PDA

View Full Version : did 3p0 know luke's last name?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 5th, 2000, 09:49:34 AM
i ask because i can't remember 3p0 using or ever referring to luke as "skywalker". maybe he knew his name, but i think because it gives george a certain leeway in writing what happens to the droids. whether they do indeed get their memories wiped, or whether they look at things "from a certain point of view".

bronto
Jun 5th, 2000, 01:14:18 PM
In "Return of the Jedi" C-3PO is there when R2 plays Luke's message for Jabba.

"I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend to Captain Solo".

C-3PO is listening. Remember how shocked he was when Luke offers the two driods as a gift to Jabba.

C-3PO is also around when people refer to Luke as Commander Skywalker in "Empire".

I'm going with the memory wipe thing, inorder to protect the identity of the twins.

Bromine
Jun 5th, 2000, 03:31:24 PM
Also, remember that he's just a droid. Even if he knew Luke was Anakin's son, I dout he'd think to say anything. Remember when Luke was asking him about the Rebellion and who Leia was? He couldn't recall anything useful. 3PO isn't good at giving out important information.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 5th, 2000, 06:21:52 PM
exactly my thoughts.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 6th, 2000, 10:31:44 AM
it's tough to say. he is only a droid, but let's not forget the way he told the story to the ewoks, the fact that he knew about carbonite and it's affects. but i also think that if he would have remembered anakin's last name, and coupled it with luke's last name, he'd also remember obi-wan kenobi, so now i'm quite sure that the memory wipe will undoubtedly happen...not that i really doubted it in the first place...

Bromine
Jun 6th, 2000, 06:22:26 PM
But even if he remembered Anakin's last name and Luke's last name, do you think he would have volunteered the information? No one ever asked him if Darth Vader was related to Luke, and I can't see him going, "Master Luke! Do you realise that Darth Vader's real name is Anakin Skywalker, your father?"
However, it would be easier for his memory to just get erased.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 6th, 2000, 07:26:38 PM
no, but i think i can imagine him saying: "luke skywalker? i wonder if there is any relation to anakin skywalker, my maker?" But it is easier to have his clock cleaned...

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 6th, 2000, 09:44:14 PM
so true....