PDA

View Full Version : One of the saddest things....(OT)

CMJ
Aug 24th, 2001, 09:36:19 PM
This is probably just me...and I know it's way off topic but I just had an ephiny(sp?). I just came to this conclusion the past couple of days. One of the saddest things on the internet(it's almost depressing even) is when there is a messageboard that NO ONE posts at. Recently I've run across probably a good dozen of these 'dead' boards and I usually feel the need to post something. For some reason these deceased boards really get to me..... Maybe because I know how close this place came to becoming that way when the great Exodous to Coruscantcity first occured eons ago.

IndianaJones
Aug 24th, 2001, 10:43:08 PM
Here, Here

Jedieb
Aug 24th, 2001, 10:55:32 PM
I think it would be particularly sad to see that happen to a messageboard that you've once visited on a regular basis. Whenever I see an abandoned board I don't feel any sadness because I have no connection to it.

Holy Yoda, I can barl=ely type after my gruleing workout!

foxdvd
Aug 24th, 2001, 10:56:56 PM
this board is going real good right now...it will only get bigger as EP 2 gets here...just think of all the new people that we can tell all that back-history to!

Atreyu
Aug 24th, 2001, 11:42:55 PM
I agree Fox, except for the fact that ezboard's woes could potentially just destroy this place in a day if they had to close shop. :(

The offer to move in with CC.Net is reeaaallly tempting ...

buff jedi 2
Aug 24th, 2001, 11:48:53 PM
IF this place ever died , I'd go nuts!!!!! I know I'm not much in the way of SW communication here,BUT I love being around true SW fans .I have said it once I'll say it agian where I'm from there are no Sw fans to talk to.If it ain't farming ,cars,hunting it ain't talked about :(

buffjedi/wookieboy

foxdvd
Aug 25th, 2001, 01:52:58 AM
it will live!

Trust me. :)

Hart Kenobi
Aug 26th, 2001, 11:10:00 PM
what if ezboard goes down the drain?

Atreyu
Aug 29th, 2001, 08:35:08 PM
Well if worst came to worst, I think each 'individual section' will survive, as it's much easier to organise and move each community on its own. However I doubt that SWFans as a whole would survive - it's too big and has too many posters with different ideas on what they want. :/

JonathanLB
Aug 29th, 2001, 09:48:01 PM
Hmm... well if EZBoard died, I am sure we could probably find an alternative. There is another, hehe.

Nah, but there are plenty of other options, none as good as EZBoard I don't think, but they are still basically the same idea, I mean, you post to other users. It's just the difference between staying in a Four Seasons and an Embassy Suites. One, the first, is a luxury hotel with real service while the other is pleasant enough, but nothing special, but they both serve the same purpose: to house people for a few nights. Same with forum services :)

Hart Kenobi
Sep 1st, 2001, 02:53:25 PM
Would going back to CCNet be out of the quesiton?

ReaperFett
Sep 1st, 2001, 02:54:57 PM
arent some people here banned there though?

Atreyu
Sep 2nd, 2001, 07:23:23 PM
I think posters like Jon, fox etc. are banned, but I'm not 100% certain.

I also don't think the words 'going back' are appropriate, considering they left us. :p

Still, CC.Net is a viable solution, even though they've got their forums more split up than here (seperate forums for Boxoffice, Entertainment, Gaming etc.)