PDA

View Full Version : Ep. II Filming

Jidai Geki
Jun 26th, 2000, 12:19:08 PM
Well, Episode II begins lensing today. I don't know. There is just something about filming it in Australia that doesn't sit quite right. Call it a tremor in the Force, if you will. In all honesty, I'm not expecting a whole lot, so if the movie is good, then I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I fully expect that it will most likely suck. Maybe not as badly as TPM did, though. Well, here's hoping.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 26th, 2000, 12:47:49 PM
I don't personally have a problem with filming in australia. i mean, they're just shooting in a studio, it really doesn't matter where it is located. if the aussies can build sets and fill bit roles, then they will do as good a job as anyone could. they're still going to do shooting in tunisia and italy, and a lot of the film will be realized digitally, so i'm expecting as good a job as TPM or hopefully better.

Atreyu
Jun 26th, 2000, 07:22:59 PM
I'm an Aussie, and I can tell you that they've been making films down here for YEARS. It's only been because of the more recent big blockbusters like the Matrix and Mission: Impossible 2 that the rest of the world has finally realised.

As Kyle said they're there mainly for the studios, not the locations, because it's just a hell of a lot cheaper to make it down here. I can't see how filming in Australia will effect the quality of Episode 2.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 26th, 2000, 11:16:16 PM
except that maybe the cast members will have a darker tan from the sun!

Bromine
Jun 27th, 2000, 02:19:10 AM
Yeah, apparently the U.S. is becoming relatively expensive for filming. In Vancouver, Canada, I heard a report last summer that there was something like over a hundred TV shows and movies currently being filmed here. Like Atreyu said, though, it's in a studio so there's no way to tell unless you read the credits.

DarthAce
Jun 27th, 2000, 03:50:14 AM
...I gave TPM ****1/2 out of 5 BUT i think that Epidoe II will be a ***** out of 5!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 08:58:09 AM
i hope it's 5/5! i don't know if it will be though...