PDA

View Full Version : is this a joke???

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 07:09:17 PM
check this blatant piece of trash out!
ebay lie of the year! (http://216.184.220.113/cgi/auctions/auctions.idc?countdown=STAR_WARS)

just scroll down the left side to see for yourself when you're there!

correct me if i'm wrong...

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 07:22:59 PM
is this in reference to the official DVD box set?? thats the only one i saw which is real out there

ReaperFett
May 30th, 2000, 07:30:19 PM
were you talking abou the 4 DVD box set or the FULLY WORKING QUI-GON LIGHTSABER?

About the DVD's. Wouldn't it be funny if it was real, with George having a little fun... :)

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 07:47:48 PM
acording to what the auction says it is a fully working quigon lightsabre,
it has a lightup neon blade and makes sounds, so it is considered a working sabre

to us prop builders a working sabre is anyone that has a lightup blade, nothing else he doesnt state its and actual lightsabre and can cut stuff just that it has a light up blade,
its a nice sabre as well except for some of the wires showing through the handle

so i wouldnt say thats the lie of the year.

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 08:26:26 PM
Anyone who missed all the hoopla about GL NOT releasing DVD's and is dumb enough to buy something without even a picture is pretty lame, IMO.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 09:32:39 PM
i was talking about the dvd's, but now that some of you have mentioned it, the lightsaber can be part of the discussion as well.

HyperEopie
May 30th, 2000, 09:43:35 PM
The seller claims they are not bootlegs, but I am fairly certain that they are. The fact that they are all-region gives it away. Either that or the seller is just looking to rip somebody off, and doesn't even have any SW DVDs. He doesn't have any feedback, so there's no way to tell if he is an honest seller.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 09:48:29 PM
has anyone ever heard of a dvd movie that is compatible with all dvd players? the guy could have at least put up a picture. and don't you think that if there was an official release on dvd, any aussies here would have told us about it?

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 09:52:46 PM
and the fact lucas hasnt released any DVD is a good givewaway that hes lying as well :)