PDA

View Full Version : The Others: A Review

IndianaJones
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:28:45 PM
All I can say is that if AP2 and the Matrix made me fond of Recycling, The Others didn't. It was ok. The acting was strong from Nikki, but there were poorly intorduced ideas, and plot threads that made me have too many questions in the end. And not questions that lead to a sequal, or that open your mind, but rather piss you off.
There were a few good surprises, one made a woman inthe theater scream her head off, which was funny as hell. Other times it was suspenceful.

The ending is really cool, personally I liked the ending better than 6th Sence, butit is basically the same ending, with a bit more too it.

All in all its The 6th Sence set in a Post WWII era.

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars.

CMJ
Aug 14th, 2001, 12:21:03 AM
Wow Indy...you're the first person I know that wasn't enamored with it. I still haven't seen it, but I've heard it's pretty good.

IndianaJones
Aug 14th, 2001, 12:32:23 AM
This film would have been the schizza ifnot for 6th sence. This film is a lot better in my opinion, but since the two are similar its not such a big deal.

JonathanLB
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:42:58 AM
CMJ, it is NOT pretty good.

It's excellent! My best friend and I loved it. I admit there were dull moments, but if the director had made it fast-paced the suspense would simply be lost. I think the pacing was just right because it does seem to work for the movie. I'd give it 3.5 stars and the ending plot twist is sweet! I thought I knew what the plot twist would be, but honestly there are two of them, and I only guessed one, which was not the major one anyway.

That movie was pretty creepy. I would not want to spoil anything at all, but there's one scene where my friend said, "JESUS CHRIST!" and everyone in the theater was jumping at this scene, and it was hilarious because other people said the same thing, then a guy in the back, about 4 seconds later, said "...JESUS CHRIST!!!!" LOL, and everyone was kind of chuckling because it seriously scared everyone.

I've never seen a movie that actually scared me, but this made me jump a bit at least.

IndianaJones
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:54:59 AM
This is interesting...
I found the movie tohave been pacedreally well, I just thouhgt that it was the 6th Sense. The ending was great, it made the movie, but the over all flow ofthe film was interupted by poorly added ideas.