PDA

View Full Version : LEIA STRONG IN THE FORCE

87FOXGT
Jun 7th, 2000, 11:32:57 PM
in TPM when qui gon said to obi wan "be weary i sense a disturbance in the force" obi wan replied " i sense it as well, master" how come then both of the jedi could feel the disturbance in the force yet in ANH when vader is talking to leia he doesnt sense her? i thought since she was a skywalker she was also strong with the force even though she was not trained to use it like anakin in TPM. also how come qui gon and obi wan cant feel a disturbance in the force when they are near senator palpatine in TPM? just questions that have been bouncing around in my mind

Bromine
Jun 7th, 2000, 11:47:38 PM
It's a definite mystery, but my best guess is that someone doesn't make a "disturbance" in the Force unless they're using it in some way. Leia wasn't even aware she had any Force Ability, and Palpy would certainly be hiding it.

87FOXGT
Jun 7th, 2000, 11:52:07 PM
BUT what about Anakin ? when qui gon and obi wan landed on tatooine, they immediately felt the disturbance in the force before young anakin had any idea what the force is and how to use it or make any type of "disturbance". hmmmm ive been wondering about this for quite a while now and i cant seem to come up with a solid conclusion. anyone else have any insight on this??

Bromine
Jun 7th, 2000, 11:54:15 PM
He didn't understand what it was, but Anakin WAS using it on some subconscious level. That's how he could pilot a podracer, remember?

87FOXGT
Jun 8th, 2000, 12:18:31 AM
of course ! now it clicked in. i just remembered when qui gon was talking to shmi and he siad something like " he can see things before they happen" and so on so forth so i guess that on some sub conscious level anakin was using the force though he had not yet realized it also probably the fact that he was so tremendously strong in the force that he couldnt help but to cause a disturbance. however i still wonder about palpy and how it is that he could "hide" his "disturbance" heh

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 8th, 2000, 12:39:10 AM
But was the disturbense Darth Maul trying to find the ship at least that is what I thought it was.

yuvalb
Jun 8th, 2000, 01:38:39 AM
about why they couldn't feel palpi - from the words of master Yoda : "hard to see the dark side is !"

mez7
Jun 8th, 2000, 02:27:41 AM
ill second JMC why are you so sure it was anikin they were sensing
i always thought it was the darths that they were feeling,
(that sound really bad:lol: )

87FOXGT
Jun 8th, 2000, 08:15:28 AM
i beleive when qui gon said that to obi wan on tatooine, darth maul had not yet arrived on the planet until shortly after.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 8th, 2000, 09:18:09 AM
i think they were definetly sensing anakin on tatooine. the kid is made of the force for god sake! luke and leia weren't.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 8th, 2000, 06:26:22 PM
But remember right after Qui-Gon said that he then told Obi-Wan not to allow them to transmit any messages, so obviously he was aware, or at least thought, that someone was using the force to track them.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 8th, 2000, 07:52:37 PM
i'd say that was more of a precautionary measure than anything.