PDA

View Full Version : GReat Episode II news...! : )

DarthAce
Jun 12th, 2000, 01:02:53 PM
Strade out from aintitcoolnews:
CHRISTOPHER "F*CKING" LEE IS IN THE NEXT STAR WARS MOVIE!!!
After a month of work, drilling numerous sources, but knowing it was true from the get go... but without tipping my hat.... I finally got the confirmation hours ago. The question, "What LORD OF THE RINGS actor is signed on board for STAR WARS EPISODE TWO?" That was all that I was asking. Not wanting anyone to say, "Ya know, Harry was poking around about Christopher Lee and Star Wars..." and it ending up elsewhere. So that was the question I was asking.
I can't tell you who my sources are. Though I know. But I know this is a DONE DEAL! So celebrate and be happy. CHRISTOPHER '@#%$ING' LEE is in STAR WARS. First it was Van Helsing, now it is the Dark lord himself, Dracula! Suddenly... Christopher '@#%$ing' Lee is in the absolute top two most anticipated geek films on the Horizon. NOW... Sam Raimi.... Find a role for him in SPIDER-MAN!!!!
.....thats cool news people!:)

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 12th, 2000, 01:24:35 PM
k.....

Doc Milo
Jun 12th, 2000, 03:56:02 PM
I'm very wary of anything on AICN.

From The Force.net:

Many of you have reported in on the latest Star Wars related post at AICN. (Please note that there is a ton of potty mouth language in the post and the talkback forum there. You've been warned.) The post states that Christopher Lee is now signed on to Episode II.

Honestly, we have no proof for it or against it. We're currently checking with our own informants to see what the word is. But you'd do well to be cautious. Harry did first post that Ewan McGregor was Obi-Wan, but there's been lots of other bogus posts there, too. AICN has recently been the target of many fake Star Wars news posts, several of which have made it onto their site. So be careful!

Bromine
Jun 12th, 2000, 04:35:51 PM
AICN has the annoying habit of trying to push "exclusive insider"-type news. They seem to treat every rumour they get as 100% fact, whereas sites like theforce.net (which, IMO, seems to get more real insider news than AICN) is always cautious about what they report as fact or rumour.
I think the AICN guy is getting pretty pompous about his "sources" and likes to show off even if he's wrong more than 50% of the time...End Rant.:)

If the rumour IS true, though, I have one stupid question: Who's Christopher Lee?

RHJediKnight
Jun 12th, 2000, 07:04:21 PM
Harry just posts every single bogus rumor he gets so he can get a story out before other people, plus I think it makes him feel like AICN's better than all the other places (such as Mr. Showbiz, Cinescape Online, etc). Personally, I never go to AICN for movie news, I just go there to laugh at all the talkback people who have nothing better to do than shoot down, yell at and say expletives to other posters.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 13th, 2000, 01:11:51 AM
Christopher Lee is an older actor who began his career in Hammer Horror pictures playing Count Dracula and Frankenstein opposite Peter Cushing, he is also well known for playing villains like Fu Manchu, he has been in many films lately including playing Ichabod Crane's superior in Sleepy Hollow and in LOTR next year. I do not know if the rumor is true or not, but I kind of hope it is because it would be an intersting addition especially since, Cushing was in ANH.

DarthAce
Jun 13th, 2000, 02:31:45 AM
I mean his a legent!:)
And usualy if they are not 100% sure Harry makes a notice out of it that the rumor may be fake!:) I know harry soooo....I know him!:)