PDA

View Full Version : My country has been attacked

Jedieb
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:43:42 AM
My country has been brutally attacked by terroists. My students are at PE and I'm literally in tears as I type this. I don't know if I'll be able to compose myself before they return. My country has been brutally and cowardly attacked.
God Bless The United States of America.

Jedieb
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:25:17 AM
Doc, check in with us when you get a chance.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:32:50 AM
Geez, I'm watching ABC's coverage at work and this is by FAR the most horrific thing I have EVER seen. But rest assured that whoever did this is going to get their a$$ses handed to them. Let's hope this doesn't get any worse. I'm north of the border and I'm in shock here at work. God bless the victims and their families.

buffjedi
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:26:22 PM
Hang in there EB(S) :)

When I woke up this morning all I had on my mind,was to redo one of my bathrooms.Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined something like this.I would like to know HOW someone(plural) could be so COWARDLY/EVIL. I have never been much of a Patriot of America BUT after this I feel like I may take the USA for granted.(This is not a good christian thought) But the only comfort I have is some of those involved are already with there master SATAN,and the rest will join him sooner or later.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:32:37 PM
Well 2 aircraft carriers have been dispatched to wherever. Someone is about to enter a world of hurt.

buffjedi
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:45:35 PM
Is EB(s) on board one
of them

I have a feeling if he could,He would REinlist.

Buffjedi/wookieboy

CMJ
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:47:39 PM
Maybe not quite that bad...but Jesus. I was on another message board when someone posted a message about a plane hitting one of the towers so I hopped offline and have been glued to my TV ever since.

I saw both towers fall....live. For Christ's sake the PENTAGON was attacked!! It is truly a horrific day. September 11, 2001...the USA has been attacked.

JonathanLB
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:28:47 PM
I cannot believe they hit the Pentagon. My mom called me and woke me up at about 7:20 PDT and told me about some of it, then I turned on the news for the next three hours.

I was worried about attacks on LA because this seems to be another potential target. Not as important as NY and DC, but nevertheless a highly populated area.

LAX is closed and evacuated and all three other LA airports are closed. Two ports are closed. LAPD is on full tactical alert. The street nearest to me, Sepulveda, has also been affected, apparently closed. I heard helicopters flying over my area too. Most LA buildings downtown have been evacuated and LA City Hall has also been shut down.

That aside from all of the other horrible things that have happened...

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:33:01 PM
they're evacuating in Europe too, and theres been a suicide bomb in Afghanistan. The planning scares me

JonathanLB
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:34:00 PM
Airports have been shut down in Mexico, Canada, the United States, and the UK from what I hear.

CMJ
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:03:00 PM
Hell I live in a fairly small city...and the police HERE were on alert. We do have a FEMA office here(one of thie big ones) so maybe theats why. Nonetheless, we only have about 70 thousand residents here, so all the cops kinda surprised me.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:05:27 PM
yeah, UK closed them too

CMJ
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:17:32 PM
BTW our intelligence people should get fired on the spot. It's horrible what happened to the Towers...but I can(almost)forgive that. BUT HOW THE HELL DOES THE PENTAGON GET ATTACKED??? That should be more well protected than just about anywhere on earth. It's the big headquarters for EVERYTHING to do with our military.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:19:24 PM
I dont get it. THe whitehouse has men with hi-tech things to shoot down planes. Why didnt the Pentagon?

Jedieb
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:26:20 PM
Every image I see has a pesonal connection. I grew up across the river from NYC in West New York, New Jersey. The Manhattan skyline was an everyday part of my life. Although you couldn't see the twin towers from where I lived in Jersey the Empire State building was a prominent site. In the distance I could even see the Statue of Liberty with the repair scafolding covering it. I still have many cousins, aunts, and uncles that live in New Jersey. The smoke filled skyline that they must have looked at today must have been gut wrenching. Then there's the Pentagon. I actually worked in the Pentagon for over a month. When my JAG detachment returned from Desert Storm we worked in the Pentagon compliling a report of Iraqi War Crimes from interviews and data we'd gathered in Kuwait City and Saudi Arabia. My country and places I've grown up around and worked in have been devastated. This is VERY similiar to Pearl Harbor. While the enemy is not as clearly defined, the attack is even MORE devastating. Pearl Harbor's death toll was under 3,000. PH was a Hawian harbor most Americans had never even heard of. Today, symbols of the United States have been brutally and cowardly attacked. Tens of thousands of lives have been taken. We may never even have an enemy to seek justice from. I swear I feel numb. I'm anxious to call home and check with my parents to see if they've gotten any news from my Jersey relatives. I'm also a bit worried about Doc because I know he's spent some time in NYC and I believe is a nearby resident.

Take a moment and pay respects to those who have been killed and wounded today. I'm going to have to say something to my students before they go home. I only hope I can put some kind of perspective on this and prepare them for the images they're going to be bombarded with when they get home.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:48:40 PM
Don't forget to tell them not to take the greatness and beauty of our free world for granted, and also to not let this atrocity warp their vision of any other possible cultures that did this. It's so unfortunate that a relatively small group of people can create such a large amount of death, destruction and create so much hate.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:48:41 PM
I have been glued to the TV just like much of you since 11 something EST when I first heard it happened. I was in shock when I first heard it too, even though it had happend here before twice but nothing this bad with a death total that will be in the thousands. I think it is shocking that something like this could happen in the day of such high tech security. How could somebody overtake 4 commerical jets is my first question. There was either some major security break downs or these terroists overtook the planes using devices much more simple than guns (maybe knives) which the security people might have overlooked. Second how could our military not notice these planes and stop them from crashing especially in the case of the Pentegon since the first two planes had already hit the Trade Center should they had shot the plane down or something to prevent it from happening.

The next few days will be rough first they will have to see if their are any survivors in the tragedy in NY. Second they will have to investigate to find out who is responsible. My personal belief is that is Osama bin Laden. He has a huge organzation and has been threatening us for weeks. Also a few news sites have been reporting that "an Arab journalist with access to bin Laden said the Saudi dissident warned three weeks ago that he and his followers would carry out an unprecedented attack on U.S. interests for its support of Israel." If this is true how do we get this madman. We tried to get him back in 1998 after the African embasies bombings but we had no luck in finding him. I'd say we pressure the Taliban Govt into handing him over, we can bomb Afghanistan and then use political pressure to get them to turn him in. The other option I think would not work is an invasion (Afghanistan is a difficult country to invade as has repeled numerous invasions going back to ancient times). Really this point is secondary today as today should be more a day for mourning and we the search will begin tomorrow to find those behind the attack. On a side note Doc, please post to let us know you are okay. I know you live in NY and I am certain that we are all worried about your safety.

buffjedi
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:27:04 PM
pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstit...4217.topic (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm21.showMessage?topicID=4217.topic)

in case you know him :(

buffjedi2/wookieboy

Atreyu
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:58:40 PM
Septmember 11th - International Day of Peace.

What a @#%$ irony. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Doc Milo
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:50:34 PM
I'm okay, guys. Been glued to the TV since my brother woke me up this morning and told me that two planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. I turned the TV on in time to hear about the Pentagon, and then, as I watched, I saw, live, the first, then the second Tower crumble to the earth.

My first concern, of course, was for all the people that were in danger, injured, dying, or already gone. I'll never stop praying for all of them.

But the other things that struck me was seeing the song by Billy Joel "Miami 2017" accurately illustrated. "I saw the lights go out on Broadway/I saw the mighty skyline fall..."

And then this went through my head:

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees latitude,
Fire approaches the great new city
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
When they want to have verification from the Normans
--Nostradamus, Century 6, Quatrain 97

Not a big believer in Nostradamus -- but....

(BTW -- NYC is between 40 and 45 degrees latitude.)

My brother-in-law was on his way to work in midtown when everything happened. Luckily he made it to work and was not trapped on train all day. He finally got home this evening. I think he had to walk from Broadway, over the 59th street bridge, into Long Island City in order to catch a train back to Long Island.

buffjedi
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:00:01 PM
look at the date 9-11

You know what really chaps my ARS!!! There had to be Americans involved with the planing of this cowardly attack.

Another thing I would like to point out ,I'm not much on writing as you know so bare with me..... It really bothers me when groups such as BIN LADEN(or what ever his name) use religion to justify these kinds of attacks,IT'S NOT!!!!! people as evil and twisted as this man know that peoplewho are lost will follow in the name of religion.Look at David karesh all he did was in the name of religion,but it was all for his ambtition period.
these people are sick >The reason I'm writing this is ,there are alot of people who are not BIG on religion and I dont want something like this to push them further away from the Lord.

buffjedi2/wookieboy

CMJ
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:07:32 PM
Nostradamus is fascinating in that just about ANYTHING can be attributed to his predictions. :) Nonetheless, thats pretty cool(still trying to figure out the Norman connection though).

So you're brother in law is in that remarkable picture of tens of thousands walking over the bridges in NYC. Damn that was staright out of the Exodus.

CMJ
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:19:15 PM
The Middle Easterners are well versed in our culture. I'm sure 9-11 is their own sich joke. Kind of a final F-U to us. I know it's terrible...but true.

buffjedi
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:29:16 PM
really? I was really refering to the date 911 as emergancy (and boy have we had one) never thought it was something like that :(

buffjedi2/wookieboy

CMJ
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:53:54 PM
Yeah I know...911 as an emergency. Thats what I meant too. But I'm sure they KNEW thats what it was. This attack was obviously planned for some time.

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 07:50:43 AM
considering the amount of times Nostrodamus was re-translated, and the amount of code words he used, he could have been talking about anything. He's had over 1000 years for these things to happen, course he'll get some right

Captain Tohmahawk
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:09:37 AM
Nostradams is crap.

Jedieb
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:30:43 AM
I believe that today one of Bin Loudin's associates was scheduled to be sentenced in a NYC courtroom not far from the WTC. There's a coincidence for you. Apparently, a fifth group of hijackers have been aprehended in the Logan airport. Hopefully, their questioning will provide us with answers.

jjwr
Sep 12th, 2001, 10:11:44 AM
As a reach one could also guess that these guys know a bit about Nostradomus and brought this one to bear just to spread a little more panic, not overly likely but possible.

I think a above thread points to a message in the Replica Props forum about a member there dying in the attack, turns out he's actually ok, his pulse did stop for a bit but started up again and he's recovering now.

Darth McBain
Sep 12th, 2001, 10:45:41 AM
I too am shocked beyond belief at this atrocity. I grew up on Long Island, so NYC holds a special place for me, and it will never be the same... My sister lives in Manhattan and saw all of this. Her boyfriend was downtown at the time and saw the towers fall with his own eyes. I think I would be traumatized for life if I saw that. At least all of my family in the area is safe, but they had friends that were in there. Right now we think they all got out, but your prayers and thoughts would be most welcome - as mine go out to all people that are touched by this.

And though all this tragedy - I'm proud to be an American... God Bless America!!!