PDA

View Full Version : Jay and Silent Bob has dropped every day.

Darth23
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:30:43 PM
It was below 1 million yesterday.

I don't think it's going to hold up very well.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:27:14 PM
That's too bad, I thought it was hilarious, even if it wasn't the usual witty stuff Smith writes. I loved all the references to all his past movies.
What's it grossed so far?

IndianaJones
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:32:46 PM
depressing

Figrin D an
Aug 30th, 2001, 11:36:03 PM
I guess if I want to see it in the theatre, I'd better go this weekend...

I think it has suffered somewhat simply because of the time of the year. The bulk audience of the Kevin Smith's films is older teens and people in their early to mid 20's... with both the college and high school academic years started all ready, most people in that age group are preoccupied with other things. If it had opened in May, June or even in July, it may have done much better at the box office...

Oh well... I still want to see it.

JonathanLB
Aug 31st, 2001, 06:48:06 AM
Not all colleges and high schools have started now. Maybe half of them have or so, 60% maybe. But when it first opened, it was much more like 40% (I read that anyway).

I'm seeing it this Saturday when I return to Portland. I'm actually coming back to Portland on Friday after my last class tomorrow. I like it down here in LA for college and it's pretty awesome, but I wanted to spend the long weekend at home with my family and my best friends and stuff, and in my own bed. Heck yeah. And my own pool table, so I can practice a lot (I was playing a game with a $50 entry bet at a party Thursday, but unfortunately we didn't get to finish the game because the last bus was leaving. UGG).

Hart Kenobi
Sep 1st, 2001, 02:47:55 PM
Well, if it flops faster, than doesn't that mean it'll most likely be out on video sooner?

ReaperFett
Sep 1st, 2001, 02:53:48 PM
which means I can get it on DVD before it's released over here

Hart Kenobi
Sep 5th, 2001, 09:52:35 PM
Don't you think it should be on the internet by now?

Darth23
Sep 5th, 2001, 10:35:00 PM
Everything is on the internet. :p

I not have a bootleg Final Fantasy VCD to hold me over until the dvd comes out.