PDA

View Full Version : The Neimoidian Occupation on Naboo....??

SebulbaStar
May 27th, 2000, 02:16:42 PM
What exactly were the Neimoidians gonna do on Naboo, calling for Amidala to sign a treaty to conduct their Occupation there..Why was it so important for them to do on Naboo? And why was Darth Sidious so desperate for her to sign the Treaty, What the hell is on NABOO for Darth Sidious to do that is so important to him, and his Neimoidian allies....

Answer: Hidden Cloning Facility perhaps? What do you think fans?

-Tim

mez7
May 27th, 2000, 02:22:00 PM
the whole thing was just a set up to throw the senate into turmoil, so palpatine can take over,
palpatine knew that the senate would take for ever on that type of deal and knew he would look like the sympathetic council member whos world was in turmoil which the senate wasnt helping correct therefore making him get the sympathy votes,

the nemodians were just pawns in the whole thing and were probably just threatened by sidious into doing the whole thing or paid off.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 27th, 2000, 09:20:11 PM
the fact that the sympathy vote would get him into power is the reason he wanted the siege to take place.

Jedieb
May 27th, 2000, 09:27:03 PM
I wonder how Palpy's plans would have been effected if the Queen had signed the treaty? I mean that's what he originally wanted. Everytime Amidala showed some guts and initiative he was surprised. So he probably planned for her to sign the treaty. What then? Does she then travel to the Senate on Coruscant and claim the treaty is was signed under duress? I just wonder what his original plan was, because he obviously intended for the Queen to sign the treaty. Did he have someone else in mind to call for a vote of no confidence in Valorum?

mez7
May 27th, 2000, 09:59:29 PM
we'll i think that even if she did sign it that he could have drummed up enough evidence about foul play there without here coming to the senate.
the jedi not coming back, or reporting in would say alot, i think, so he'd probably have support from other members for a vote of no confidence,
maybe the senator from alderan would have given the vote, cause didnt the queen say he was one of thier biggest supporters??

if he did, that would have been quite the plot point too, he does the one thing that helps palpatine get into power then down the road they blow up his planet. i think it might have been even better if they did it that way.

Doc Milo
May 28th, 2000, 03:21:57 AM
I think you're on the right track with the claiming that the treaty was signed under duress line of thought, Jedieb.

But I don't think Amidala would go to Coruscant to make the claim. More than likely, Palpatine was trying to set up a situation where he could make the claim, demand action, and when none is taken by Valorum (because he is weak from charges of corruption, and under the control of the bureaucrats) he can then have a legitimate reason to, himself, call for the vote of no confidence without it seeming like he was making a power play.

And having his planet siezed by the Federation, treaty or not, would still garner him the sympathy vote when the time came to selecting a new Chancellor -- or he may have even had an assasination planned (The Queen tried to escaped and was killed type thing, making Amidala a martyr, thus gaining sympathy once again.)

He definitely had a plan that included having the treaty signed, and this is the only one I can think of that makes any sense knowing what he wanted from the entire ordeal.