PDA

View Full Version : The truth, the whole truth and...

Roksx
Jun 1st, 2000, 08:52:50 AM
Everybody remembers Ben being killed, but who's idea was it?
Alec sais (in Empire Magazine) it was his (due to 'banal lines') but in SW behind the magic, it said that it was George's idea and that Alec even objected it at first!
Also, In SWBTM, Lucas sais that Hammil did scream "carrie" while coming out of his x-wing, while the official Sw site sais the he screamed "hey".

Which ones are true?

Bromine
Jun 1st, 2000, 03:57:42 PM
I'm postive it was Lucas' idea to kill off Ben. Why would GL change his story in such a major way just because of an actor? And if Alec thought the lines were so terrible back then, why did he agree to do the next two movies? (I'm pretty sure he wasn't under contract).

As for "Carrie!", it's always sounded like "Hey!" to me, but I really don't know.

Jedieb
Jun 1st, 2000, 09:33:29 PM
I think the Carrie scream is just wishful thinking. If anything, it was a combination of voices from rebels running towards Luke's X-Wing that made it sound that way. Anyway, I think much of the sound for that scene was dubbed in or fixed in post production so they would've caught it there.
I think I remember reading that Obi-Wan's death was suppose to take place much later in the film. The timing of the his death may have been where Alec had his input.

DarthAce
Jun 2nd, 2000, 03:20:01 AM
who gives a @#%$?:)

Bromine
Jun 2nd, 2000, 05:51:51 PM
But if Alec did want to kill the character off because of the "banal" lines, why did he agree to do the next two movies?

Darth Hez
Jun 2nd, 2000, 07:25:54 PM
Guys, I think that was just a touch of humour from Alec, it sounds very much like the typical english humour. Just a joke that none of you foreigners got... :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 2nd, 2000, 08:54:14 PM
as in he's being sarcastic?

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 2nd, 2000, 11:57:03 PM
probably

Darth Hez
Jun 3rd, 2000, 10:00:36 AM
Not sarcastic exactly, just joking. In the absence of a better description sarcastic will do. He wasn't being serious anyway.

KingCujoReturned
Jun 3rd, 2000, 10:22:18 AM
Yes it would seem that Sir Alec is a regular comic genius.

(now that is sarcasm, just a lesson for the Brits :-) )

KingCujo

Don't get mad at me, I claim to be descended from King Arthur :-)

DarthAce
Jun 6th, 2000, 02:42:25 AM
Sooooo we are family!:)