PDA

View Full Version : Pods in ROTJ?

Bromine
Jun 1st, 2000, 07:40:52 PM
I know everyone's been going crazy pointing to blurry background images and saying it's something tying the movies together, but here's one I haven't heard of before. Lower right, it looks like a stack of pods:

www.starwars.com:80/episo...n2_bg.html (http://www.starwars.com:80/episode-vi/production/end_celebration/end_celebration2_bg.html)

Doc Milo
Jun 2nd, 2000, 02:29:21 AM
They do, but I think they're too big to be pods, no? Maybe some kind of architectural structure?

Bromine
Jun 2nd, 2000, 02:37:52 AM
Yeah, probably. Just seems kind of odd amidst all the domed buildings. Plus, Coruscant was added to ROTJ as well, so we know ILM had some Episode 1 stuff done at that time.

Darth McBain
Jun 2nd, 2000, 08:47:14 AM
I agree, they do look like pods, but they are pretty big to be them. But if they were much smaller, we may never have seen them. Perhaps they _are_ supposed to be pods and they were made a little larger so that they would be noticed?
Another thought - Is it possible that it is a portion of the Lucky Despot from the EU? If I remember correctly, that was a ship that either crashed or was abandoned in Mos Eisley and was converted into a bar. They could look like spaceship parts. Just an idea...

mez7
Jun 2nd, 2000, 01:08:46 PM
well there were some pretty big pods in that race
and maybe the race we saw was like 50cc and these pods are for the 150cc races. i say that since the race we saw was pretty much all smaller creatures, except for the three eyed guy. and maybe he was just a starting in the races :)

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 2nd, 2000, 01:31:24 PM
Hmmmmmmm, it kinda does. I think it was Rats Tyrell, not sure, but he had pods shaped somewhat like that.