PDA

View Full Version : Forums are now getting updated

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 08:51:28 PM
SW Films has just gained 5000 posts. :)

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 08:55:54 PM
WOOHOO! That means Tera-Byte filled my request.

Quick Q: Do you think that we should temprarily close the board to the public while the transfer goes on?

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:11:01 PM
Would it matter? If you think it would make the job easier or whatever, then by all means go ahead. You can just update the little mesage in the options to explain that the thread transfer from the old board is in progress and ask everyone to come back later. :)

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:15:27 PM
Bang - up goes the Comm forum. :)

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:15:28 PM
Well, I got the following e-mail:
Ok I have been trying with no luck. I can import your ezboard into my test board with no problem whatsoever but it is locking up on your server. I will try it again tonight, perhaps it will work better than. What kind of server do you have, Win32 or Unix?

If all else fails I can dump your vBulletin forum, restore it to my test forum, run the import, dump the new forum with all of the imported posts and then restore it on your site. To do that I would need telnet/ssh access to your site. That is if nothing else works but sometimes it is required.

FreddieSo I do think it might be easier for him. Then again, with the difficulty he's having, they might be closed for a while.

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:16:56 PM
Woah - we posted at the same time! :)

If you think it would be best, then go ahead and shut it down. I'm sure most would understand. :)

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:19:08 PM
:| Well.... he has gotten two forums transferred so far, so that must mean he's managed to work around the problem, to some degree. But if he has to dump the board, then we don't really have a choice in it.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 21st, 2001, 10:38:40 PM
Roots for Freddie