PDA

View Full Version : New Sabers in Ep2

SithDewd
Jun 26th, 2000, 05:43:20 PM
What type of LightSabers do you all think there will be in Ep2. I myself would like to see a scythe shaped one.

Fox609
Jun 26th, 2000, 10:47:53 PM
I am guessing that it is gonna just be traditional sabers in II & III... I hope not thought...

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 26th, 2000, 11:19:24 PM
if there's anything but straight bladed sabers, i'll leave. a short one for yoda is cool, a double bladed one was cool, but none are these messed up shapes. if there are, i'll cry. remember megatron and optimus prime's light-saberesque weapons? that would royally suck if they did anything like that. sadly i think george will do something strange like that...

Bromine
Jun 27th, 2000, 02:08:46 AM
I agree, just simple straight-bladed weapons with a cylindrical hilt. Different colours and sizes are fine. The double blade was a nice variation, but anything more and it just becomes a cheap gimmick. Also, practically speaking, a straight long blade is best for blocking blasters. Even Maul's double blade could be awkward, I think, which is why he could turn only one blade on if he chose.

I hope there will be someone using two sabres at once, though. I think that would be cool.

DarthAce
Jun 27th, 2000, 03:55:20 AM
maybe just maybe!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 09:00:00 AM
yes, that would be awesome!

SithDewd
Jun 27th, 2000, 09:30:45 AM
Using a curved blade would no be much harder than a doubladed one. Another thought is a pair of gaunlets with short sabers on them.

General Ceel
Jun 27th, 2000, 10:40:23 AM
I agree, it will be regular sabers in the next two.

But maybe we will see some new colored blades

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 27th, 2000, 02:03:49 PM
i think George will have to incorporate some new colors for the sabers in order to have some clarity if there is a huge battle in the end involving 1000's of jedi. but so far, we've seen 2 sith, and both have had red sabers, i wonder if that will change? i'd like to see a gold colored saber, and a purple one. but nothing too out of the ordinary. i think an orange lightsaber would look stupid for example.

Bromine
Jun 27th, 2000, 11:04:21 PM
Well, I know there's a lot of debate about different colours, because there are some in the EU, but some people say it isn't canon. My position is that LFL doesn't let just anything go in the EU. They do TRY and keep things consistent. The comics, video games, and toys are all consistent on who has what colour (Ki-Adi Mundi always has purple, Adi Gallia red, etc) so I'm almost positive we'll see a full spectrum of colours. Plus, I haven't heard evidence to the contrary.

Aprentize
Jul 2nd, 2000, 11:10:22 AM
A comment on the curved blades: Could they really be done. The blade is pure energy from an energy cell, made into a blade with the help of a a crystall. Do you really think that it can be curved. With the force, maybe, but consentrating on keeping it curved while fighting 20 000 mandalorians seems pretty stupid to me.....

I would love to see a lightsaber with a kraytdragon pearl in it. That would mean the blade would be black. The would be cool for a badass.

Bromine
Jul 2nd, 2000, 01:50:18 PM
Well, I really don't know how impossible a curved blade would be, considering I don't know why a straight blade is any more possible.:) The only reason I think it would be straight is because we have never seen anything else in the movies.

As for a black blade, I don't think that's possible. The blades glow; they emit light. Black is not part of the spectrum; it is the ABSENCE of light. A "black" blade would emit no light, and therefore be invisible. Things can't have a black glow. On the other hand, an invisible blade would be neat.:)

Darth Hez
Jul 2nd, 2000, 03:36:38 PM
I think a black blade could be done. Just think of it as almost a hole in space, maybe a few crackles along it just to make it look interesting. I don't think it would actually look very good though, so it probably won't happen.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 2nd, 2000, 04:49:46 PM
wouldn't an invisible blade be a great tool for an assassin?