PDA

View Full Version : Climax @ the end of EP2?

yuvalb
May 28th, 2000, 06:59:15 AM
In a recent interview, Lucas said that EP2 is going to finish with a climax, "similer to the amazing finish that the EMPIRE had" ('I am your father...'). What do you think? could it be the scene where Anakin gets pushed into the LAVA by OB1? (remember, Lucas said we'll see Darth only @ the end of EP3)... Interesting...

Doc Milo
May 28th, 2000, 08:35:05 PM
I was thinking along these lines: Somewhere in the first half hour to forty five minutes, Anakin faces Sidious' new apprentice, the apprentice who murdered his mother, and he duels him, and kills him. We see Anakin give into his anger in the middle of the battle, but we are unsure whether or not he calmed and moved past the dark side when he kills the apprentice.

The Jedi Council learns of this and is convinced that Anakin has passed his trials in the same way that Obi-Wan passed his. Thus they confer on him the title of Jedi Knight.

Sidious is then seen with a new apprentice, a mysterious apprentice in a dark robe -- someone's whose face we never see. This new apprentice, during the Clone Wars lures Jedi from battle and kills them. He is very mysterious and working in the background.

We also see Anakin fighting in the clone wars. We don't get suspicious that Anakin and the apprentice are on the same planet because the wars are going on, and there are a lot of people on that planet.

The wars end, for the time being, and Anakin is a hero. There is never a confrontation between Anakin and the new apprentice -- but every Jedi that does face the apprentice has died.

After the wars end, Amidala and Anakin wed. And the last scene of the movie, we will see Sidious speaking with his new apprentice, who is silent until the very last. Finally, we hear him speak, "Yes, my master," he says, and the camera pans to him, his hood drawn over his shoulders. And who we see is Anakin Skywalker.

87FOXGT
May 28th, 2000, 08:52:12 PM
OHDOC THATS GOOOOOD LOL I HOPE THE MOVIE GOES SOMETHING LIKE THAT !

grand moff sauron
May 28th, 2000, 10:03:56 PM
Well at the end of ROTJ it's always mad a big deal of hate bringing you to the dark side to get that hate Luke had to fight his own father. I think a confrontation will come down between palpatine and Anakin with Palpatine cutting off Anakin's hand (ignore what EU says about this) and Anakin's hate and fear and going against Jedi code and marrying (in my opinion a jedi un-written law) will fully bring him to dark side. Your right about Anakin's mother dying by Palpatine some way.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 28th, 2000, 11:38:50 PM
palpy knows how to push an apprentice's buttons and pull his strings and stroke his dark tendencies. rescuing his mom seems to be the only thing he cared about, aside from becoming a jedi, and padme, both of which he will have in episode 2. having his mom knocked off by palpy seems to be too logical, so maybe george knows this and will throw a twist into things...

Jedi Master Kyle
May 29th, 2000, 12:22:33 AM
i always thought that episode 2 would see obi wan and anakin argue over the fact of whether or not anakin and amidala should wed, thus establishing some tension between the two. then they fight a war together, and are seemingly on the right track. then the classic star wars ending, with a celebration, but this celebration being a wedding, much to obi wan's chagrin. it may be also possible that anakin views obi wan's disapproval as jealousy, and this fact would be further punctuated by palpatine, who seizes the opportunity to drive a wedge between master and apprentice. then in episode 3, shmi is killed by palpy, who blames obi wan (who still disapproves of their union because it is distracting anakin from his training). this will be the nail in the coffin for anakin and the light side.

Darth Ronin
May 30th, 2000, 12:00:17 AM
I like Milo's creativity -- a lot. And the dramatic effect for that idea is great, but it leaves little to be accomplished in Episode III except for Jedi's revelation of Vader and the confrontation -- in other words not much more than a fight scene.

I'd like to see your original idea, Milo, (from your Episode II scroll) about the clone army and Palpatine's armada of Star Destroyers in Episode II. I'm probably in the minority when I say that I've never really been keen on the Palpatine-(or any Sith)-killing-Shmi idea, because (as someone said) it's just too oblique (so much that everyone thinks of it) and also because Anakin (even with all his hate) is unlikely to turn to the Sith if they killed his mother (I wouldn't).

But I DO think that Anakin's change to the dark side should have something to do with Shmi (because Lucas has emphasized the importance of Shmi's absence during Anakin's upbringing). So I'd (shamelessly) propose (once again) that Anakin's turn to the dark side be because his responsibilities as a Jedi (ie the warfront) conflict with his chance to save his mother (from whatever it is that causes her death -- except for murder that by the hands of a Sith). This causes Anakin's change to the dark side at the end of the war (which he keeps secret, as Milo said). Anakin pledges his apprenticeship to Palpatine secretly and Episode II ends with his marriage to Amidala.

I really really like the suspense with which Milo builds Vader's introduction and I think it would be VERY wise to include it in Episode III, because Lucas' current outline of the prequels leaves no story climaxes in Episode III (just the Jedi purge -- which is a big fight scene). With Milo's tension builder, Episode III is actually more worth watching because it becomes to be about more than just the purge.

To make the details of Milo's story work for Episode III, the war would actually be against the rising Imperial Empire and Palpatine. The Jedi and the Republic forces centered at Coruscant would battle the Empire. The Jedi Knights slowly fall at the hands of Palpatine's mysterious new apprentice, Darth Vader. As the Imperial forces gain victory after victory and slowly encroach upon the last bastion of the Republic (Coruscant), Republic forces (including a pregnant Amidala) fall back to the planet for their last stand. It is obvious that the Republic is falling. The Empire invades Coruscant and overtakes the planet. Meanwhile, the Jedi Council are eliminated by the cloaked, Darth Vader. Palpatine himself may even wipe a few Jedi Masters out (It'd be cool to see him vainly walking into the city surrounded by a maelstrom of lightning that destroys everything around him). Once the Masters are eliminated, there is Vader's ultimate confrontation with Obi-Wan -- where he reveals himself. Obi-Wan defeats him. Amidala gives birth to the twins and conspires with Obi-Wan to separate them and go into hiding. Obi-Wan flees with Luke to Tattooine and someone flees with Leia to Alderaan (because I have to admit that I like the idea of Vader killing Amidala -- the death of the last remaining goodness of his former life as Anakin Skywalker).

Just my $ .02

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 12:52:35 AM
Very interesting!:) One thing I have a problem with, though: didn't Palpy gain control of the Republic, then declare a "New Order" and make himself Emporer, CHANGING the Republic into the Empire? All indications from the novelisations (For what it's worth) points to a political takeover in which Palpy gains control and molds the corrupt Republic into his Empire.

Darth Ronin
May 30th, 2000, 02:21:46 PM
Yeah you're right, Bromine. I guess what I'm describing in Episode III would actually have to be the first semblance of a rebellion instead of the Republic.

So..

In Episode II, the Clone Wars would allow Palpatine to amass the armada he needs and it would also ignite the catalyst that motivates Anakin's fall from grace. It ends with Anakin's turn to the dark side (in secret) and Palpatine's rise to totalitarian power.

In between Episodes II and III (covered in the EPIII scroll), this new Empire begins to decay under Palpatine's rule.

We open Episode III with a resurrection led by the last noble vestiges (the Jedi, Coruscant, Amidala, etc) of the old Republic. It's sad because although they'll fight valiantly (we know) they're going to be wiped out by the Empire. And the movie grows progressively bleaker and bleaker until the end when Vader is revealed and the gravity of how far things have fallen becomes fully realized. This resurrection is wiped out once Amidala dies.

Then, a new hope springs in Episode IV to join the rebellion.

Doc Milo
May 30th, 2000, 02:41:01 PM
Just thinking about Shmi's death. What if Anakin is responsible for it? What if he goes to Tatooine to free the slaves. But in his impatience, forgets about the transmitter and BOOM, Shmi is blow up! Nah..... :)

Darth Ronin
May 30th, 2000, 03:32:16 PM
YEAH!! And then Episode II could open on Mother's Day!

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 03:51:27 PM
that episode 3 would the most brutal star wars movie of all. i wonder if there will be any happy scenes to the movie? it would a bold move on his part to have it end sadly, especially since it would be the last movie. of course, it leads into the OT, but alot of people do have it split into 2 trilogies...

DarthAce
May 31st, 2000, 02:52:25 AM
I think in Episode II that is more of a romance/war film will get the clone wars and the wed...NOw in Episode III will be all dark and in that episode will see anakins mother death!:)

Doc Milo
May 31st, 2000, 02:09:40 PM
Funny you say that, Darth Ace, because ESB was a romance/war story and it was the darkest of the OT. I think each movie will gradually be darker and darker.

How about this: Shmi is Sidious' next apprentice! She wears a mask of some kind. Anakin faces her, and in that duel kills her. Then he removes her mask and realizes he has just killed his own mother! :)

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2000, 02:19:19 PM
ouch that's rough! but possible nevertheless...she did detect anakin's power. usually only a jedi can detect other force-sensitive people, so maybe shmi has some force abilities. but then again, if she did, she probably would have honed his skills. perhaps it was just motherly instincts that allowed her to know about anakin's power.

Doc Milo
May 31st, 2000, 03:51:22 PM
There is something about Shmi, though. I thought at times she spoke like a Jedi. Especially when they were trying to find a way out of their situation, and she says:

"There is no other way. I may not like it, but he can help you. He was meant to help you."

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2000, 06:25:51 PM
yeah, how does she know that,

yuvalb
Jun 3rd, 2000, 05:10:50 AM
it has been noted that anakin wears the black mask after OB1 throws him to a volcano, which is one of the locations in EP2. ???

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 3rd, 2000, 10:52:11 AM
who says anakin will take the nestea plunge in episode 2?

yuvalb
Jun 3rd, 2000, 02:25:02 PM
Anakin will become Vader and will have to ware the mask after he duels with OB1 and then "go swimming" in Lava. It has been noted that one of the locations for EP2 is a Volcano in Italy. Well?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 3rd, 2000, 02:46:27 PM
Partial List of Episode II Locations

Coruscant
Naboo
Tatooine

this is the list copied and pasted from the official site. there's been speculation about a volcano, but it could also be for a certain sith lord's lair...

DarthAce
Jun 6th, 2000, 02:47:21 AM
I mean in the end of Episode II we are going to see only a wedding and darthvader believe me!:) I mean the lava thing will happend in Episode III!:)

Bromine
Jun 6th, 2000, 06:29:04 PM
What evidence do we have that a volcano is a location in Episode 2?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 6th, 2000, 07:29:59 PM
none right now. i remember some reports that when mccallum and boquet were scouting for locations, they went to some mountainesque/volcanic region. i can't tell you the credibility of those reports though. i believe it was in italy as well...

yuvalb
Jun 7th, 2000, 11:15:23 AM
well, it has been rumered that there will be a volcano @ ep2. Do we agree that anakin will need the mask after dualing with ob1 on a volcano?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 7th, 2000, 02:43:55 PM
i think that's pretty much a given, ain't it?

87FOXGT
Jun 7th, 2000, 03:09:47 PM
anakin will DEFINATELY need the mask and suit after the volcano

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 7th, 2000, 03:34:44 PM
unless he's got a black leather fetish and decided to live in his black leather outfit, and he really doesn't need it! :lol:

yuvalb
Jun 8th, 2000, 03:48:49 PM
i'm still not sure what will be @ the end. and i like it better that way. i mean, probably all of us new everything there is 2 know about ep1 before we saw it, right?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 8th, 2000, 04:13:28 PM
just about everything. only the small details we didn't know