PDA

View Full Version : Is Greedo back?

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2000, 07:10:31 PM
I was scanning upcomingmovies.com, and found out that the actress/actor who played Greedo has been signed on. COuld this be the return of Greedo, as Lucas seems to recast people?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 2nd, 2000, 08:55:28 PM
seems possible. i suppose she could take time out from driving limos in L.A. to be in Star Wars! But I bet she'll be in as a different character. but then again, maybe we'll see a bounty hunter lineup like in ESB. But I thought I read somewhere that Greedo was really young in ANH.

Bromine
Jul 2nd, 2000, 11:58:56 PM
I read in an issue of the Insider that there were actually like 3 different actors that played Greedo. It's funny that they would track down the original actress just to play Greedo. Couldn't anyone do it?

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 3rd, 2000, 12:04:22 AM
not for as cheap as maria! maybe GL figures that she gave greedo that character and mannerisms etc... also maybe she said "if you ever do another star wars movie, and greedo is in it, promise me you'll give me a call!"

mez7
Jul 3rd, 2000, 08:36:09 AM
<also maybe she said "if you ever do another star wars movie, and greedo is in it, promise me you'll give me a call!" >

i highley doubt she asked that, since most people involved in the first starwars didnt think it would make money, and her character gets killed in his only scene i highly doubt her asking for tha concession

Bromine
Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:19:27 AM
Weren't most of the minor alien characters played by any extra staff that was on hand? Maybe she's a make-up artist or something, and they originally hired her to help out in that regard.

JediWilliam
Jul 3rd, 2000, 01:40:02 PM
Greedo was in the script and novelization of Episode 1. After Anikin wins the podrace, greedo accuses him of cheating. Then Anikin beats the crap out of him. Qui-Gon Jinn breaks them up and takes Anikin back to the house. This is before Anikin knows that he is free. After they leave walk, the other rodian friend of Anikin says to Greedo, "Your going to come to a real messy end, you know that Greedo."

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 3rd, 2000, 04:25:22 PM
i was kidding! :)