PDA

View Full Version : Blue Laser DVD?

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2000, 02:26:52 PM
does anyone know if these will render our infrared DVD players useless? and the standard DVD's as well, or if they will be compatible with a blue laser dvd player? all these technological advances are beginning to annoy me!

Go Mer Tonic
May 31st, 2000, 03:05:51 PM
http://dave.itsgames.com/gt.jpg Yes you would need to upgrade.

It is a good idea to research the market before buying into new technology.

I am glad I waited until I could get a DVD player for under $200.

George has always known about this eventual technology, which is why I think he was waiting to release the SW or Indiana Jones films.

He doesn't want to end up re-releasing them every time the current technology. That is what he was labasted for with all the VHS classic trilogy releases.

Once you get a Blue Laser capable player, you will also be able to play older (red laser) discs as well.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2000, 03:16:48 PM
cool, thanks. if all you have to do is buy a new player, then that isn't so bad. it's having to replace all your dvds that would suck. i don't really see the point that much. sure you'll fit a whole lot more onto one disc, but i don't know if it want all the star wars movies on one disc. i think it'll be useful in alot of other ways, but i suppose we'll have to wait and see. maybe they'll be cool in alot of other cool ways.

Go Mer Tonic
May 31st, 2000, 07:09:28 PM
I wonder if having all of the SW films on one disc would effect the national obecity ratio.

If they could just put all of the Indy films on the same disc with the SW saga, I would weld my blue laser player door shut.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2000, 09:38:01 PM
i wonder how it would affect sales? if you bought one, you bought them all. for example, if the disc containing all 6 star wars films sold 30 million copies, would they credit each movie with selling 30 million, or divide it up amongst them?

Bromine
Jun 1st, 2000, 04:05:15 PM
Good question...Maybe it wouldn't count for any of them. It would be considered a seperate sales figure.