PDA

View Full Version : Punisher live action TV series

mez7
May 22nd, 2000, 04:46:33 PM
thats right theres people trying to get this project off the ground,
and the good news is the producer trying to get the rights to do the project wants to keep the character exactly like the comic, have him fight the mob,skull, etc.. and keep him in the marvel universe so there could be guest star hero's.
i hope this project gets going as it could be a great stepping stone for marvel characters to guage fan reaction for films of the guest staring heros,
perhaps to guage fan reaction to a DareDevil movie.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 22nd, 2000, 05:38:35 PM
i just hope that they keep the tv version of the punisher as hardcore as the comic version.

mez7
May 22nd, 2000, 05:53:00 PM
from what ive heard they want to get in on HBO or some other cable network so they can keep it true to the comic, as per violence,
i think this series would work on HBO or Showcase, but not on NBC,CBS or any of the other normal networks since the violence would be almost non existant

bronto
May 22nd, 2000, 09:35:02 PM
I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. If the t.v series doesn't happen, they should at least do a movie that's true to the comic.

The Punisher is my all time favorite comic character, but what are the chances of any of this happening? Marvel doesn't even have a monthly Punisher comic any more. Punisher's popularity isn't what it use to be. It doesn't help when Marvel's writers come up with some horrible story lines. Remember that 4 issue mini-series a couple of years ago where the Punisher gained powers and went off to battle demons? That story seemed like one of Dr. Strange's throw aways.

Garth Ennis is doing pretty good with the current mini-series, but Chuck Dixon was the ultimate Punisher writer. Get him involved with the t.v. series and that will be one awesome show!

mez7
May 22nd, 2000, 09:59:56 PM
i think if they get good writers, and stay somewhat true to the comic, then this will be a good series

have microchip - NOT a bum

have frank be a army man - NOT a cop

have frank fight the mob (mostly kingpin)- NOT help them out, he has too much hate towards the mob so he would never help them, even to save a kid. he may try himself but he wouldnt team up with them.

and have the skullshirt, this is his trademark, if he doesnt have it hes just a guy shotting some other guys,

its not too hard to make a tv series out of this comic, and with a big fan trying to get the series made i think it has a good chance to go a few seasons, especially if they get the rights to add a few extra heros in now and then,
have him fight DD, or spidey, or team up with them to fight kingpin, the possibilites are endless. and since hes an everydayman the budget can be fairly low except maybe a few big time CGI effects when guest heros showup,

Jedieb
May 22nd, 2000, 10:31:56 PM
If this does get done I'd pray for HBO or Showtime to step up to the plate. I doubt any of the networks will take it and the only other option left would be syndication. Which would mean the makers of Zena, Hercules, and these other cheesy action shows would drag Punisher down into the TV gutter.

mez7
May 22nd, 2000, 10:46:37 PM
id like to see it on HBO, maybe have the punisher pay a visit to the sopranos:) J/K

HBO would be the perfect night for it, maybe right before the animated Spawn, or before or after the sopranos would be a great time slot