PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Reloaded moved to 2003

General Ceel
Aug 8th, 2001, 02:38:32 PM
"Looks like "Attack of the Clones" will have a little less competition at the box office in the summer of 2002. SciFi.Com reports:

Joel Silver, producer of the two upcoming Matrix sequels, told SCI FI Wire that the release of the first sequel, The Matrix Reloaded, likely won't happen until 2003. "It's going to be summer now, summer 2003," Silver said in an interview at the premiere for Osmosis Jones, in which he has a cameo role. Rumors had The Matrix Reloaded opening as soon as Christmas 2002.
So what does that mean for The Matrix 3's release? "You'll see," Silver said"

hmm, looks like a bigger BO haul for AOTC

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 8th, 2001, 03:06:45 PM
That could spell trouble for that movie this is the third time they pushed it back. It was suppose to open in the Summer of 2002 then it went to Christmas now this. Maybe that wanted to avoid AOTC and LOTR both open in 2002.

ReaperFett
Aug 8th, 2001, 03:19:09 PM
nah, they need to see Blade 2 to rip off yet more things :)

General Ceel
Aug 8th, 2001, 03:27:31 PM
All i can say is that it better be really really good, if they are pushing it back again, which means going over budget. Can't wait to see the final cost of this thing.

Hart Kenobi
Aug 8th, 2001, 03:37:26 PM
I really wanted to see it next year. :( This sucks.

DaBoSsNaStY
Aug 8th, 2001, 03:46:28 PM
LOL@Reaperfett. I hear that dood!!!

well they had a lot of problems with the first one, from what I recall form the making of the MaTrIx!! They kept going over budget, and adding more parts into the movie. In the end, I guess it did do a good job.

Jedieb
Aug 8th, 2001, 03:51:21 PM
I'm curious, just where will the story go from here? I mean if Neo is "The One" then where is the sense of danger. His character is unstoppable, isn't he? Or maybe he isn't the one, maybe... Ah, who cares, it's not like we're talking about a SW movie.

Darth23
Aug 8th, 2001, 04:01:55 PM
I thought the story was already a trilogy.

Neo just got started in M. (matrix :p )

They have to actually change the (Matrix) world . They can't just shut off the Matrix and wake everyone up. Plus we never saw Zion (?) And Trinity and Neo will neet to work on that great chemistry they had in the first one. ;)

General Ceel
Aug 8th, 2001, 04:22:47 PM
I thought they should have left it with one movie. But i suppose if they can write a good story for it why the hell not.

Darth23
Aug 9th, 2001, 11:55:37 AM
I was always inder the impression that it was a trilogy before they made the first one. The first one seemed clearly like 'The Beginning' to me.

Darth23
Aug 11th, 2001, 01:09:36 AM
Looks like they're going to do a simultaneous worldwide release.

I think the TF.net article said they haven't started shootign yet? I thought they already did the live action stuff.

JonathanLB
Aug 11th, 2001, 03:25:15 AM
You guys, ugg, lol. It is NOT going overbudget and it has NOT been delayed! The studio never said it would come out at x-mas 2002, that was just what people heard from insiders. As we all should know from the TPM rumors, they are not always true.

As the Variety article says, the production is on schedule and going smoothly. The budget is not going to be higher because they have chosen a summer 2003 release date. They never had any earlier plans, though I think they had hoped for a 2002 release date. Also, the strike probably hurt any chances of a summer 2002 release, which is great, yet another reason why Episode II has more of a chance to succeed. Competition shouldn't be extremely intense at all.