PDA

View Full Version : Back from Vacation. A trip of DVD watching

IndianaJones
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:17:34 PM
I went on vacation to the Outer Banks of NC to visit my grandparents, and recently my parents bought a conversion van, which I stripped of its VCR and replacedwith PS2 for gaming a DVD watching. The 9 hour trip became non existant, and I got to watch a few movies along the way...

The Gift
Wow, good film. Creepy, eerie, fun. I love ghost stories and the study of the paranormal, so this film was right up my ally. I thought Billy BOb wrote a good story, although it was some what transparent and I guessed the actual killer really early on. But the ending was cool, and well done.

ANTI-TRUST
Another very good film. I read a review that stated it was the most under rated film of the year, I believe Preview mag said that, and it was. I really got into the characters, the ideas that were put forth, and I found it to easily be something that could happen in real life. The characters were very human, and the suspence had me.

The Wonder Boys
Finally watched it, and I liked it.
For the first time I actually liked Micheal Doglus. He was good as the distraught teacher/writer. I've become a fan of Toby McGuier, that guy has talent. I've seen most of his movies and each one is better. Can't wait to see him in Spiderman, he was my choice when I first heard they were gonna cast the role, and was pleased to find out he was in the running, then got the role. Another good story with real characters.

I also found out that part of my Orientation for Film School is going to be watching Back to the Future in the school's main movie theater. That is just awsome!

CMJ
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:24:31 PM
I thought THE GIFT was very underrated too. Most people I know enjoyed it. Cate Blanchett was in the running for an Oscar nomination last year fir it(that was the buzz anyways) and I wouldn't have been mad if she'd snuck in there. I also really enjoyed WONDER BOYS though I felt it was tad overrated. Douglas was terrific though.

DaBoSsNaStY
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:35:43 PM
Yeah I thought both The Gift and The Wonder Boys are great movies. They both put a nice twist on things dealing with the charaters, and how the story is going to be told!
Also, The Gift was down right creepy in some parts!!

I really did not care too much about Anti-Trust, but it did have its moments:)

am I reading you right in saying that Toby McGuier is going to be Spiderman? I've got to check that out, He always puts on a good performance with his characters!

IndianaJones
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:54:14 PM
Yes sir
he is.

IndianaJones
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:55:30 PM
Yes sir
he is. Supposedly he has really bulked up to play everyone's favorite wall crawler. He worked out and is pretty big from what I'm told.

buff jedi 2
Aug 21st, 2001, 11:20:26 PM
He is still WAY!!!! to small to play spidey,and A very bad choice :( (this subject has been argued) But Toby just doesnt fit the bill as spider-man.I know alot of people have high hopes for it ,but i'm afraid it's going to be awlful.I truely hope im wrong.

buffjedi/wookieboy

btw How'd you like the outer banks INDY ?

IndianaJones
Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:02:51 AM
Love the Banks. My grandparents and uncle live there and I've been going to the Banks for over ten years,they moved their 7 years ago.

But, now I'm officially a resident of NC. I switched my driver's licence over to a North Carolina one, as well as my car to NC plates. I'm going to get the Back to the Future novelty plate for the front. My family is close to moving down permanently, well to Winston Salem, negotiations are in the works to sell the house.
I can't wait to get out of Jersey.