PDA

View Full Version : Hales onboard and I'm happy

grand moff sauron
May 28th, 2000, 10:08:41 PM
Lucas has certainly learned from his previous sscreen and dialouge mistakes, and don't deny that there isn't any dialouge problems in TPM, but with Hales onboard to help out dialouge I am very happy and expect even Jar Jar to maybe have some good lines (don't count on it though). What would have made me feel even better though is if Lawrence Kasdan was co-writing the screenplay, oh well we can possibly look forward to that in EP 3

Jedi Master Kyle
May 29th, 2000, 12:30:51 AM
while any help is welcome on the script, just how good is this hales guy? what has he done to make us think he will save the star wars franchise from being poorly written? i just think we should exercise some caution in our optimism, that's all...

Jedieb
May 29th, 2000, 11:08:23 AM
Hales worked on a lot of the Young Indiana Jones scripts. But I doubt he's near as good as Kasdan. I don't think we'll ever see Kasdan back writing for SW because he's an accomplished writer and director in his own right. The only reason he came back for Jedi was as a favor to Lucas for helping him early in his career. It's possible that he would look over some material as a favor to George but I doubt it.

mez7
May 29th, 2000, 01:35:09 PM
hales helped lucas i writing some episodes of the YIJA, and wrote some of the better ones all himself,
he is an acomlished screen writer, and i think he'll do a good job