PDA

View Full Version : new rumor, POSSIBLE SPOILER

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 07:01:57 PM
consider yourselves warned!

read at your own risk!

<font color="333333">

I can't tell you much or tell you how I came by this, 'cause I want to keep my job, so take it for what it's worth:

Episode 2 will end with a space battle that Lucas plans to go all out on. He really wants to put the Death Star and Trade Federation space fights to shame. This battle will feature Anakin as a pilot and is what makes him the "hero" of the Clone Wars.

The film will have only one Sith Apprentice, who will be the last one before Anakin turns in Episode 3. It will also feature Aurra Sing and Boba Fett working behind the scenes - bounty hunters working for Jabba killing Jedi.

The new Sith's look is being kept under tight wraps, and plans are to keep that way right up until the film's release - not like Maul plastered over all the packaging.

Anakin and Amidala will get married at the end of 2.

The Dancing Gopher
</font>

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 07:20:15 PM
why would jabba want jedi dead???

RHJediKnight
May 30th, 2000, 08:08:26 PM
I believe in the original ROTJ novelization, Jabba said something to (I think) Luke like: "I was killing Jedi like you before you were even born," or something like that.

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 08:21:49 PM
Most of this isn't anything new. Of course there's a space battle, and I kind of guessed there was only one Apprentice, since there isn't much time for many more.

Only new thing is the bounty hunters killing Jedi for Jabba. I think that would make sense, because there are too many for Vader to kill on his own, or for one army to hunt down. I think once Palpy gets enough power, he'll offer a bounty on Jedi, and crimelords like Jabba will cash in by hiring bounty hunters and taking a percentage of the bounty.
I remember that quote from ROTJ. Seems to tie in nicely.

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 08:27:16 PM
but if sidous puts a bount out then jabba wouldnt have anything to do with killing the jedi,
hes just a crimelord who deals in smuggling,
and in the OT he hired boba to find han, its ont like he owned him or anything, cause he did go out and work for the empire as well,
so why would sidious hire jabba to get bounty hunters?
wouldnt he just put a call out to bounty hunters to find them., i know if i was a bounty hunter i wouldnt let a samll time crime lord take a % out of my hunting someone down.

thats my thinking, it would just be to complex for such a small plot point.

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 08:35:15 PM
Well, considering there are something like 10,000 Jedi throughout the galaxy, I doubt one Sith can do it all on his own. I don't think JUST Jabba will be involved; I think there will be a bounty on Jedi and every crime organisation in the galaxy would be trying to kill them, Jabba included. We just hear more about Jabba because he's on Tatooine, and Anakin returns to Tatooine in Episode 2.
However, I don't think that Jabba will be instrumental in wiping out the Jedi or have any special relationship with Palpy. He'll just be one of the many crimelords hunting them to collect bounty.

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 08:44:30 PM
you arnt seeing my point though.
the bounty hunters dont work only for jabba, (example Fett also worked for the empire to get solo, and get 2 bounties on him) so why would jabba send out the hunters after the jedi to collect the bounties??
sidious will hire bounty hunters ive got no prob with that part.
but they would work for sidious and get $$ froom him none would go to Jabba,

sidious would probably just send a message out to bounty hunters to work for him not to crime lords.
if your hiring bouny hunters do you go to the source or to a drug dealer??
i know id go strait to the source and hire the hunter direct.
would you go out and risk your life against a jedi just so some of your hard earned credits would go to some overweight slug who sat on his @ss while you almost got killed??
i know i wouldnt

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 08:48:57 PM
Yeah, I see your point now. Maybe Jabba has bounty hunters that work exclusively for him, but that seems unlikely.
Maybe Jabba will get in shape between TPM and Episode 2, become really quick and agile, and lead a gang of bounty hunters!:)

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 08:52:48 PM
i think if lucas does have him send out some hunters then it wou just be a copout to have him in the movie when its not needed and would be lame IMHO

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 09:46:10 PM
it just seems way too wishy washy for me. but maybe jabba is really peeved at the jedi for snatching his new podracing star away from the podrace arena. really hurts the podracing box office if your stars aren't there you know!

seriously, i can't see why jabba would want the jedi wiped out. unless sidious employs jabba in the same way he uses the trade federation? sidious offers jabba immunity and allows him to smuggle and committ crime at will, free of consequence, regardless if tatooine ever becomes important or not. in return, jabba must hire his own hatchet men (or women---aurra sing?) to do the dirty work? and at the same time, palpy uses the clones to wreak further havok amongst the jedi and the rest of the galaxy.

Doc Milo
May 30th, 2000, 11:23:17 PM
The only way I can see Jabba putting out a bounty on the Jedi is if Anakin returns with other Jedi to free all the slaves on Tatooine, thus disturbing the profit potential of all his dealings.

He might just want revenge for something like that, and declare all the Jedi his enemy, and hire bounty hunters to kill the Jedi for him....

Maybe?

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 11:28:39 PM
I didn't think Jabba was powerful enough to take on the Jedi like that, but I suppose it's possible if Palpy was already wiping them out as well. Hard to say, but I can see Jabba being involved in wiping out the Jedi somehow. We really don't know the extent of his organisation yet.

DarthAce
May 31st, 2000, 02:39:04 AM
This rumor came from aint-it-cool-news!:)