PDA

View Full Version : Episode2, Theroies

Puddy1
May 9th, 2000, 08:28:41 PM
1)Anakin in Episode1 said he had a dream that he would free all the slaves. Qui-Gon said something about Anakin's dreams coming true. Therefore, in Episode2 he would probably free the slaves including his mother.

2)In a behind the scenes I seen, Samuel L. Jackson will return in Episode2. I also think he will have a purple lightsaber (a guess).

3)I hear Episode2 needs a 19 year old to play the part of Anakin and in a magazine I heard that George Lucas said it was someone you never heard of who will play the part of Anakin. Although, I heard it in a magazine thats a month or several old.

4)Palpatine turns to the dark side I think. He either does it in Episode 2 or 3, obviously.

That's it for now.

mez7
May 9th, 2000, 09:27:16 PM
1 - part of EP2 is set on tattoine so you may have something there but i think that ani's mom is going to die

2 - sam will be back hes listed in the cast on the official site so thats no suprise, but lucas has said the only lightsabre colors are green red and blue, but you never know he may change his mind

3 - theres some talk about haydeen christiansen (SP?) already having the part anikin in EP2 is supposed to be 20

4 - palpatines already part of the darkside in EP1 ;)

i think EP2 will be about the clone wars started by palpatine (unknown to everyone else) to cut down the jedis number

Bromine
May 10th, 2000, 02:15:40 AM
Everthying Mez said, plus: Even in the EU (comics, action figures, video games) Mace Windu has a BLUE lightsabre.

When Lucas said the only sabre colours are green, red, and blue, I think he might have meant those are the only colours seen in the movies so far; it's like him saying there are only three planets: Tattoine, Coruscant, and Naboo. There are more planets in the galaxy, but in TPM there are only those three. Like Mez said, you never know, though. Anyway, that's a topic for another thread; just wanted to add that brief thought.

DarthAce
May 10th, 2000, 06:40:47 AM
Did you see any human slaves in episode IV?
No!:)
SO its true in some cind of a way...anakin did what he dreamed doing!:)

jjwr
May 10th, 2000, 07:31:32 AM
Just because you didn't see the slaves doesn't mean anything. Anakin and his mother were the only slaves you saw in TPM adn they didn't even seem like slaves, he worked at the store and she was at home. There could still be slaves but they just weren't seen.

I thought EP2 was supposed to be a love story? I figure the clone wars/jedi extinction won't happen until ep3.

Allie Fox
May 10th, 2000, 08:45:41 AM
Prepare thyself... this is a long winded post!

This may be how the rest of the saga unfolds. This is a quote from one of Mr. Lucas' original drafts for the first film ( The Star Wars). Note the similarities between the first few sentences of this passage and the events that unfolded in The Phantom Menace. Also note that this was written in 1975, so it seems Mr. Lucas always knew how the story should unfold.

LUKE: As the Republic spread throughout the galaxy, encompassing over a million worlds, the GREAT SENATE grew to such overwhelming proportions that it no longer responded to the needs of its citizens. After a series of assassinations and elaborately rigged elections, the Great Senate became secretly controlled by the Power and Transport guilds. When the Jedi discovered the conspiracy and attempted to purge the Senate, they were denounced as traitors. Several Jedi allowed themselves to be tried and executed, but most of them fled into the Outland systems and tried to tell people of the conspiracy. But the elders chose to remain behind, and the Great Senate diverted them by creating civil disorder. The Senate secretly instigated race wars, and aided anti-government terrorists. They slowed down the system of justice, which caused the crime rate to rise to the point where a totally controlled and oppressive police state was welcomed by the systems. The Empire was born. The systems were exploited by a new economic policy which raised the cost of power and transport to unbelievable heights. Many worlds were destroyed this way. Many people starved...
BIGGS Why didn't the "FORCE OF OTHERS" help the Jedi to put things right?
LUKE Because a terrible thing happened. During one of his lessons a young PADAWAN-JEDI, a boy named Darklighter, came to know the evil half of the force, and fell victim to the spell of the dreaded Bogan. He ran away from his instructor and taught the evil ways of the Bogan Force to a clan of Sith pirates, who then spread untold misery throughout the systems. They became the personal bodyguards of the Emperor. The Jedi were hunted down by these deadly Sith knights. With every Jedi death, contact with the Ashla grows weaker, and the force of the Bogan grows more powerful.

Some interesting points are brought out in this passage.
- The Jedi Purge is addressed by revealing a conspiracy in the Senate.

- Race Wars, could this be the Clone Wars?!?

- Aiding anti-government terrorists might implicate the origin of Boba Fett or at least his type.
- The birth of the Empire is welcomed here, which would explain how they were able to recruit stormtroopers and such.
- It also mentions that the cost of power and transport rose to unbelievable heights. This could account for that "used" look that was so prevalent in the original trilogy.

Most interesting is the last passage, in which Luke refers to the "Darklighter." He says that this former Padawan-Jedi succumbs to the evil Force and trains a clan of pirates to help hunt down the Jedi. The last sentence refers to some semblance of balance.

Think what you will but I think that this is the key to the prequels.

mez7
May 10th, 2000, 01:50:21 PM
no slaves in the origonal trilogy???

what about leia in jabbas palace, isnt she described as slave liea in toys and games and what everelse she wears the metal bikini, and what about jabbas dancer in chains seems like she was a slave as well.

so it seems if ani did free the slaves it didnt last too long

Bromine
May 10th, 2000, 05:53:35 PM
Allie - Interesting points. However, as much as I hate to say it, so much has changed in the story since 1975. Even in the ANH novelisation, the Foreword contains a few things that don't make sense in light of TPM.

I think it's so interesting how Lucas "recycles" names. Like, "Darklighter" later became Biggs' last name, and "Mace Windu" was originally the name of a main character in an early draft of ANH. Guess there's no reason to throw out a good-sounding name.:)

Jedieb
May 10th, 2000, 07:22:37 PM
I think one of the reasons we don't see signs of human slavery in ANH is because of the Imperial bigotry against non-human species. That passage even alluded to Imperial aided race wars. And remember also, Chewie was a freed slave, so there was still slavery in the galaxy.

Bromine
May 10th, 2000, 07:27:02 PM
I'm positive Anakin's dream must have been about freeing the slaves on Tatooine, not ending slavery entirely. In fact, that doesn't mean he's even going to end slavery on Tatooine. To fulfill the premonition, he'd just have to free all the slaves in Mos Espa.

Jabba had slave dancers, so slavery wasn't ended completely. I don't see how Anakin could manage to wipe out slavery entirely, anyway.

DarthAce
May 11th, 2000, 06:11:46 AM
What I said was that they weren't any human slaves around!
That's becouse the Empire is human-friendly-you see Anakin did come back to free the slaves-not as anakin BUT as DarthVader-and freed only the humans!This I think will be shown in episode III...in episode II we are just going to see the death of the mother and this will be shown like 30 min before the ending!:)

Allie Fox
May 11th, 2000, 09:16:04 AM
Bromine-
I understand that many things have changed since Mr. Lucas wrote his original story in 1973, however, most of the general ideas remain intact throughout the entire classic trilogy. The original drafts contain elements that have appeared in all four of the films so far. From Cloud City to the Ewoks role in the Battle of Endor to the city planet of Coruscant, all of these ideas have appeared in the early drafts. My contention is that Mr. Lucas knows what the basic plot for the prequels is going to be yet continues to rely on his early notes and script drafts for ideas in the story's development. By studying the passage above, we as fans, might gain insight as to the general plot development of the prequels. Character development will have to be provided by Mr. Lucas alone.
As far as the Prologue to the Star Wars novelization; what did not make sense in light of The Phantom Menace? Here is its text:

Another galaxy, another time.
The Old Republic was the Republic of legend, greater than distance or time. No need to note where it was or whence it came, only to know that. . .it was the Republic.
Once, under the wise rule of the Senate and the protection of the Jedi Knights, the Republic throve and grew. But as often happens when wealth and power pass beyond the admirable and attain the awesome, then appear those evil ones who have greed to match.
So it was with the Republic at its height. Like the greatest of trees, able to withstand any external attack, the Republic rotted from within though the danger was not visible from the outside.
Aided and abetted by restless, power-hungry individuals within the government, and the massive organs of commerce, the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected President of the Republic. He promised to reunite the disaffected among the people and to restore the remembered glory of the Republic.
Once secure in his office, he declared himself Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace. Soon he was controlled by the very assistants and boot-lickers he had appointed to high office, and the cries of the people for justice did not reach his ears.
Having exterminated through treachery and deception the Jedi Knights, guardians of justice in the galaxy, the Imperial governors and bureaucrats prepared to institute a reign of terror among dishearted worlds of the galaxy. Many used the imperial forces and the name of the increasingly isolated Emperor to further their own personal ambitions.
But a small number of systems rebelled at these new outrages. Declaring themselves opposed to the New Order they began the great battle to restore the Old Republic.
From the beginning they were vastly outnumbered by the systems held in thrall by the Emperor. In those first dark days it seemed certain the bright flame of resistance would be extinguished before it could cast the light of new truth across a galaxy of oppressed and beaten peoples . . .
From the First Saga
Journal of the Whills

If you take into consideration that Palpatine and Sideous are one and the same then it all fits in perfectly.
And last, but not least... Mace Windu was never a character in any of Mr. Lucas' original screenplay drafts. The only place his name is featured, is in the opening quote of the 40 page story outline from 1973 entitled Journal of the Whills. It states,
This is the story of Mace Windu, a revered Jedi Bendu of Ophuchi who was related to Usby C.J. Thape, Padawaan learner of the famed Jedi.

This is what makes Star Wars so great to me. This friendly and professional debate.
I love it!

Bromine
May 11th, 2000, 02:55:12 PM
Yes, the debate is wonderful, ain't it?:)

Sorry, I was sure it was in the foreword, but I guess not. There is a line somewhere about a series of Emporers, not just one. However, the lines like "Soon he was controlled by the very assistants and boot-lickers he had appointed to high office" and "the increasingly isolated emporer" don't seem fit. They make it sound like the Emporer wasn't really responsible for all the evil going on. Although, it's not a direct contadiction or anything.

About Mace Windu: That quote you posted is the one I'm referring to. Just makes it sound like he was at one time supposed to be a main character. Actually, the only reason I mentioned it was as an example of how names get recycled, because you mentioned "Darklighter" in a previous quote, and I've seen people jump on similar quotes before and claim that BIGGS Darklighter was supposed to be Darth Vader, or a Dark Jedi, when in fact they just re-used a name.

As for your original quote and extrapolations, I didn't mean to say that early drafts are worthless or anything; just meant that they should be taken with a grain of salt. Although, looking back at your original post, I see you said that to begin with. Silly me.:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 07:48:01 PM
i knew this thread was still kicking around somewhere...i'm posting a speculation that someone may consider a spoiler, so...you know the rest...

what if beru was obi wan's brother? then the problem of owen and obiwan having different last names would be solved. ben and beru kenobi. sounds plausible. that would make owen his bro in law.