PDA

View Full Version : STARWARS EP7-EP9 !!!

yuvalb
Jun 7th, 2000, 11:21:23 AM
do you think we have a chance to see another trilogy? what do you think remains to be told in EP7-EP9?

Aprentize
Jun 7th, 2000, 11:44:09 AM
GL has already stated that he wont be doing the final trilogy. Check out my topic "About GL desided not to make EP7 8 and 9" in the Expanded Universe for more info.

I dont think there is something more to tell for GL. Of course, the trilogy could be about Jacen and Jaina, cuz those are his "inventions", but it would probably not work.
All the "Anti-EU" fans would boycot it.

Darth Ronin
Jun 7th, 2000, 01:50:00 PM
out of curiosity, whatever happened to the rumor about a live-action TV series taking place in the EU (but not necessarily following the EU)? Any follow-ups on that rumor? Probably not.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 7th, 2000, 02:48:27 PM
But once upon a time, didn't he say he wouldn't do Ep. 1-3?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 7th, 2000, 02:50:36 PM
there will not be any sequels. i don't even think they would be cool. it would wind up being old rehashes, unoriginal, and pure fluff. plus i wouldn't want to see harrison ford, mark hamill and carrie fisher drag their flabby @sses around the universe, and if the story wasn't about them, then i'm not interested.

mez7
Jun 7th, 2000, 02:59:36 PM
the films are about vader and his rise and fall, (from lucas's mouth)
so since vaders dead in ROTJ there can be no more for htis story,

but if he did make them people would all want the origonal cast, and there getting pretty old to be doing another three films, which would be about 10 years (approx.) of filming, and these guys arnt that young anymore,
i think it would be lame watching all the old timers run around, would be the best thing in the world to watch

Bromine
Jun 7th, 2000, 04:18:19 PM
Also, GL has said there's a lot of other movies he wants to make. I hate to say it, but he's not a young man anymore. If he's got other non-SW movies he wants to make, he won't have time to make Episodes 7-9.

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 7th, 2000, 10:29:44 PM
agreed, maybe he'll come up with something better?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 8th, 2000, 12:52:47 AM
now that's hard to imagine. how could he ever live up to the star wars movies?

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 8th, 2000, 10:01:41 AM
With a Star Battle series? :)

yuvalb
Jun 8th, 2000, 03:50:53 PM
i think that if GL decides 2 do 3 more, they'll be great (given the fact that he'll only do them if he'll have a good story). after watching all 4 so far, i know what ever he's doing - is for the best

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 8th, 2000, 04:16:28 PM
i really don't think that there's any more story to be told in star wars, aside from the prequels. vader is dead. the story is about anakin & the skywalkers

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 8th, 2000, 11:52:12 PM
or is it......? Maybe it's about 3PO!? :)
j/k

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 9th, 2000, 12:01:40 AM
episode vii- Goldenrod strikes back!

Bromine
Jun 9th, 2000, 12:08:34 AM
Episode viii- Everyone strikes Goldenrod!

Doc Milo
Jun 9th, 2000, 02:10:38 AM
Episode IX: Artoo is King!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 9th, 2000, 08:09:16 AM
r2 & 3p0's dictatorial regime

Brad Kan Obi So Cool
Jun 9th, 2000, 09:29:28 AM
LoL!

Go Mer Tonic
Jun 15th, 2000, 02:49:11 PM
I think it is true to think that if he does make them, they would be great. But that is also the reason I know he won't make them.

The thing is, the 6 he is completeling now pretty much ends in episode 6.

Originally, he was not going to kill the EMperor until the 9th episode. Vader would still be turned back in 6, and then the next trilogy would focus on the Father and Son team up on the emperor, with the added firepower of the "Other" Yoda spoke of, who was going to be another well hidden Jedi who had avoided the purge.

Obvoisuly, Lucas figured he did not have enough time in his life to make all 9, he quickly rewrote ROTJ to tie up all of the loose ends.

The reason another trilogy wouln't work in my opinion has to do with the idea of outclassing the Empire. You just cannot introduce any new threat in three episodes that would have a superior punch to the Empire, and the Emperor specifically.

So if they were to try it, it would end up being very anti-climactic and tacked on feeling.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 15th, 2000, 04:47:00 PM
maybe to create a new threat, it would have to be from within the good guy ranks...but anything after ROTJ would definetly seem added for no reason, and totally uncalled for.

Atreyu
Jun 15th, 2000, 05:58:40 PM
But once upon a time, didn't he say he wouldn't do Ep. 1-3?
Not that I know of. From what I've heard he always wanted to make the prequels ever since ANH became a hit, but he wanted to wait until technology had caught up with his vision. When he saw Jurassic Park in 1993, he knew that it was now time.

RHJediKnight
Jun 15th, 2000, 07:11:42 PM
I can name an enemy that can compete with the Empire, the Yuuzhan Vong :-P But they're being covered in the EU, so it would be kinda dumb to have that same story put on the big screen.

flagg
Jun 17th, 2000, 08:10:41 AM
I can understand why Lucas wants it to end with Episode VI, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate.
There are some ideas for a final trilogy at www.geocities.com/flaggaz/starwars.html (http://www.geocities.com/flaggaz/starwars.html)
MTFBWY