PDA

View Full Version : too many force wielders running around

Darth Ronin
May 29th, 2000, 11:09:01 PM
Supposedly, Aurra Sing is to be developed in the next Episode. I know that she's already been bestowed Force abilities in the comics and I think that's a mistake. The comics have often given Force abilities (from the examples I've read on the web) to any featured character that they want to build a book around -- from Storm Troopers to Imperial Guardsmen to bounty hunters to whatever (give me a little lattitude if my memory is a bit off -- it might be). One of the interesting things about the original trilogy is that we have a great variety of bad guys that DON'T necessarily have Force abilities -- Boba Fett, Jabba, the guardsmen, etc. Giving Aurra Sing Force abilities was a mistake (one that I hope will be reversed in Episode II) because if you look at her (and her movie promo pics) she is decked out in sniper gear with rifle, sidearms and back-up pistol. It would be so much better to develop her as a master assassin than yet another Force wielder. If you give everyone Force abilities it becomes a garnish that you use to window dress someone -- which (I think) is the result of limited creativity on the part of comic writers.

mez7
May 29th, 2000, 11:13:14 PM
i agree the comics and books give people the force just to make them seem cooler and its not needed,
make aurra a master bounty hunter she doesnt need the force, if she didnt have it it would make her even stronger character, from the stand piont that she doesnt need the force to hunt people she just needs her guns and wits.

maybe she trained boba fett to be the same???

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 01:02:08 AM
It always amazes me how out of the trillions of people in the galaxy, all the cool stuff happens to such a small percentage of them (Those with Force ability)!:)
The few characters I don't mind are ones like Mara Jade, because the idea that she was "The Emporer's Hand" and had Force powers was plausible and integral to the story and character, not to mention cool. Sadly, many of the characters would be fine without the Force but they have it anyway. It's almost like they were writing up a description and put, "Brown hair, no living relatives, expert marksman, and what the heck! He has some Force ability too!"

Darth Ronin
May 30th, 2000, 02:00:34 PM
EXACTLY...