PDA

View Full Version : awesome quote! possible spoiler!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 5th, 2000, 09:52:38 AM
from the MTV awards...

As he (George)was accepting the award (for the podrace-best action sequence), Samuel Jackson was in the front row watching. Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor, LOST the "BEST FIGHT" category to Keanu Reeves vs. Laurence Fishburne, The Matrix.

SPOILER! -
Anyway, George Lucas looks over at Samuel Jackson and says something to the effect "I expect Samuel Jackson will WIN for best fight sequence next year." Now while he was off a year, (if Ep. 2 comes out in 2001, it would be MTV Movie Awards 2002.) I am looking forward to THAT FIGHT.

cool! :)

mez7
Jun 5th, 2000, 11:58:32 AM
WOOO HOOO!!!

thats great news, i cant wait to see sam get into some great saber duels, and kick some major ass

Darth Ronin
Jun 5th, 2000, 12:07:26 PM
If Episode is released in 2002 (it is, right?) then it would be eligible for the 2003 MTV awards wouldn't it? So he'd be two years off.

Could Lucas be referring to Jackson's fight scenes in Shaft? Because reportedly those fight scenes are pretty impressive. And since Shaft is released this year it would be up for next year's MTV awards.

I'm hoping he meant Episode II as well.

Bromine
Jun 5th, 2000, 03:35:01 PM
I was thinking Shaft as well, Ronin. Instead of giving out a big spoiler like that, it makes more sense to me that George was plugging Jackson's new movie. But I guess you never know.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 5th, 2000, 06:20:57 PM
hmmmmm, well, either way, sounds cool, hopefully it was for SW though.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 6th, 2000, 12:44:13 AM
oh rest assured it was for star wars. hmm. rest. i think i need some...

Darth Hez
Jun 6th, 2000, 11:05:04 AM
Did he say next year, or next time? I didn't see it, just thought I'd check.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 6th, 2000, 09:38:50 PM
we think it was an error in speaking.