PDA

View Full Version : Technically, Luke should have won the duel in ESB

Jidai Geki
May 12th, 2000, 01:39:57 PM
When Luke struck vader on the shoulder with his lightsaber, it was a perfect blow. Vader was totally exposed, and if Luke had followed through, he would have neatly cleaved Vader in half.

ReaperFett
May 12th, 2000, 04:19:51 PM
it apparentley depends on how much power is put into the blow. That wasn't a powerful blow

Bromine
May 12th, 2000, 04:27:17 PM
I don't agree that it was a "perfect blow", either. It was a glancing blow. It hurt Vader's shoulder, but that doesn't make Luke the winner.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 12th, 2000, 04:31:59 PM
luke was weak. weak weak weak.

bronto
May 12th, 2000, 07:03:41 PM
......and no match for Vader.

Jedieb
May 12th, 2000, 10:05:15 PM
The blow to Vader's shoulder was defintely a "glancing" one. If Luke had tried to follow through with it he would have exposed himself and Vader would have run him through right on the spot. That entire sequence on the catwalk is just amazing. I remember seeing it getting the distinct feeling that Vader had been toying with Luke all along. He was just so relentless. Just another case of Daddy puttin' Junior in his place. I do it with my 21 month old son all the time. @#%$y little punk! ;)

Jidai Geki
May 13th, 2000, 02:37:01 PM
What I am saying is not that the blow was perfect, but the opportunity. The opening was perfect. Vader's flank is completely exposed. My point is, yes, it was a glancing blow, however, if Luke had followed through on the strike with sufficient force, he would have killed Vader by cutting him in half.

Bromine
May 14th, 2000, 02:08:28 AM
True, but fights are full of "could have"s. Like Jedieb says, it would have left him wide open.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 14th, 2000, 09:54:30 PM
yeah, luke's lucky that vader's swipe only took his hand off.

EP5GRAFLEX
Jul 2nd, 2000, 05:11:15 AM
Vader could of whipped Luke's ass in 10 secs, he was just toying with him to get him to join the dark side!

check out my band!

www.happyendingsmusic.com (http://www.happyendingsmusic.com)

Jedi-Rocker

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 2nd, 2000, 11:11:07 AM
agreed!

JediWilliam
Jul 3rd, 2000, 01:19:23 PM
Hi I'm knew here. Great site been coming here for months but never replied. Anyway, I have a theory that when ever a jedi makes his lightsaber that it is possible for it to be set so that the energy blade will not harm the maker of the saber. Now of course it is going to hurt because it's pure energy but mamy down on the molecular level... I don't know. Because after all luke is using vaders old saber in esb and in ROTJ he has a knew one and successfully takes off his arm.

JediWilliam
Jul 4th, 2000, 08:31:59 PM
Sorry for the mis-spellings