PDA

View Full Version : Who will kill Mace Windu?

Jedieb
May 27th, 2000, 07:20:42 PM
Who do you think will be responsible for Mace's death? One of the most exciting and forboding aspects of EP2 & 3 is the realization that all of these Jedi will soon be dying. So who will be the one to eliminate Mace, one of my favorite TPM characters?
Boba Fett?
Aura Sing?
A Mandalorian Warrior?
A Maul Clone?
Anakin?
Anakin as Vader?

My pick would be Anakin as Vader (but it will probably be just plain ol' Anakin). All the rumors indicate that we'll only get to see Vader for a few minutes at the end of EP3, but I'd like to see him show up at least halfway through it and start kicking some serious Jedi butt!

Jedi Master Kyle
May 27th, 2000, 09:25:01 PM
i hope that vader smokes mace, because i want to see why everyone fears darth vader so much. yeah yeah he's mean, he chokes people in mid air, chokes his own men, and cuts his children's limbs off, but i want to see some REAL atrocities committed by vader. killing a bunch of jedi would be just right i think.

what a scenario where the jedi discover who sidious really is, and then he palpy does the dees himself? could be interesting...

mez7
May 27th, 2000, 09:48:47 PM
lucas hasnt been to secritive to the fact that he has vader slated to apear for 5-7 minuites of film, so i highly doubt it will be him who kills mace.

and he says no maul, thats why he cut him in half so people would know he wont be coming back so i doubt it would be him either.

id say sidious kills him,

RHJediKnight
May 27th, 2000, 10:10:22 PM
Without a doubt it's going to be Anakin. Remember in the scene where the Council tells them Anakin won't be trained, did you see the look Anakin gave Mace? Boy he looked pissed, betcha he's gonna want to get his revenge. Bwahahaha...

Bromine
May 28th, 2000, 03:18:44 AM
Notice how the Jedi Council always seems to hang out together? They ALL travelled to Naboo. I think They'll all be travelling somewhere and their ship will be sabotaged. That would be perfect; kill the top 12 Jedi without any direct confrontation!:)
I think most Jedi will be killed in a manner like this. I doubt Vader is going to personally hunt down and duel a large percentage of the 10,000 Jedi throught the galaxy.
Although, it's very hard to say who will be responsible for Mace's death because it depends on what kind of a role he has. I think if he's Palpy's next apprentice, Obi-Wan might kill him.

Darth Hez
May 28th, 2000, 12:29:59 PM
-lucas hasnt been to secritive to the fact that he has vader slated to apear for 5-7 minuites of film, so i highly doubt it will be him who kills mace.

Wait a second, all he said was that Vader in his armour will get about 5 minutes of screen time, not total vader time. I would be VERY surprised if Anakin is not secretly Vader for most of ep3. Still, I'm going to go with whoever the Sith apprentice is in ep2 to kill Mace.

mez7
May 28th, 2000, 01:29:03 PM
-all he said was that Vader in his armour will get about 5 minutes of screen time

Vader not in his armor would be anikin, wouldnt it??

Doc Milo
May 28th, 2000, 08:40:50 PM
mez7: Vader not in his armor would be anikin, wouldnt it??
-----------------

Not necessarily. He can go by Vader as a Sith to keep his identity secret from the Jedi, especially if he is playing a "double agent" role -- which would fit in nicely with the betrayal themes of Star Wars.

Anakin = Jedi, good guy, on the light side of the Force.

Vader = Sith, bad guy, on the dark side.

Vader doesn't need the suit to appear. Anakin turning to the dark side creates Darth Vader, with or without the suit.

Same person, different identities.

Jedieb
May 28th, 2000, 09:14:53 PM
I think Vader won't be born until Anakin is forced to put on the armor. I'm guessing that Anakin will turn to the Dark Side halfway through 3 and then face off against Obi-Wan. I do agree with you, he could take the name Darth Vader as soon as he embraces the Dark Side and becomes Palpatine's apprentice. But I think it would be more dramatic if he assumes the name of Vader only after he's forced to don the armor.

RHJediKnight
May 28th, 2000, 09:32:24 PM
Why would Anakin wait until he becames roboman to go by Darth Vader? It's not like Khameir Sarin became Darth Maul only when he completed his training, I'm pretty sure that as soon as you become a Sith, you change your name to Darth Something.

mez7
May 28th, 2000, 10:08:57 PM
my thinkiing of the matter is that having to get into the armor to save his life is the last straw that turns him fully to the dark side,

but since the movie isnt made yet non of us can really argue fact and are just going by what we think. so noonw can be wrong or right at this point

Jedi Master Kyle
May 28th, 2000, 11:34:44 PM
i think anakin will become vader only when he dons the armor. here's my logic; darth=dark. in the highly metaphorical star wars universe, when anakin puts on the dark suit, he will become dark father. just my opinion though.

Jedi Master Carr
May 29th, 2000, 01:00:03 AM
I think Sidious/Palpatine will kill Mace in Episode 3 at that point he, yoda and Obi-Wan will discover the truth about him and I think it is at that point that Obi-Wan will fight Anakin while Mace will try to destroy Palpatine, but of course he will fail. Also, he has to kill somebody.