing that will probably bug you. Most people will probably see the new Del Torro and Douglas version and think of it as the "original." If it's a hit they'll think of it as a great action flick and look at the original as a sub par Hong Kong flick without Hollywood stars or a Hollywood budget. Damn, you've got to stop this tragedy before it goes any further! Bomb the studio! Kidnap Zeta Jones! Do whatever it takes, BUT STOP THEM REAPERFETT!!!

Mu Satach 2
Aug 6th, 2001, 07:50:30 PM
that sounds hideous...

Hart3584
Aug 7th, 2001, 05:57:54 PM
I passionately dislike how that sounds..... Minnie Driver? Michael Douglas? Ugh.