PDA

View Full Version : Box Office Contest tie-breakers

Darth23
Aug 29th, 2001, 03:32:29 PM
So we need to come up with tiebreakers in case there's a tie. I know there's been some different possibilities suggested.

Right now Reaperfett and Mu are both tied with 3 wins each. So the contest could end next week with a two or even a 3 way tie.

Also the Points contest is close enough that there could be a tie after the last round. Especially with a double points weekend.

Since I'm sending out (some decently sized) Star Wars prizes to the winners, We can't just leave it as a tie.

----------------
Number One movie:

I think I'd rather NOT have the Number one movie winner decided based on points. Maybe we go pick the person who had the most number TWO movie wins in order to break the tie.

We could go into extra innings sudden death where the winners predict for the number 1 movie the following week - (they'd only pick 1 movie and it's gross).

There are probably other ideas out there.

--------------------
Total Points:

For points we can have points per weeks played as a tie breaker. I think I'm one of the few people with a goose egg one week so I'm not sure how much I like that idea. ;)

We could just make it the person who played the most rounds, but the people with the most points are generally the one's who played every weekend, so that won't really work.

We could go to extra innings for this one also. One round, 5 movies, with just the leaders playing.

---------

Anyway those are just ideas, any feedback would be appreciated. For the record I think there's a much better chance of a Number One movie tie than a Most Points tie.

ReaperFett
Aug 29th, 2001, 03:50:04 PM
me and Mu could fight to the death on Evil Dead/Army of Darkness questions!

:)
j/k
:)

Seriously, for the #1 movie one, Id personally pick with either who was the most accurate for the top film (Add each margin of wrongness together, lowest wins), or who got to the total first. I know that means I lose both times, but hey, dems da breaks :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2001, 04:05:47 PM
I guess we could let it go one more week to decide it maybe only have the ones that are tied cast their predictions.

Jedieb
Aug 29th, 2001, 07:42:16 PM
The number one guesses could be decided a number of ways;
1) How many times did you guess the correct #1 film?
2) What was your average margin for the number 1 film?

I like the average margin tie-breaker. It rewards consistency and it's virtually impossible for it not to produce a winner.

Darth23
Aug 30th, 2001, 12:12:51 AM
Hmm... Wise Jedieb is. Yes.....

buff jedi 2
Aug 30th, 2001, 01:56:13 PM
do as king solomon would do CUT the prize in half :lol:

buffjedi/wookieboy

Darth23
Aug 30th, 2001, 02:22:51 PM
That would prolly decrease it's appeal. :p

Darth23
Aug 31st, 2001, 12:34:48 AM
Ok, so the Number One movie tie-breaker will be the player who was the most accurate with their winning Number One Movie guesses.

-----

We still need a Most points tie-breaker. I don't really like my own ideas. :p