PDA

View Full Version : Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

bronto
Aug 19th, 2001, 07:02:22 PM
Saw the Jay and Silent Bob sneak preview last night, and as usual in Kevin Smith films, there were lots of Star Wars references. I thought this was one of the better movies Smith has made. It has cameos galore from the stars of all of Smith's previous films (Remember Dante and Randel from "Clerks"?). There is some pretty funny scenes dealing with websites just like this one! As well as some potshots not only at Star Wars but "Good Will Hunting", "Planet of the Apes", and "Scooby Doo". And if you thought Shannon Elizabeth was hot in the American Pie movies, you have to see this one. If you liked any of the other Kevin Smith movies, check this one out. If you didn't, you probably won't like this one either. Snootch! Was I vague enough? Just didn't want to give any spoilers. Later....

ReaperFett
Aug 19th, 2001, 07:11:09 PM
Shannon Elizabeth isn't that great. Now, Eliza Dushku on the other hand... :)

And yeah, I'll check it out. WHEN IT COMES OUT IN FOUR MONTHS! AAARGH!

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 19th, 2001, 08:41:43 PM
I can't wait to see this one...

and I beg to differ, but Shannon Elizabeth and Eliza Dushku are both GREAT.

Mu Satach 2
Aug 20th, 2001, 06:42:08 PM
I get to see it tomorrow night! >=)

<hr width=60%>

ReaperFett
Aug 20th, 2001, 06:43:58 PM
:(

Hart Kenobi
Aug 20th, 2001, 10:45:30 PM
Shannon Elizabeth kicks ass. Just saw Tomcats a few days ago and she is just as cute as she was back in the Nadia days.

JASB here I come!

IndianaJones
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:23:35 PM
Benn waiting for this one! Friday is the day! I've seen the trailer 4 times, and I laugh harder each time. Watched Clerks and Mallrats again this weekend! Love them. VCan't wait for this one. Sad it is going to be the last Jay and Silent Bob film, but it is a plus that Smith will be making other films. People don't realize the great potential and ability he has to do all kinds of stuff. Comedy is only one thing he can do, his writing skills are amazing. Very few can write dialogue as well as he can. You just have to look beyonf the subject of the dialogue to see the genius he has in orcastrating and refining it.

CMJ
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:27:13 PM
I think Kevin Smith is a wonderful writer....though I'm not sure if he's a good director yet. He has only really made 1 film with a visual flair(CHASING AMY)....most of his stuff is really talky. Not that it's a BIG problem, it's just obvious he's a writer 1st and foremost and a director second.

IndianaJones
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:41:05 PM
Chasing Amy
anither great film. I must say, I think Smith is a great creator. I love his films, although Dogma is my least favorite.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 21st, 2001, 09:56:55 PM
For some reason Dogma's my favorite maybe its because I went to a Catholic school ;) Still I thought that movie was hilarious.

IndianaJones
Aug 21st, 2001, 10:01:09 PM
I too went to Catholic School, and it was a good film, but if I had to pick a fave of his it would be a close choice for Mallrats, Clerks second, CA third. But I loved Clerks and Mallrats a lot, pretty much equal. CA was also great, my only draw back was the lack of Jay and Silent Bob, but other wise it toowas a great movie. Dogma was great but just didn't capture me as much.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 21st, 2001, 10:51:02 PM
I have to dissent.

I thought Dogma and Clerks sucked big time. I walked out of Clerks, which is the ONLY time I have done so to a movie. Dogma I just went yeech and returned the tape real fast. I found Clerks boring and way too much completely unnecessary obsenity. Which was a pity as the the idea about what they were taking the piss out of was good. I just found it poorly executed.

Hart Kenobi
Aug 22nd, 2001, 01:09:54 AM
I'd have to agree. I HATED Clerks, as taboo as that sounds. I really didn't like the main guy.

IndianaJones
Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:06:11 AM
wow, interesting.

I love to here other people's opinions, and thoselast two were interesting. Obsenity doesn't bother me, it probably shoul but it doesn't.

Dante is hard to relate to at times cause he is such a loser, but I still liked him. Randal was really funny.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 22nd, 2001, 09:28:52 AM
Mallrats was the first movie to make me fall off my chair laughing - literally.

So here's my fave Smith movies in order:
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Clerks
Dogma

Jay and Silent Bob awaits a ranking...

ReaperFett
Aug 22nd, 2001, 09:32:17 AM
Mallrats
Chasing Amy

All Ive seen so far :)

Clerks I cant find anywhere, and Dogma just hasnt made me want to see it yet

General Ceel
Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:15:29 AM
Dogma rocks. Damn i love that movie.

Hart Kenobi
Aug 22nd, 2001, 01:11:42 PM
Even though I have a lot of respect for the guy, I don't like how Ben Affleck is in all of them except Clerks. Jason Lee is funny as Hell and he should be in all of them, but it would be better if they recurred as the same characters from Mallrats.

IndianaJones
Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:44:23 PM
I just got stone walled. I asked a few buddies of mine if they wanted to get together Friday and see J&SBSB, and they looked atme like I had 6 heads. One proceeded to tell me that Mallrats sucked, and he would never see another Kevin Smith film as long as he lived, and the rest thought I was wierd. I'm depressed.

And to top it off, I went to Best Buy to pick up the new Goonies DVD, and alas they didn't have it! What is the world coming to?

CMJ
Aug 22nd, 2001, 11:07:27 PM
LOL...the world will not end because you couldn't find GOONIES. :)

IndianaJones
Aug 23rd, 2001, 08:18:49 AM
Oh sure, not with GOONIEs, but it starts there, then I can't find Chasig Amy, or The Seven Samurai, and little by little the world as we know it begins to dismantle and all the great films will be replaced by mass quantities of Booty Call, Robotjocks, and Batman and Robin. Film Noir will be considered Kings of Comedy. Its just a way for that underground Hollywood to sneak those horrible films into our homes, and by then those of us left that remember good films will be in utter chaos because our movie watching days will be reduced to the drivel poorly made trash, David Hasselhoff films. It will be total anarchy. And you'll think back, and remember how it started with GOONIES!

Either that, or they'll get the GOONIES in stock and all this will be avoided.

Darth McBain
Aug 23rd, 2001, 10:40:10 AM
So far the only one I haven't seen is Clerks, but it is up there on my have-to-see list... For me, the fave is Mallrats - I never get tired of Brodie ripping on Gil at the end... I thought Dogma and Chasing Amy were pretty good too. Hopefully I'll be there tomorrow to catch J&SBSB...

Snootchie Bootchies.....