PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A BITTERSWEET DAY IT WILL BE........

87FOXGT
May 21st, 2000, 03:21:50 PM
when i leave the theatre after episode III had ended. it will be cool to see how everything took place but at the same time it will be deoressing to know that there will be no more SW films to look forward to in the box office. i hope someone in the future can come up with a sci fi flick that will capture my interest like SW has. i doubt it though. - Mike (becoming a bigger fan everyday)

mez7
May 21st, 2000, 04:15:11 PM
but what about battlefield earth,
before it came out people said it was better than starwars, or the new starwars

oh yeah those were the producers of BE saying that :lol: :lol:

i doubt that any film will reach the intrest levels of SW id love to see one that does, but it would take so much that its just not possible in todays hollywood.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 21st, 2000, 07:01:11 PM
numerous people have copied star wars to a certain extent, and have failed miserably. in today's hollywood, it's all about hype, and marketing and repetition. when star wars first came out, it was a movie maker trying to do something that had never been done before. now it's all been done, and the number 1 priority is to make enough money off the first movie to continue with a sequel(s). an example would be the mummy (i apologize to any fans of the mummy) but i found it to be quite a forgettable movie that carried alot of hype, and did well at the box office because of it. now there will be 2 more mummy movies. it's all about marketing people, all about marketing...

Allie Fox
May 23rd, 2000, 10:26:59 AM
I totally agree with you 87FOXGT!

I have long thought about what will become of the saga after it is over. I'm sure there will be the continuous flow of expanded universe dribble that has been flowing from many authors' "Word" programs. However, I'd ate to see Star Wars reduced to a series of books in the way Star Trek: The Original Series was.

Shortly after the video release of Return of the Jedi, the Star Wars saga all but vanished from our culture. Gone were the figures, cards, party favors, Underoos, etc. and it was not until the release of the Zahn books that the saga was revived (and they were, more or less, just a lead in to the Special Editions).
The point I'm trying to get across is this; with no new films and possibly no more special editions, what will happen after Episode III is released on DVD? Will that end the Star Wars phenomenon that will have lasted narly 30 years? What happens to the first generation to experience Star Wars ONLY on the television screen?

It is enough to make your head spin...

Jedi Master Kyle
May 23rd, 2000, 04:14:35 PM
i think that every time an anniversary for star wars comes out, at least 1 film, or all of them will come out. You can also expect huge things for A New Hope's 50th anniversary, although it's a looooooong time off.

87FOXGT
May 23rd, 2000, 10:27:06 PM
WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA MOMMY I DONT WANT STAR WARS TO END WAAAAAAAAAA GOO GOO GAA GAA

mez7
May 23rd, 2000, 10:44:31 PM
i think it will be around for quite a while,
like kyle said they will be rereleased during the aniversary,
i think george will release them for every SW aniversary so there a long ways from dying off