PDA

View Full Version : How is Lucas going to do it?

Luke Starkiller
Jun 27th, 2000, 01:38:44 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now we all know and have foreseen the events in Star Wars: Episode II.
But unlike the previous four Star Wars films, Epiosde II will have alot ground to cover.
An enormous amount of ground to cover.
Such as:

- The relationship, and marriage of Anakin and Amidala
- The Clone Wars
- Boba Fett and his relation to Han Solo
- How Palpatine got hundreds a Jedi, on the battlefield
- Palpatine's revaluation of the Empire
- Anakin becoming a Jedi
- Ani Descending into the darkside
- Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost
- Amidala's involvement in the Rebel Alliance

I've got to be missing more.
Anyway, there's much story to be told in only 137 minutes.

Bromine
Jun 27th, 2000, 02:04:17 AM
"Boba Fett and his relation to Han Solo" and "Amidala's involvement in the Rebel Alliance"
Where did this come from? I'd never heard anything about Han and Boba knowing each other beforehand. Neither have I heard anything about Amidala being involved with the Rebels. I mean, it's possible, but what makes you think this is going to be covered in Episode 2? Also, do we know for sure Qui-Gon's ghost will be in Episode 2?

I really don't think that's vvery much anyway. Look at what was covered in ESB:

Rebel's near defeat at the hands of the Empire
Obi-wan's ghost
Luke's training under Yoda
Han and Leia's romance
Lando's betrayal of his friends
Luke and Vader's confrontation
Leia, Han and Chewie being captured by Boba Fett
Han being frozen in carbonite

It seems like a lot when you list it, granted, but a lot of things only need a scene or two and will overlap with other events on your list. For instance, the Clone Wars will undoubtedly be happening in the background as the other events unfold.

DarthAce
Jun 27th, 2000, 04:01:18 AM
Bromine there a rumor that boba is the father of han or something like that!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 09:05:36 AM
that would make me sick to my stomach. but there's also a rumor that boba fett is only about 12 in episode 2. maybe he and han are childhood friends or something. or brothers...

Doc Milo
Jun 27th, 2000, 02:32:30 PM
- The Clone Wars
- Anakin becoming a Jedi
- Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost
================================================== ==========

As Bromine said, the Clone Wars will be a background to the other elements of the plot -- and may even effect some elements such as the romance of Anakin and Amidala.

Boba Fett and his relation to Han Solo: I hope this is a mean, unsubstantiated rumor by someone who wants everything to be tied together. I hope Han Solo isn't even in the prequels. He has the perfect introduction to the saga as is.

Palpatine getting the Jedi onto the battlefield: If true, two words: Clone Wars.

Palpatine's revaluation of the Empire: I think the entire trilogy is actually about this: The Rise of Palpatine and the Empire. Therefore, this will be a portion of the Trilogy Plot, thus the entire movie will serve this purpose in some fashion. But I think we won't see the Empire rise until the middle or toward the end of ep3.

Anakin becoming a Jedi: There is some thought that Anakin never really does become a Jedi. The quote from ANH: "When last we met, I was but the learner, now I am the Master" and the quote from ESB: "Will he finish what he begins?" tends to lead one to believe Anakin never completes his Jedi training.

Ani descending to the dark side: Again, maybe he starts down the path in ep2, but wouldn't this be covered more in ep3?

Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost: This won't take much time, and will probably be incorporated into much of what is going on -- the clone wars, Anakin's training, even his romance.

Amidala's involvement in the Rebel Alliance: Now, I may be wrong, but I do not think we will even see the Rebel Alliance form. We may be introduced to some of the Senators that eventually begin the resistance -- Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, etc... But the actual formation and people's involvement in the Rebel Alliance? I don't think so. I think this trilogy will involve itself more with the rise of the Empire, Palpatine's declaration of Emperor, Anakin's fall, and perhaps the stirring of resistance in the Senate. It will not have an outward rebellion. Of course this is just my opinion. There may be the stirrings of rebellion. We may see the leaders of it in the Senate begin to oppose the Emperor, but we won't see attacks by the rebellion against the Empire. And I doubt Amidala will be involved in it.

ReaperFett
Jun 27th, 2000, 02:39:38 PM
Fett and Solo have a BIG history together, it would be great to see some of it

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 03:08:35 PM
about Qui-Gon's ghost; think about how much obi wan's ghost was in ESB? it wouldn't take very long at all.

i hope boba and han's history remains within the fan's imaginations.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2000, 04:14:32 PM
I like to leave Han and Fett's realtaionship where it is, do not think we need to give a detail background story of them leave that to the EU. I hope Han is not even either movie, he just would not fit.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 04:20:37 PM
agreed. no more major character from the OT needs to be in Episode 2 or 3.

Luke Starkiller
Jun 27th, 2000, 06:34:55 PM
Well, Rick McCallum said himself, that after you see Episode II you'll know much more about Boba Fett. Plus we know about the history with Han and Boba, so anythings possible.

Doc Milo
Jun 27th, 2000, 07:58:55 PM
Well, isn't all that history between Han and Boba Fett part of the EU stories about Boba Fett? Recently (maybe a month or two ago) on the Ask the Jedi Council page (it's probably still in the archives -- maybe it was more than two months ago, not sure) a question was asked of Steve Sansweet about Boba Fett and his origins, even asking if they would show the story of Jaster Mareel and Concord Dawn etc... and Sansweet said to forget everything you think you know about Boba Fett from the EU...

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 08:06:22 PM
i have the feeling that after Ep2,we'll be seeing Boba in a whole new light.

Luke Starkiller
Jun 28th, 2000, 12:50:06 AM
Defiantly. Do you think we'll see his face?

RHJediKnight
Jun 28th, 2000, 02:16:57 AM
Geez, I hope not. That would so ruin the mystery surrounding Fett... I don't particularly care actually, I'm not a Boba Fett fan, but even still I think it would be lame.

ReaperFett
Jun 28th, 2000, 03:02:46 AM
yeah, watch as they ruin Bobas history(Most of it was on the web page as well)

Why can't they just keep everything about him quiet? DOn't explain him, show him!

DarthAce
Jun 28th, 2000, 05:37:05 AM

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 28th, 2000, 08:33:36 AM
I hope George is aware of the fan's thoughts on Boba Fett and preserves some of the things we love about him so much. But i heard that there will be a scene involving...oh never mind! :)

mez7
Jun 28th, 2000, 09:44:21 AM
- The Clone Wars
- Anakin becoming a Jedi
- Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost

-----------------------------------------------------------

ok now lets see,

-bobas relationship to hansolo, just a rumor, and han wouldnt even be born in EP2 so theres not much to tell.
- palpatine got 100's of jedi on the battlefiled with the clone wars i agree 100% with docmilo,
palpatines reevaluation of the empire, youve got me stumped in this one, i thought the empire wasnt going to actually be around in force till EP3, or is their news i havnt heard
- anakin becoming a jedi, well obiwan was about 8 or so years older when he finally became a jedi so i doubt ani would be made into one in EP2
-ani decending to the darkside, from what i hear he wont turn till EP3 so if he does any heading that way i think it will just be a small point in the film.
-quigons ghost, liam isnt signed for anymore movies so how are we going to see his ghost, or is their news i havnt heard about that either??
-amidalas involment in the rebel alliance, why would thier be a rebel alliance at that point in time?? everyone would be involved in the clone wars and would have time to fight the empire as well, and i always thought that palpy used the clone wars to solidify his hold on the senate, just making him closer to forming the empire.

and look at ESB and how much was going on thier, you have
- the relationship between han and leia
- the battle between the rebels and empire
- bobafett hunting han, and the whole carbonite thing
- the vader and luke story/battle
- lukes training to become a jedi
- obiwans ghost

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 28th, 2000, 11:44:11 AM
han would be born in episode 2. it's only about 20 years before ANH. but i agree with you about the rest.

Luke Starkiller
Jun 28th, 2000, 08:30:03 PM
How do you guys feel about how the violent content in Episode II is going to be?
Because of the Clone Wars.

Bromine
Jun 28th, 2000, 08:34:56 PM
I don't think it will neccessarily be any more violent than the OT. The Rebellion against the Empire was a war, but they managed to avoid excessive violence on-screen. Also, I think they'll probably use simple tricks to avoid excessive graphic violence, like how they had battle droids in TPM so that we didn't have to see hundreds of people get chopped up.:)

Luke Starkiller
Jun 28th, 2000, 08:45:32 PM
I imagine good editing will play a important roll in hinding the saber blows. Then again, the majority of the Jedi will simply disappear.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 28th, 2000, 09:40:26 PM
there could also be massacres, like in ANH. the destruction of entire civilizations, filmed from afar, so that there is hardly any violence. we won't see anything on the scale of a death star, but maybe han's quote of seeing "a thousand star ships with more firepower..." could mean something. imagine sidious/palpy gathering the jedi and sith in one place, and then annihilating all of them at once from outer space with his shiny new star destroyers, leaving himself, and his would-be apprentice. i say this under the pretense that we will see a huge jedi/sith battle.

Luke Starkiller
Jun 28th, 2000, 10:35:12 PM
A Jedi, Sith battle would be cool, but there's only one sith at a time.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 28th, 2000, 10:54:25 PM
that's what we think. that's what the jedi think. it is that line of thinking that may be their undoing.

Luke Starkiller
Jun 29th, 2000, 12:11:46 AM
Well, if your theory is true than what happend to all the sith?

Bromine
Jun 29th, 2000, 12:16:48 AM
I agree; kinda doubtful Palpy would train a bunch of Sith just to kill them all, but then again who knows? Also, that "There can be only two" rule seemed to be important. If there's a bunch of Sith then Anakin seems less important, even if he is the Chosen One.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 29th, 2000, 12:17:10 AM
palpatine smokes all of them! everyone! jedi and sith! in doing so, he helps the sidious part of himself by smoking everyone, and he serves the chancellor part of himself by making himself look good by using his new fleet in destroying the sith!

Luke Starkiller
Jun 29th, 2000, 12:42:23 AM
If that were so, then the clone wars sounds pretty crapy.

DarthAce
Jun 29th, 2000, 01:41:20 AM
There woun't be any other siths in Episode II than those of Sidious and one or two others!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 29th, 2000, 10:00:14 AM
don't doubt George's ability to throw a curve ball at us, something we were never expecting! :)

RHJediKnight
Jun 29th, 2000, 01:20:09 PM
I still think the majority of the Jedi are gonna be killed by assassins, it would just be way too much work for Palpatine and Anakin to kill 10,000 Jedi on their own. Like I think they're gonna off the Jedi Council ('cept for Yoda and probably Mace Windu) and a whole bunch of other masters, knights, and Padawans by blowing up the Jedi Temple on Coruscant (course, we don't exactly know how big that thing is, they might just blow up a portion of it, if they blow it up at all). I just think it'd be cool if something like that happened...there they are, sitting around on their rumps chatting about how horrible the Clone Wars and what the Jedi should do to help when alluva sudden BOOM, no more temple.

DarthAce
Jun 29th, 2000, 01:47:14 PM
common they are going to be killed by clones-in the clone WARS!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 29th, 2000, 02:21:45 PM
not if the clones are all those small children that all look alike that are being cast. the clone wars may not involve clones, but rather be ABOUT clones, and the cloning process.

Bromine
Jun 29th, 2000, 04:29:30 PM
"not if the clones are all those small children that all look alike that are being cast."

If you are referring to that article on www.starwars.com, they're not casting a whole bunch of children that all look alike. In fact, they're trying to get an overall wide variety of colours, shapes, and sizes. However, it also says that they ARE looking for sets of three children that all look the same because that way all three kids play the same part and they don't have to work as much. It's the same reason they often use twins in movies to play one role.

Doc Milo
Jun 30th, 2000, 02:18:51 AM
I like the assassin theory. Maybe that's where Boba Fett and Aurra Sing come in. Maybe they are hired as assassins.

And I did read a theory about the next Sith being a sneaky, shadowy character . . . maybe a Sith Assassin?

DarthAce
Jun 30th, 2000, 02:20:11 AM
...maybe!:)