PDA

View Full Version : American Pie 2

IndianaJones
Aug 10th, 2001, 10:52:36 PM
American Pie 2: The Saga Continues…

Disclaimer:
First off, let me express that I am 19 yrs old, and going to be a freshman at film school this fall, and that I am taking the liberty to be totally immature and goofy. The film I am about to review was also not serious, goofy, and above all immature. In no way am I holding this film up to the same light as such great classics as Star Wars, Forrest Gump, Gladiator, or any other masterpiece of film that comes to mind. Above all, this review is to reflect the immaturity of the film, a “Fun” films as we enjoy calling this brand of cinema.

Review:

I never laughed so hard in my life. Yes, it was basically the same film as the first one. Yes- It is a recycled sex comedy. But man, I have never felt so proactive to any type of recycling in my life. It was beyond funny. American Pie 2 was by far the best film I’ve seen this summer, which says a lot about the garbage that has come out. It was not artsy, it was *not* original, and it was by far not Oscar worthy, but it was one of movies that I left from feeling really charged and happy, excited even, by the prospect of what movies are all about: having a good time! I loved it, I laughed at every joke, and so did the audience. The movie was funny from all ends; facial expressions, situations, ideas, you name it! Great “Fun” film, and I will go back to see it if I get a chance. Worth my $9 twice over.

Jim’s dad was great, Stiffler was awesome, Jim himself continues to amuse all.

The ending was a little bit of a downer, when you see it you’ll know why, but not enough to ruin the flick at all. All in all great comedy.

*****/5

The Previews:

The previews shown were also great. The Musketeer looks great, Tim Roth back in the saddle as the bad guy. The stunts look amazing, which prove to be a slight draw back to me, since they seem excessive for the period of the film. Crouching Tiger had “Wire Fu” for a reason. The Musketeer looks a bit over board, but like a great telling of the old tale. One I will not want to miss.

Darth23
Aug 10th, 2001, 11:07:36 PM
Woah, great review.

I watched part of the internet scene from AM 1 last night. Even though I've see the movie before I still felt like I was going to die laughing.

:p

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 11th, 2001, 12:49:42 AM
I am glad you enjoyed. The reason for all the stunt work in the Musketeer is probably because its a throwback to all the Swashbucking films from the 40's and 50's especially the 3 Musketeer Films. Everyone since the early days of cinema had a huge sword fight and and a lot of stunts. Dumas' novel was very much this way. I will probably go see it, mostly because at long last Cardinal Richelieu is not the villain. He has always been potrayed as evil, cunning and ruthless and the last one (Disney's) had him trying to kill the King. Richelieu was not this way(I did my Masters thesis on him so I know), he was a schemer but everything he did was for the good of France. I know Stephen Rae is playing him, did they show him in the preview?

JonathanLB
Aug 11th, 2001, 03:39:46 AM
Yeah, AP2 was very good! I'd give it 3.5 stars out of 4 probably. It wasn't as funny or as good as Rush Hour 2, but it was still really funny! I could not stop laughing most of the time.

I just have one thing to add about AP2: SEANN WILLIAMS SCOTT IS AWESOME!!! LOL. I think he's my favorite new comedian now basically. He's hilarious in Road Trip. So funny that I still feel like watching that movie again even though I just saw it twice in the last month. He is just SO FUNNY, lol. "What a dumbass, the lake is right there!" Haha, he had so many good lines I don't even remember most of them. I'll have to see that again probably.

"...going to be a freshman at film school this fall." Same here. Where are you going again? I'll be majoring in Film Production at Loyola Marymount University (LMU) in Los Angeles, California, just next to the site where DreamWorks was going to build the first new film studio in six decades (but did not).

How could the critics NOT LAUGH at AP2? What a buncha f***ing morons! You have to be incredibly stupid not to laugh at that. Maybe if you're 65 you just don't get the jokes, but for anyone who didn't live through the last ice age, it was darn funny.

The Musketeer preview is AWESOME. I had seen it about three weeks ago in front of JP3 I think, or some other film, but it was nice seeing it again. The music they play is awesome, too, very appropriate for the trailer. It looks absolutely sweet. My best friend and I love that thing. He is like, "If it was between seeing Liz (a hot girl we had over to swim Wednesday) naked and seeing that trailer, it would honestly be a hard choice." I disagree. I'd go for Liz in a second, but his point is taken :)

ReaperFett
Aug 11th, 2001, 07:07:01 AM
that person who played Stifler now has the power to annoy me with but a few words. He is the new Chris ROck for me :)

IndianaJones
Aug 11th, 2001, 08:27:22 AM
My School:

This fall I will be attending The North Carolina School of the Arts. They are one of the fastest groing film schools in the country, especially after this past year. Their students placed ahead of the established schools, like NYU, USC, AFI, ect... in many of the competiotions. Also, as far as equipment goes, they are already digital. They upgraded and got all the latest equipment for digital movie making, and nonlinear editing/production.
My Dean is Dale Pollock, author of the biography, Skywalking:The Life and Filmsof George Lucas. So I'm really excited.
Chek out the website if you want, www.ncarts.com

As for the trailer. I love swashbuckling movies, especially about the 3 Musketeers, I've seen almost all of the Musketeer movies, and I enjoyed them all, even with historical inacuracies. And I like action, I just think they may have gone over the top a bit.

Other trailers I saw were Corky Ramono which looks terrible. And that new baseball movie with Matthew Lillard, Freddie Princess, and Jessica Biel. That film looks awsome, just cause Jessica is so damn hot. There was another trailer I saw,I can't remember it though... ohh well.

Dutchy
Aug 11th, 2001, 12:44:47 PM
How could the critics NOT LAUGH at AP2? What a buncha f***ing morons!

Your friend Ebert laughed: "I had a good time at American Pie 2" and "I laughed at American Pie 2, yes". He gave it 3 stars.

You have to be incredibly stupid not to laugh at that. Maybe if you're 65 you just don't get the jokes, but for anyone who didn't live through the last ice age, it was darn funny.

Well, then I guess it was much better than the first one, coz that's one of the lamest comedies I've seen in recent years.

Darth23
Aug 11th, 2001, 12:47:17 PM
Jon went to an AP movie?

:eek:

buff jedi 2
Aug 11th, 2001, 01:38:08 PM
Well , Im doing something I shouldnt(im putting something down I havnt seen)and could never make a movie myself BUT

If you are over the age of 12 , how could you waste your time on trash such as AP2 , I sat through 15 min's of the first one because, IT was FlAT OUT STUPID. These types of movies are aimed at, young and immature people.(although i myself are somewhat young and immature)can see its trash. I feel that the only people(mostly not all) who do watch these movies and like them feel very insecure about themselves (there dorks/not getting laid/or just flat out not to smart) NOW of course this is just my opinion NOT all people look at things the same way.BUT do look at the crowds that are lined up to see these types of movies and you will see where im coming from.

ReaperFett
Aug 11th, 2001, 01:43:06 PM
1st one was awful. It wasnt a comedy, it was a few things made out to be funny, that werent. 1st viewing was funny, second was awful. And of course, they then realease the uncut on video, really showing how they cared about making a good film, and not trying to get teenagers who want to see more of the foreign exchange student

Nichos Marr
Aug 11th, 2001, 02:39:12 PM
Don't diss the foreign exchange student :)

Darth23
Aug 11th, 2001, 05:41:52 PM
I never saw the first one because I thought it was going to be moronic, sophomoric and stupid. When I saw it on cable I was surprised at how funny it was.

JonathanLB
Aug 11th, 2001, 05:53:25 PM
I never saw the first one because I thought it would be too f-ing perverted and disgusting, not funny, much like Scary Movie ONE was just too gross for my likes. Was it funny? Yes! Some parts were absolutely hilarious, but the other parts went way too far over what I will tolerate and ruined the good movie it could have been, so it was only 2.5 stars for me. The second was far better.

Lately, not only are sequels making more money, they're actually better movies too. I think this whole idea that sequels are inferior is ignorant and moronic. Most of the time sequels are at least enjoyable, and many times they ARE better than their predecessors. I liked Beverly Hills Cop 2 better than one by far and I liked T2 better than The Terminator, RH2 better than RH, Scary Movie 2 better than Scary Movie, the list goes on...

Buff Jedi, you have to be pretty insecure yourself to make a judgment about EVERY PERSON who goes to see a movie like American Pie 2. First off, many people who went probably were just going because their friends did, so that doesn't mean they actually had a huge desire to see it. Second, I never did see the first one but this looked funny so I decided to go with my best friend. It was hilarious and if you saw it, you would laugh. You can't say that you wouldn't. It was just funny. The people I saw in the theater were just normal teenagers, many of them with girlfriends, so your comments are even more idiotic and ignorant.

I usually don't do this, but man if you're going to sit there and criticize the people who see the movie, you need to realize YOUR OWN immaturity when you cannot even write one simple paragraph without a ton of grammatical errors, commas where they don't belong, and other writing that makes you look like YOU are 12.

If you want to judge the movie without seeing it, so be it, but if you're going to judge PEOPLE WHO SEE THE MOVIE (which will be about 20 million people), then you really need help. I've never seen someone so judgmental. Just look at what you said and you SHOULD realize how stupid it makes look, but then again, if you really are that stupid you won't notice.

Darth23
Aug 11th, 2001, 06:01:36 PM
ok.....

So where did all the hostility come from? it's just a frickin movie.

It's not even Star Wars or anything.

buff jedi 2
Aug 11th, 2001, 06:58:26 PM
Jon, your the brainy one here (RE READ MY POST) AND you never EVER want me pissed off at you . so watch your mouth boy .Unless you want some.AND I DONT MEAN MAYBE!

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Aug 11th, 2001, 07:02:17 PM
OH and my grammer is bad BOOO HOOOO, and judgemental???? re read almost ALL of your post in here THAN talk to me about JUDGEMENTAL AND THAN GET some balls and come see me (enough grammer mistakes for you ?)

JonathanLB
Aug 11th, 2001, 08:48:18 PM
Yeah that was plenty of grammar mistakes for a lifetime.

I have nothing further to say to you. You don't scare me buddy. You're extremely immature if you have to threaten me to get your point across, and threats don't mean anything to me.

Just don't make assumptions about 20 million people you don't even know, ok? Educated people don't do that.

Darth23
Aug 11th, 2001, 09:49:04 PM
Can I suggest that you guys ALL just cool it?

Fighting on the internet it Really silly.

Trust me, I know.

ReaperFett
Aug 11th, 2001, 09:53:33 PM
can you feel the love? :)

Force Master Hunter
Aug 11th, 2001, 09:56:10 PM
Back off guys - and that's a Admin request.

buff jedi 2
Aug 11th, 2001, 10:04:13 PM
Ah , just as I thought 1.your not as smart as you think.(book wise maybe) but not common sense. 2 I must have hit home with you (my post read ) MOST people not all (you must be part of most ,my post was not aimed at you and you TOOK personal offense (you told on yourself) 3. I never threatened you It was an offer (you know alot of the dictionary ) you should know what the word MEANS. 4. Yes and no about you not being scared of me YES you would be if you were face to face with me BUT you live all the way in cal. so you feel safe so far away 5.YES my grammer SUCKS it always has and always will UNLESS I need it not to READ my many other posts I even talk about it being awlful.. 7. if all you have in life is your GREAT grammer Ill send the forms for your wefare checks 8. you hate it when someone else's opinion differs from your's it makes you SOOO mad EVRYONE knows it they have just been polite. READ your own posts and tell me im wrong.(yeah I skipped 6)

NEVER hold a mirrior too your face you may not like what you see. OH and on education A truly educated person Would admit when they are wrong.4yrs college under my belt 3.4 (could be better ) 4 yrs to go.OH ooppss I have some bad grammer in here better hit spell check NOT! OH come to think of it maybe your problem is IM the king of TPM viewing????

JUST saw FORCE HUnter to say lay off SO I will (the adms DO scare me) so dont worry JON thats all I have to say to you EXCEPT im still going to buy one of your books when it comes out.maybe ill learn me some grammer ;)

buff jedi

Darth23
Aug 11th, 2001, 10:50:38 PM
lol @ Reap

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 11th, 2001, 10:51:55 PM
Wow I can't believe how hostile this thread has become. First off I think Buff was wrong to say that only immature who watch these films, but at the same time Jonathan shouldn't have slammed him either I think both of you should apologize and movie on.

As far as American Pie 2 goes, I will probably see it eventually it seems similar to the first film so I can guess the jokes will be equally gross. Actually these kind of films are nothing new its just they have started to get more detailed. AP 2 is one movie in a series of Low Brow films which goes back to the 20's starting with Burlesque. It progressed in the 30's and 40's through such comedians as Abbott and Costello and the Three Stooges. Both of their routines were intended to entertain the vast populace and not the intellectuals. As time progressed the jokes when from pie gags, the hammer in the head routine and the occasional sexual inhendio to more detailed jokes which had more to with sex than bodily harm. I am not sure which film or comedian began, It was really just a gradual thing that picked up in the 80's and 90's with The Farrely Brothers being the biggest proponents of them leading the the bigest hit to date There is Something About Mary which made somewhere of excess of 160 million. The more recent films in this genre though have seemed to lose steam. Although Scary Movie did well most hated it and that is why the sequel did so poorly. AP2 may have better results (it might have better writting than the more recent attempts). Regardless this type of humor will always be around in movies and television.

buff jedi 2
Aug 11th, 2001, 11:42:43 PM
I guess your right Master carr, BUT I did say MOSTLY not all.
and did say it was MY opinion.but anyway its over and Ill tell Jon i'm sorry but I aint happy about it.and of course I came to this subject already ticked off and did maybe express my opinion to bluntly BUT I never attacked on person.

this
whole thing started when
I went to see the ape movie agian , Our LONG line was next to AP2's LONG line and the Immature dorks (at the theater ) I was at were getting on my last nerve and totally acting like Idiots . One of them had the nerve to speak to my date (as if) and when she pretty much told him he was a nasty little punk and keep his eye's to himself.well since he was there with a few of his buddies he THOUGHT he was superman for a minute and started to talk junk to me.Well That so didnt set well with me ,so I called the dumbars and his pals out of line OF course they just stood there like a bunch of wusses . but would start snikering under there breathes to each other . I than told them they got something to say Stand up like Men and say it BUT of course they didnt have anything to say to my face. So anyway the whole time I was sitting watching the movie I just fummed and thought about the type of people that goes and see's crap like AP2.(of course crappy people watch other movie too)so my whole night was ruined I didnt give my date the kind of NIGHT a buffster should .So yes it is not fair to classify MOST people in that way .

But I do have to point out that a movie where a guy super glues his pee pee to his hand and video tape HAS to scream Childish ,UT of course that is my opinion only.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 12th, 2001, 01:15:26 AM
Thats understandable and I didn't take offense to any of it. I was just trying to play peacemaker and end this flame war. Hopefully Jonathan will apologize and that will end this thing. One of thing that I find interesting you mention that super glue incident well that is an old gag, (although nobody has every tried to do it to that particular body part) but I know I have seen in several TV shows and several movies, Police Academy comes to mind. Again it helps to push my point that all of these movies are just rehashes of burlesque comedy which I am sure did similar jokes nearly as dirty just not visual.

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 01:53:04 AM
sigh...I am glad I never get into fights on the net... :)

Darth23
Aug 12th, 2001, 02:44:03 AM
lol

ReaperFett
Aug 12th, 2001, 05:04:51 AM
You can you say that Fox, you MORON!

j/k :)

JonathanLB
Aug 12th, 2001, 07:05:54 AM
Dude I didn't even read all these posts, but I'd just like to say I think Buff is a cool guy and I'd like to apologize for what I said, but at the same time I think it's unfair to call ALL viewers of AP2 moronic and sophomoric JUST because they saw the film.

Buff, you're a great SW fan, and you do us all proud, so sorry for my comments, but you know, I just thought you were generalizing too much and putting ME into a group that I don't think I'm part of whatsoever. You're an awesome fan, so sorry man. Are we cool? This is a useless issue to fight over...

Have a good day.

JonathanLB
Aug 12th, 2001, 07:11:29 AM
Ok now I read them all. Buff, sorry again, you're a neat guy. Don't worry about the grammer, what an idiotic thing to criticize someone for on a forum, but you KNOW me, I am not the type to see films like AP and AP2, but man, they were pretty funny. Seriously. I am not into that type of humor usually, I far prefer normal, less perverted humor, but I laughed anyway.

Sorry, I just took it personally when you attacked all viewers of a film like that because honestly I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing AP2... But I know what you mean. I've said things like that before, exactly, and I've said, "Damn anyone who would see that kind of sick movie is just gross." I think, in retrospect, that was incorrect and I should have at least given the films a chance.

Anyway, everyone move along, move along, if you like AP2, you like it, if not, then fine. That's cool. Humor is interesting, because everyone has their own style and own preferences.

buff jedi 2
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:08:12 AM
Jon,
As far as Im concerned its all good ,No hard feelings here.I too do apologize .I wasnt saying all the people that watched ap2 BUT I guess it doesnt ,matter ,I should have worded it in a different way.Very sorry.I personally dont want any hard fillings with any sw fan ,especially one that has the knowledge to write a book ,thats awsome.I too hope we are cool.I also know to never post when im ticked off and take it out on someone else (I know better )or I should.

buffjedi/wookieboy

btw ill work on my grammer ;)

Dutchy
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:37:08 AM
You're extremely immature if you have to threaten me to get your point across

Look who's talking. :)

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 12:54:40 PM
Dutchy..I think you and I need to get into a fight now..I always felt people from your country were kind of sneaky.. grrrrrr :)

Dutchy
Aug 12th, 2001, 03:45:55 PM
fox, you of all people should know exactly what I'm talking about. :)

BTW, how many people do you know from my country? ;)

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 03:59:21 PM
hmm..last time I counted...1..but man was he sneaky! ;)

Dutchy
Aug 12th, 2001, 04:05:11 PM
So you saw 1 people then? I'm not sure if that's totally correct English, man. ;)

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 04:10:40 PM
u said it...not I! ;)

Dutchy
Aug 12th, 2001, 05:20:38 PM
You implied it :p

Obi10kenobi
Aug 12th, 2001, 06:05:44 PM
Geez guys!!! cool your lightsabers already!

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 06:18:06 PM
see how sneaky he is guys!

Jedi MapleLeaf
Aug 12th, 2001, 06:36:13 PM
Hey Dutchy, where do you live? I have a friend who lives in Amsterdam. But everyone I meet in Holland seems to be from there...

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 06:40:48 PM
if I ever took a trip over there...Amsterdam would be the place I would go! PUFF PUFF GIVE

Dutchy
Aug 12th, 2001, 07:32:56 PM
Amsterdam RULES! One of the most interesting cities in the world, no kidding.

I'm not from Amsterdam, by the way.

Jedi MapleLeaf
Aug 12th, 2001, 07:33:23 PM
Oh yeah, all that free, wild dope that grows there, who could resist?

Dutchy
Aug 12th, 2001, 07:49:37 PM
I can!

Any other clichés to add? :p

IndianaJones
Aug 12th, 2001, 07:56:22 PM
Wow, who would have thought that this would have turned into such a big deal.

My take...

Everyone has different tastes, likes, dislikes, etc. I personally didn't like Planet of the Apes, in fact I really disliked it. And I get flamed all the time cause I didn't Meet the Parents. Go fig? I like tons of movies, and honestly, I like more than I dislike. Sometimes I can explain it, other times I can't.

True AP2 was very sophmoric, but why is it that every film we deem as good has to be some incredibly "sophistcated" film? Why can't good movies be the sophmoric, ironic type of AP2? I have a really odd rating system, where I rate based on type of film. I gave AP2 5 stars cause I was rating it against other films that have made me laugh just as hard, like Austin Powers, AP1, Porky's, Meet the Parents (well, this one made me laugh very little).

This is why I hate critics, generally. They tend to try and rate films like AP2 against Gladiator or other great films, and everyone knows that AP2 doesn't hold a candel to these landmark masterpieces. Its just not concievable (or inconceivable if your Vezzini). That was what the disclaimer was for.

AP2 will never win an Oscar, but it is a hell of a funny movie, and it makes for a great time. I went to see it with my younger bro, and two friends of mine (ironically from my church youth group,again go fig.). It was a guys night out. We ate Tex Mex and enjoyed a film that took our minds off of a serious Youth Serivice we have been working full time on for a few months now that happened this weekend. It was a well deserved escape from work, family, and the already serious lives we lead. So again, I point the question: Why must all good films be Oscar worthy? I'm sure someone is going to reply that not all good films are, but it sure seems that way sometimes. People need to lighten up, me especially.

All types of people see and enjoy all types of film. I don't restrict myself to only certain types, to me that is not highering standards but lowering them because I wouldmiss a lot of things. In the same way I know a lot of people who refuse to read Stephen King novels because he is deemed a poor writer in literary circles, ok in every literary circle. But Ithink that it is foolish because he may not be the best writer, or the most original, but the guy can write a story, a good one most of the time, and it is entertaining. Films are supposed to be entertaining, sometimes they don't need to have a defining message or plot theme, they can just servive on being funny, or fun to go see with close friends.

AP1, I thought was a great film, for more than one reason which I mentioned once before. The guys on screen were many of my high school buddies. My lunch table made a similar sex pact, rather a bet on who would get lucky in what order? I wasn't envoled with this, but I thought it funny at the time, and still do because its those idiotic things that happen in high school that you tend to remember. AP1 reminded me of some friends. I'm sure you guys had them too, or at least new of them. It also helped that it was funny as hell.

So, now I'm sure that many people are wondering how I, a watcher of immature films got into film school? Well, I'm a decent writer, although my grammar to is off quite often, as I'm sure you'll notice. (THANK YOU SPELL/GRAMMAR CHECK) I got into several film schools, including The New School. The New School ofered my film orientedmind a full scholarship,which I am happy to say I could decline because of better opportunities else ware. So I think a well rounded diet of all films can help make a well rounded person and film buff/amature critic.

*This is not intended to provoke a flameware, I hope I worded everything correctly, I tend not to, I'm a little brash. But I hope everyone who read this post can grow from its content and learn to appreciate all types of film, not matter what the subject matter.*

Obi10kenobi
Aug 12th, 2001, 09:18:24 PM
I enjoy reading everyone's point of view here. I really don't post tho because you guys are so way more informed on all the little details than I am. It's interesting here to say the least.... :)

buff jedi 2
Aug 12th, 2001, 09:36:14 PM
Wow !!!!!!!!Jon and I ROCK 250 views??!!! Maybe he and I need to fight more ;)

btw where did Dutchy come from ?? hadnt seen him in ages.

buffjedi/wookieboy

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:12:37 PM
Obi10kenobi..I know deep down you liked my posts best! :)

Jedieb
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:16:45 PM
WTF?!?!?
I'm gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose! **Buff returns from a long absense and starts laying down the law!
**Jon unleashes a classic Bowen attack!
**Dutchy and fox show their love for one another yet again.

The next time my wife wants to drag me on another family vacation I'll tell her to take the kids and let me stay at home and on the net, where the REAL action is!

buff, I would have paid the price of admission to see you tossing punks at the theater. So, how hot was your date?

foxdvd
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:37:27 PM
Dutchy and fox show their love for one another yet again.

you know I will always have a special place in my heart for you Jedieb

Jedieb
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:49:11 PM
You wanna show me love? Tell me what kind of a DVD player to buy this October. Remember, I'm a cheap old man who wants to keep the price tag under $200. Help me fox, you're my only hope!

foxdvd
Aug 13th, 2001, 12:25:08 AM
well some like to stick with brand-names..so here are some choices..best under 200 bucks..

First, I have no idea how good this is..but man the price is right if you want to use your dvd player as a cd player as well..a 5 disc dvd player..one person said it was a great player, but I do not know the guy well

www.target.com/common/cat...navCount=4 (http://www.target.com/common/catalog/product.jhtml?prodid=49174&catnav=8728&navAction=push&navCount=4)

now...after that..

the Pioneer DV-343..which you can get for under 200...is the best on the market for quality....at a low price.

Anything from Sony will also be great..

Jedi MapleLeaf
Aug 13th, 2001, 12:28:23 AM
Well... those wooden shoes look pretty uncomfortable. I dunno if I'd wanna walk around wearing those all day! And it would be hard for me to give up my nice big 'ol house to live in a windmill. Also I don't know if I could handle having a closet that I can SIT on! LOL :P

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:15:52 AM
Hey nobody thanked me for my diplomacy. If I hadn't been around we might have had a flame war :P Well, maybe next I will go to the Middle East and attempt to solve their problems. On second thought I think I better stay here where I am needed ;)

JonathanLB
Aug 13th, 2001, 05:59:53 AM
Nah, Buff and I staged this one from the beginning just to get page views, and it looks like it worked.

Nice going, Buff. ;) I figured it would get a little attention, but we hit a homer!

lol, nah it was not just his post that pushed me over, but a whole lot of things, and I just didn't feel like being told I'm retarded or whatever for watching a movie like AP2, which was pretty darn funny. It's all good, though.

Dutchy
Aug 13th, 2001, 07:12:03 AM
btw where did Dutchy come from ??

From Holland of course :p

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2001, 09:35:45 AM
I hereby award JMC a Nobel Peace Prize. His actions in this post have LITERALLY saved the world. Thank goodness you were here JMC!

Thanks fox, I'll be off to the store sometime in October. Only a SW movie could drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Darth23
Aug 13th, 2001, 09:56:50 AM
Hey!

I tried to cool this too!

YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

buff jedi 2
Aug 13th, 2001, 05:29:24 PM
Its all your fault MR EB(S) had you been here none of this would have started!!!!! Now MASTER CARR and DARTH did a great job at peacemaker. Its a good thing too.. I may have pissed Jon way off and he might have showed he isnt only smarter BUT buffer too.You gotta watch the brainy guys ,they'll surprise you (wheeewwwww).

Eb(s) man There are very few women I meet That I feel that are too good for me,BUT this chick was the atomicBOMB!!!!!

the whole night (up till the theater) I kept thinking to myself ..This chick IS WAYYYYYY to hot for me.So understand my Pain when these punks RUIN my night . I do have to say that I should have went somewhere else (Other than a movie) with her BUT she was paying and its what she wanted to do so.... whada do. there is another date slatted so (never thought i'd say this) wish me luck!!

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 13th, 2001, 07:49:00 PM
Thank you Jedieb, I gladly accept, just be thankful I was here or who knows what could have happened ;) And yeah I guess Darth does deserve some credit too he helped, but I can't share the award can I :P

buff jedi 2
Aug 13th, 2001, 08:08:27 PM
HEY , Indiana Jones

just relized your going to be right down the road (nc school arts) Man give me a shout-out when you get squared away,Ill show you the town (not much of one though) w-s is somewhat DULL.Did some acting for some of the soon to be filmmakers there, a couple years ago.

buffjedi/wookieboy

IndianaJones
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:24:11 PM
KILLER!!!
I know people from church down there, and have made some friends, but it willbe awsome to meet someone from the board and to actually make contact with a competant movie goer. I agree on your pint that most of the people seeing AP2 were the people I hated in HS, and acted like asses. I've already been to the Barnes &Noble donw there, and the Best Buy. You'll have to give me the guided tour of the rest.

JonathanLB
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:51:33 AM
haha, do not worry, I am smart, yes, but I'm not buff! Lol. Maybe someday. I am 5'10" and I only weigh 140 pounds. I've gained 6 pounds and no inches in the last six months or so, yay. I need to gain a bit of weight.

Ugg it hurts typing. I'm doing a short movie right now with my friend and I get hit by a shovel in one scene (not literally, but it looks like that), so I have to fall into a grave (hole) we dug, but when I fell in (not trying to ease the blow at all, because it MUST look realistic), I fell right on an f-ing rock and cut my left hand open near the first joint between my pinky and my palm. So when I use any of those keys over there, it hurts! I guess it was worth it for the shot, though, because it turned out quite well.

So far, let's see, my best friend has had dirt thrown on him while lying in a hole, I've cut my hand, he dirtied all of his clothes and jumped in the swimming pool with them on, and in the last film I lay on the floor with my shirt cut open and cocktain sause and ketchup all over my mouth, my stomach, my face, and pretty much everywhere else up there. Then on this newest film Bryan hit his head against the table several times, hard, and I threw poker chips right in his face as hard as I could from four feet away. LOL. This is why I want to be a director in the future. Let the actors and stunt people do this nonsense and I'll think up the cool ideas and camera angles and stuff.

Anyway, I'm glad we (my best friend and I) both feel the same way about movies: any fairly minor injury or uncomfortable feeling is worth it FOR THE SHOT! :)

buff jedi 2
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:38:29 PM
Dam6 Jon, you guy's ARE suffering for your art :( BUT no pain no gain :)

Also always remember SIZE matters not (except,well you know where).Bruce lee was only like 150lbs.I know guy's who are twice my size(muscle and fat ) and Im still twice as strong (of course odor doesn't count).

Hey , indiana , You'll love NCSA all the people I meet there are pretty dam6 cool(but it's been awhile).you'll have a blast.BUT like I said Winston -salem is somewhat DULL with a city it's size you would think there would be more to do.The people you get up with will more than likely drag you to Greensboro or charlotte for nights out and such.(may sound wierd) But i look forward to meeting someone off this board (aint too many diehard SW fans in my neck of the woods) Also It'll be cool to show off my buffness (not that way ;) )

buffjedi/wookieboy

btw : competant ?? BUFF ??? he he he he he he

IndianaJones
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:06:13 PM
Cool, I look forward to meeting you too. I also look forward to being in an area other than NJ. I'm not a fan of Jersey, although it has some perks, like the fact that I'm 40min out of Manhattan, and the radio is better here than in the rest of the country. But I can live without both.

In fact my family is looking to relocate to Winston-Salem. We may sell our house in the weeks to come. Who knows.

buff jedi 2
Aug 19th, 2001, 01:13:56 AM
Well

I went out with her agian :)

we went to a dinner theater (ANNIE :( ) TThings went well,(did I mention she was HHHOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!) we stopped at a bar for her to have a cocktail(I dont drink) We got back to her place.Of course at this point I KNEW what was going to happen :) we get inside , we are there for a few minute's and the phone rings(did I mention she was HHHHOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.S he talks abit and tells who ever it was she loved them.She gets back over to the couch,sets down and starts talking.I ask (not that it was any of my business) who was it ? she say's her HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I didnt stick around but for maybe another hour (hey she was HOOOOOTTTTT!!!) well it goes to show you just cant TRUST women these day's.So now My night is going to consist of playing on the sw.net forums (there's a good fight over at Replica props Jypen and raz master :) ) BTW there's more to the story BUT....

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedieb
Aug 19th, 2001, 09:35:58 AM
Husband?! Get the hell away from her Buff! Even if she's separated, she should have told you she was married. Her hub could be some scrawny maniac that could flip out once he finds out his wife is trying to get a slice of buffness. RUN!!!!!!

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 19th, 2001, 08:50:44 PM
Damn straight, get the hell out of dodge Buff!