PDA

View Full Version : What AOTC B.O. contests are we going to have?

Jedieb
Sep 8th, 2001, 10:57:01 PM
So just what are we going to have for AOTC?
Opening week
Total Gross
Weeks at number 1?
Weeks in the top 5?
Weeks in the top 10?
Number of days to $100M? 200M? 300M? 400M? 500M? 600M?
Opening day?
Highest grossing day?

What else can we do? Can anyone think of anything we could cook up in regards to the trailer?

JonathanLB
Sep 8th, 2001, 11:47:25 PM
Those all sound good I think.

I think we could also do bets on whether it will have the highest Monday gross, Tuesday gross, etc, or put more accurately, highest non-holiday Monday, etc.

TPM still has the record for most weekdays, even if lost the weekend ones.

TPM still has highest non-holiday Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and when it opened it took all seven days of the week. Hopefully AOTC will do the same...

CMJ
Sep 9th, 2001, 12:04:55 AM
Contests will abound. :)

Jedieb
Sep 9th, 2001, 11:46:20 AM
I like the idea of contests, but let's stay away from bets. I'd encourage any side bets to be task oriented instead of money oriented. I once bet my college roommate, a pathetic Bills fan, that the loser of our Superbowl bet would have to do dishes for two weeks after the Superbowl. When the Cowboys trounced the Bills I made those two weeks "count." First I decorated the kitchen with newspaper clippings of the game. Then I invited all of our fraternity brothers to bring over their dirty dishes to our apartment. Some called me evil, others a genius. I was quite proud of both descriptions. Here's an idea, if you win a bet against someone then you may have to proclaim their superiority in your sig for a designated period of time. If buff beats you then you'll have to add;
"I'm buffjedi's girlyman Box Office punching bag!!!" Can anyone think of anything more humiliating to have attached to your sig? ;)

JonathanLB
Sep 9th, 2001, 05:02:34 PM
hahaha, that is great Jedieb.

No, I didn't mean "bets" like that! I was just saying as part of the contest we should have things like that. Whether or not it does this or that, for instance, and if you guess right that's 5 points, if not, nothing. Etc...