PDA

View Full Version : Gabriel Byrne rumor resurfaces

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 3rd, 2000, 03:21:12 PM
i'll save you the trouble of having to go all over looking for it :)
<font color="red">
Gabriel Byrne in Episode 2?
Sat, Jun 03, 00 01:54:09 PM EDT

Owen sends in this article from today's Evening Herald, a Dublin newspaper, about Gabriel Byrne being in Ep. II.

Irish star Gabriel Byrne is being lined up by producer George Lucas to star in the latest Star Wars movie, set to begin shooting this year.

While he had planned to act in just one major film this year, he is still in the dark as to what his role will be in the follow-up to last year's smash hit "The Phantom Menace".

"The people from Star Wars called the other day to offer me something but I don't know it is yet," he confirmed today.

"It's probably already been announced on the internet but I still don't know myself," he added. George Lucas' as yet unnamed project follows up on last year's "The Phantom Menace" which starred another Irishman, Liam Neeson, as a Jedi master.

Should Byrne decide to take the role that's currently being offered, it's sure to make him popular with his two young children, as he is always picky as to which of his projects he allows them to watch.</font>

i wonder what he'll be? my first inclination is that he's a bad guy, because i thought he was brilliant as satan in End of Days. but maybe he'll be bail organa, or has his age been decided yet? i don't know...

mez7
Jun 3rd, 2000, 10:26:27 PM
i dont care what hed play id just like to see him in the movie,
IMHO hes one of the best actors around, i think hed be awsome as a new member of the jedi council, or a jedi involved in the clone wars,
or equally as good as a dark jedi,

RHJediKnight
Jun 3rd, 2000, 10:39:17 PM
If the rumor's true, I think he'll end up as a Jedi. He seems to have Jedi-ish qualities (IMO), he looks like he'd be a good seasoned Jedi, and he has experience in swordfighting in a movie (The Man in the Iron Mask, dunno about any others).

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2000, 10:58:01 PM
Maybe he could play Tarkin, he looks very similar to Cushing, though I admit he could play a Jedi, I guess we will all have to wait.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 3rd, 2000, 11:13:56 PM
Must we always wait......

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 4th, 2000, 04:41:20 PM
of course. it generates more hype.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 4th, 2000, 04:43:29 PM
so true....

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 5th, 2000, 10:30:29 PM
apparently he'll be the jedi we's all like to see. but there's supposedly no episode 3 talk...so.......