PDA

View Full Version : ohoo, this rumour should crack you up

ReaperFett
Aug 13th, 2001, 10:38:55 AM
www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=9835 (http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=9835)

Heres the thing though- IT COULD WORK! Clooney had a bad film, not his fault. If it had been his vision, we could have had luck. And JT has the charisma, its just the weight. If he could lose a bit more, then yeah. His current state? Nah, give it to Dougray Scott

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:01:55 AM
You're right, that was pretty funny. Now if it came true, how DUMB would we look? ;)

Darth23
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:03:35 AM
If it's true how DUMB would the movie look?

:p

I suppose he could use the money to make more Battlefield Earth movies.

I predict many lame movies for some waning franchises in the future....

IndianaJones
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:20:13 AM
I'm laughing, and crying. Clooney was a horrid Batman (My fave Superhero). Wish they could release him from his contract. So far Mike Keaton was the best.

ReaperFett
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:31:52 AM
Keaton had Burton. CLooney had SHumacher. Unfair comparison or what? Now, Burton with Clooney, thatd be perfect

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2001, 06:30:51 PM
That's some of the oddest casting I've ever heard of. I like Travolta, but he's a bit long in the tooth to play Supes. I don't blame Clooney for the horrid camp crap fest that was Batman & Robin, Schmucker was clearly to blame there. World's Finest is a great premise, but the studio needs to look at the long term possiblities of the franchise and go with a younger cast.

Mu Satach 2
Aug 14th, 2001, 02:56:48 PM
Oh good lord...

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:01:25 PM
Clooney would be fine for Batman but please Travolta he doesn't even look like Superman. And what direction is WB going with Batman? I thought they were going to greenlight Frank Miller's script of year one that and rumor had it that Jude Law would play Batman and Kurt Russel would play Commissioner Gordon. Or are they going to do both?

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:32:12 PM
I thought they had scrapped year one if world's finest came out?