PDA

View Full Version : That famous scream

grand moff sauron
May 23rd, 2000, 04:47:16 PM
Okay you know in TPM that one scream that the Royal Palace guard makes when they attack the Naboo fighter hangar twords the end; when the dying guy makes the scream you see Amidala's bodyguard walk out from behind him shooting (just watch that part in TPM you'll hear it). Well when I was watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade the part where the Brotherhood of the Holy Grail attack the Germans and I heard the exact same scream. I heard it a few days later on another Spielberg film, I'm not sure which one, but I know I've heard teh scream somewhere else in the Star Wars movies. If you hear it tell us the movie and the part of the movie you saw it in and let's see if we can name every place it occurs.
Don't confuse this scream with the one Luke and the Emperor make when they fall down those shafts. (Luke at Bespin, Emperor in Death Star)

bronto
May 23rd, 2000, 06:20:52 PM
I know exactly what your talking about, however I can't remember where in the original trilogy that scream is used.

Darth McBain
May 23rd, 2000, 06:25:56 PM
That scream has been in all of the Star Wars movies, although I can't quite put my finger on where they are exactly. I vaguely remember hearing GL say that he purposely put that scream into all 3 movies. I've heard it in Last Crusade as well - whether GL borrowed from SS or vice-versa, I don't know...

Jedi Master Kyle
May 23rd, 2000, 07:55:39 PM
a new hope when luke and leia are trying to cross the bridge, with stormtroopers attacking from the other side. and if i'm not mistaken it's used during the battle at the sarlaac pit. i could be wrong on that one though...

Bromine
May 25th, 2000, 12:27:38 AM
In ROTJ when Han and crew are inside the shield generator. An Imperial officer jumps out, and Han throws a bomb case at him, knocking him over a railing. (Am I right?)

Go Mer Tonic
May 28th, 2000, 01:58:42 AM
http://dave.itsgames.com/gt.jpg That scream is in all of the SW and Indiana Jones films.

It is called a "Wilhelm". I beleive that was the name of the first character that Ben Burtt used that sound for. It was a western or something.

But you can usually hear it when a bad guy falls into an abyss, or off a ledge.