PDA

View Full Version : WHOSA ARE YOUSA?

87FOXGT
Jul 2nd, 2000, 11:17:40 PM
HEY guys i was just wondering where you are all from and what are your other interests n stuff besides being a star wars fanatic like myself :) My name is mike and i am 21 years old and i live near buffalo, new york. I wasnt even introduced to the star wars universe until about 2 weeks before TPM came out but ever since then i have been a HUGE fan and i watch the movies quite often :) Anyhow i also go to college at buff state for computer info systems and my other interests include any outdoors stuff and sports, drag racing my 5.0 mustang, the usual partying and hanging out with my friends, and of course going to the movies :) Though lately ive been getting hooked on golf lol. I also just got a new job at general mills ( you know cocoa puffs, lucky charms, etc) and im making some pretty good money with which i hope to buy a new 4x4 ranger with in the fall for a year round car. (since the stang is only for shows/weekends) SO where are you all from and what are you into besides the obvious :) IM just curious because this is probably the coolest star wars forum i have found and i visit here everyday if i can and i was just wondering what all your backgrounds were :) OK ill stop blabing now cya around and may the force be with you. :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 2nd, 2000, 11:38:39 PM
i remember we did this a while back, but who remembers anything. my name is quite self explanatory. i'm 22, hail from montreal, just graduated from computer graphics, still looking for a real job. i read alot of magazines like maxim, stuff, fhm, sw insider. i'm into alot of sports, mostly hockey and baseball, but i follow nascar, football, and basketball as much as i can. of course i like movies alot as well. i used to collect star wars toys, but since hasbro canada hasn't shipped anything since last year, i've taken to spending my money on other stuff, most notably dvd's, cd's and beer. that's where my story ends.

Bromine
Jul 2nd, 2000, 11:49:29 PM
I'm 19 and I'm in BC. Waiting for college to start. Been a fan of Star Wars since I was a pup. I pass the time playing around with 3D computer graphics and learning how to build things.

Darth Ronin
Jul 3rd, 2000, 08:34:37 AM
Whew. Up until now, Bromine, I thought I was the only one who calls myself a pup. I get a lot of snickers for using that word.

I'm 24. I joined the Marine Corps right after high school but was released on a medical discharge. I'm pretty much live in Richmond, VA now with family up in northern VA. I graduated from undergrad college with a degree in Computer Science and a minor in Criminalistics/Forensic Science and now I'm holding my breath waiting to go to law school this fall in Miami.

I like lifting a lot (I call it PT). I've been rockclimbing for almost 5 years now (I'm really going to miss it when I'm in Florida). I've a PADI advanced scuba certification but I'm still technicially wet behind the ears (since I've only logged about a dozen dives) but I'll undoubtedly dive a lot when I move to Miami.

I do a lot of web development -- both on the graphic design side and the automation/programming side.

As for fun stuff, I've recently emersed myself completely in the world of raves. In fact I'm just getting back from one this weekend and I'll be going to another up in Pittsburgh in two weeks. I'm completely enthralled by the music, the atmosphere, the people, and the whole experience.

If you think Maul's saber antics are cool looking you should see what people are doing with glow sticks. Seeing people twirl glowsticks on strings got me thinking about a bola-type lightsaber weapon but I agree that anything other than straight sabers from here on out would just be a cheezy gimmick.

By the way, my Australia trip this summer (for those that remember) got deep-sixed when my sister lost her airline privileges. Yeah that really blows.

Sakura Hime
Jul 3rd, 2000, 05:41:36 PM
Birthday: June 8
Birthstone: Pearl
Astrology Sign: Gemini, the Twins
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black

I've been homeschooled since ninth grade. I like drawing animé (aka Japanese animation), and I want to become an animé or manga (Japanese comics) artist. I like Sailor Moon, Star Wars, Pokémon, Digimon, and Monster Rancher. I have a cat, a dog, and six guinea pigs (two belong to my brother, two belong to my sister, and two belong to me). I like chocolate, orange soda, and cotton candy. My other Ezboard name is Jedi Knight Mako, and my best friend is my cousin, Jedi Master Rei Hino/Tsuru Hime/Duo no miko. My favorite character in Sailor Moon is Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Uranus. In Digimon, I like Wizardmon, and Biyomon. In Pokémon, I like Team Rocket (especially Meowth). In Monster Rancher, I like Undine, Tiger, and Seuzo. In Star Wars, my absolutely most favorite, number one Jedi are the Jedi Council (I don't know why I like them so much).

Darth Ronin
Jul 4th, 2000, 04:57:00 PM
my other alias (in everything from chat to e-mail) is usually Mako as well, although as in the the shark not the Japanese name.

Darth McBain
Jul 5th, 2000, 03:13:52 PM
Well met all...
I'm 24 and live in Colorado Springs, CO. I grew up on Long Island, went to school in Bloomington, IN. Initially, I went to study music (composition and piano performance), but that kind of fell through, so I switched majors to Computer Science. Currently I'm programming computers for a large shipping company out in Colorado Springs. Hmmm, other interesting tidbits:
I'm getting married next month
I'm a huge SW fan (that kinda goes without saying if you're posting on these sites... :)
I'm a big Simpsons fan (you may have been able to tell that from my sig)
I've travelled extensively - I've been in all of the continental 48 states and have upcoming plans to round out all 50.
I used to be a huge baseball fan and have been to games in 19 different stadiums
I enjoy computer gaming - right now I'm finishing up Baldur's Gate (I know, not on the cutting edge, but I like to take my time with RPGs)

By the way, while I don't post all that much (not for a lack of wanting to - don't usually have the time), I love reading the debates that go on here - keep them up...