PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan's new lightsaber

Darth Ronin
May 30th, 2000, 12:17:45 AM
Alright this maybe be trivial to speculate on but what do you think Obi-Wan's new lightsaber blade will be? Blue? The reason I ask is because Episode IV shows Obi-Wan's saber as white in his duel with Vader (which may be due to production shortcomings, I know). If Obi-Wan's lightsaber is blue in Episode II, what will Anakin's lightsaber be? Remember, that it's blue in Episode V (Luke wields it). So Obi-Wan and Anakin would both have blue sabers?

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 12:45:59 AM
I think Obi might just continue to use Qui-Gon's, so it will be a green blade and Anakin will have a blue one. If you're saying that Anakin and Obi won't have the same blade colour, I agree. I think they'll be different colours just so any battles will be easier to follow.
I don't think Obi-Wan's sabre was white; just poor colouring. Luke's and Vader's also appeared white in some shots.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 03:44:11 PM
using qui gon's lightsaber would be a nice hommage to his character i think. of course, that would mean that he would have to lose his saber again, in order to have the one from a new hope. is he that irresponsible? :)

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 03:53:17 PM
Well, maybe after using Qui-Gon's for a while (through Episode 2 and 3), he'll decide to build his own. It does seem rather funny that he'd manage to lose another lightsabre, though.:)

I was thinking one of the reasons Obi lost his sabre was so that he would have to take Qui-Gon's and have a green blade for the next movies.

RHJediKnight
May 30th, 2000, 08:13:19 PM
Well, I think Obi-Wan will use Qui-Gon's lightsaber in Episode II as well, just to distinguish himself from Anakin's blue blade. But, remember in the Clone Wars, Jedi Masters developed a technique that allowed them to contrust a lightsaber within two days? I think that's what Obi-Wan is gonna do for his ANH saber, which is why it looks so darn different from the usual prequel-era design...

DarthAce
May 31st, 2000, 02:44:46 AM
I think it will be that Obi will have his master's saber!:)

Bromine
May 31st, 2000, 03:04:37 AM
What's this about constructing lightsabres in two days during the clone wars? I've never heard of that before. What book/comic is it from?

Probe Droid
May 31st, 2000, 07:31:32 AM
Although the homage to Qui-Gonn is very sweet, I'm betting that Obi-Wan will have a brand new saber, because then there's a brand new toy that goes out on the market that everyone has to have, which puts money in Uncle George's and his business partners' pockets, and that's the name of the game.

I think the bigger question is whether Padawan Anakin will have the Graflex hanging from his belt.