PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question?

EP5GRAFLEX
Jun 12th, 2000, 01:51:43 AM
Why is it, in the Star Wars Universe everything on a planet floats and everything in space has artificial gravity? and what's up with the bottomless pits every ten feet with no guardrails, much less any stairs like in the TPM lightsaber duel? Does the building designer expect everyone who enters to be a Jedi or Sith? OSHA would have a field day!:)

Just a thought:)
Check out my band!
Jedi-Rocker
www.mp3.com/happyendings (http://www.mp3.com/happyendings)

Bromine
Jun 12th, 2000, 01:58:43 AM
I have thought it kind of interesting that even a hunk of junk like the Millennium Falcon is equipped with artificial gravity, but I guess in the SW universe, artificial gravity (and anti-gravity) technology is cheap.

And, yes, OSHA WOULD have a field day!:) Don't forget the unshielded personnell when the Death Star Fires. They have to turn away as a planet-destroying beam passes metres away from their posts!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 12th, 2000, 10:05:59 AM
who is OSHA?

i would assume that anti grav stuff is very cheap. about the lack of handrails, well i dunno. maybe the empire thinks they have nothing to keep them on their toes since they own everything outright! so the pits keep them alert!

DarthAce
Jun 12th, 2000, 01:06:59 PM
Agree with the masters!:)

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 12th, 2000, 01:23:24 PM
there may have been some sort of mini turbine that created gravity

Jedieb
Jun 12th, 2000, 04:18:59 PM
OSHA
Occupational Health and Safety Agency
They're the federal agancy responsible for safety in the work place. Why do you have to wear a hardhat at a construction site? OSHA. Why do store employees have to wear those flattering back braces to lift 10 pound boxes? OSHA

Good grief, the SW universe would come crumbling down if OSHA ever made it there.

bronto
Jun 12th, 2000, 10:26:09 PM
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people." - Mr. Garrison (South Park)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 15th, 2000, 12:06:38 AM
it was one of the funniest lines ever spoken in south park!

DarthAce
Jun 15th, 2000, 09:35:41 AM
heheheheeeeeeee!:)