PDA

View Full Version : re-release of OT to have Ep 2 footage!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 20th, 2000, 08:07:57 PM
The OT gets released Nov. 21st (apparently) and they will have some Episode 2 footage included on it! how cool is that?!?

Jedieb
Jun 20th, 2000, 09:24:38 PM
Where did you pick this info up?!

Atreyu
Jun 20th, 2000, 11:05:48 PM
In theatres or on video? I assume in theatres.

DarthAce
Jun 21st, 2000, 04:19:17 AM
You-------LIAR!:(

Jedieb
Jun 21st, 2000, 07:29:07 AM
I went over to force.net and found the info on the OT video release with EP2 footage. The price tag is around $49 and I'll tell you right now, I'm NOT buying it! If that's the only new wrinkle they have then GL will not have access to my wallet for that particular piece of merchandise. I'll wait to hear what people here think of when they buy it and if sounds great then I'll rent the thing. But I'm not paying retail for yet another copy of the OT. I'll just pop in one of the old widescreens and get my fix that way.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

mez7
Jun 21st, 2000, 08:33:12 AM
i agree if it has nothing new besides the EP2 stuff then im not buying another set,
ill just wait till the DVD's come out till i get a 3rd OT set

Figrin D an
Jun 21st, 2000, 10:51:08 AM
This is getting sickening... It's not like Lucas needs the money. The sad part is that a lot of die-hard fans will shell out the $50 without thinking twice.
I already have THX-Letterbox release and the Special Edition-Widescreen release on tape. The next time I buy the original trilogy will be as part of the 6-film DVD set.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 21st, 2000, 10:54:28 AM
solely because i don't have the OT in widescreen yet. I'll let you know how the footage is :)

I wonder if it will be just interviews, or some behind the scenes stuff, because i can't imagine them having enough completed shots to piece together a trailer by november. hell, it goes on sale nov. 21 (if it's true) that means that it will ship a week or 2 earlier, which means that they will probably need to have the footage done by mid october. principle photography will barely be done, and i doubt that george will be happy with all the takes and shots, so he'll want to re-shoot some stuff. i just don't see any trailers happening. at most, some early animatics and storyboards, or like i said, behing the scenes stuff.

Doc Milo
Jun 21st, 2000, 12:53:34 PM
I was saying the same thing to myself. I'll buy it because I don't have a widescreen edition of the OT. But then I thought I may just wait for the DVD version for that...

So I'm still undecided.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 21st, 2000, 04:04:46 PM
the DVD's are coming, but i can't play DVD's in my bedroom, so i'll probably still buy them...

Bromine
Jun 21st, 2000, 04:30:02 PM
I don't have the widescreens either, so I might get it. I do think it's rather silly for someone who already owns the OT widescreen to go and buy it again, but I don't think that's who it's targeted at. I think it's being released again for people like me who haven't got a set yet.

grand moff sauron
Jun 21st, 2000, 04:40:16 PM
Well I'm hoping that Lucas will also re-release OT in individual casetes and not just as a whole trilogy because my ROTJ special edition casete is going bad and I need it replaced, unfortunantly I don't think I'l be able to see that much EP 2 footage maybe I'll just rent the other two if they're available to see the footage.

ReaperFett
Jun 22nd, 2000, 02:06:50 AM
he HAS to re-release them! My videos from the last release are almost worn out!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 22nd, 2000, 01:02:16 PM
just swiped this from jedinet:

<font color="yellow">First up, as many of you are already aware of, the original trilogy has been scheduled for re-release on VHS this fall, and it is to have Episode II footage attached to it. Well, good ol' TrueFan reports in with the following:

It is just going to be a quick behind the scenes type of thing with no real footage from the shoot...kind of a heads up on Ep. 2....but no big deal.

He went on to say that it would include animatics, and an ILM interview, but not much more.</font>

looks like if this rumor is true, i'm partly right about what will be on the VHS re-release.

DarthAce
Jun 23rd, 2000, 07:26:55 AM