PDA

View Full Version : "Crazed" fans

Bromine
May 31st, 2000, 01:30:43 AM
As much as many fans wanted to play Anakin or just anyone in Episode 2, I'm wondering if it would really be worth it.
I read an article a while back about Ewan McGregor getting approached on the street by a group of fans who wanted to have a lightsabre duel with him. He had trouble getting away and was quite upset. There's even people just on the prop board who have said they get e-mails and phone calls from people asking over and over about real lightsabres and wanting to get one made.
Seems that if you're involved with Star Wars in any way, you risk getting harrassed by cooks who are never satisfied. Personally, I wouldn't be able to put up with it.
Thoughts?

DarthAce
May 31st, 2000, 02:28:41 AM
Yes!:)

Jedieb
May 31st, 2000, 11:33:25 AM
I'd never heard about that Ewan story. But you know who I feel sorry for? Natalie Portman. I can see some lonely lifeless wonders obsessing about her waaaay toooo much. She's probably going to have to worry about her safety for the next 10 years or so.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2000, 01:46:29 PM
it doesn't help her that she's soooo good looking too. i'd try to be as cordial with the fans as possible, but i'd get annoyed at persistent fans who dog me trying to have a lightsaber fight, and ask me how long it took me to install a hyperdrive, and how they work. but then again, it would be alot of fun to lie to them and say funny things like the hyperdrive on the queen's ship is actually a beer fridge and that one of the r2 units was actually a travelling vending machine that drove around on the set!

Doc Milo
May 31st, 2000, 02:13:46 PM
About Natalie Portman. There was a story here in NY a while back (I think last June, about the time of her graduation, I guess.) It seems that people who worked on the year book for her senior year were selling that year book to collectors, and it ended up that there weren't enough yearbooks for the entire class.....

Bromine
May 31st, 2000, 04:36:21 PM
Portman is so young, too. I mean, she's like 18 and already has obsessed fans and fanclubs. It's one thing when a teenage boy wants to meet her, but I think it gets slightly sicker when it's a grown man old enough to be her father.

Rosie O'Donnell makes a policy of only signing autographs for kids, and she's not even a really popular movie star right now. Still, adults reportedly get annoyed with her when she won't sign a picture for them.
If I was famous, I'd carry a big ol' rubber stamp with my signature, and just stamp my name for people. Of course, I'd sell the rubber stamp for $10 on my website, too.:)

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2000, 06:31:37 PM
i think i'd sign my autograph for anyone for free. and if i ever saw my autograph being sold, provided i was rich enough, i'd buy it back myself, and give it away. granted i could never do that for everyone, but i'd have others looking out for them too, remember, i'm very rich :lol:

maybe for adults who look like they may be trying to make a buck, i'd either personalise their photo or whatever they want signed, which renders the autograph useless, or sign the back of the photo, which does the same.

Doc Milo
Jun 1st, 2000, 12:02:52 AM
Just add a disclaimer :)

"This autographed photo is intended for the signee only, any reproduction, doctoring, or sale to anyone other than the signee is illegal. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED."

:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 1st, 2000, 12:05:42 AM
you'd probably have to do that these days, wouldn't you?