PDA

View Full Version : Some new Episode 2 tidbits. Possible spoilers...

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 10th, 2000, 10:16:54 PM
So read at your own risk...

it's official, Christopher Lee has been cast, and secondly,

spoiler space

i'm too kind. :)

While it's still rumor, like I speculated a while back, Boba Fett is going to be about 12 years old in Episode 2. the role was supposedly originally offered to that Tupoutahi Winitana kid, but he rejected it, and now the role has supposedly gone to Daniel Logan. So there you have it. Discuss.

Doc Milo
Jul 10th, 2000, 10:47:51 PM
I have to wonder what would be the point of showing us Boba Fett at tweleve years old? Anakin at nine, I can see, because it's essentially his story, so you need to see where he came from and it's relevant to why he turned, but Boba Fett? I don't understand that. Will it just be so the audience can point to the screen and say: "That's Boba Fett as a kid!"

If fail to see how him as a kid is relevant, what can he possibly bring to the story at 12? This is a reason why I doubt the rumor...

I just don't see what that can possibly bring to the story. In my mind, Boba Fett's appearence at all was stretching it, but I thought, hey, if he is a bounty hunter who helped hunt down the Jedi that could be interesting... but as a 12 year old boy??????

Bromine
Jul 10th, 2000, 10:48:45 PM
LMAO! TWELVE YEARS OLD? So much for seeing Boba "back in action". And I assume this would mean no costume. Unless it's a Halloween costume, hehehe:) .

Bromine
Jul 10th, 2000, 10:50:53 PM
Doc - So hard to say how the story will unfold. We know so little at this point. Maybe his role really WILL be pivotal, although I agree there's not much a twelve-yar-old can do, unless they're going to make him a child prodigy just like Anakin.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2000, 10:53:15 PM
I doubt the rumor is true either. I thought I heard that they had already built another Slave 1, so why cast him 12, personally I doubt he has been cast yet. Now on to Christopher Lee, he is a great addition to the saga, he is a legend, and I am will be very interested to see what kind of role he is going to play.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 11th, 2000, 12:16:05 AM
well we've been told that Boba Fett's appearance is nothing like what were expecting...

ReaperFett
Jul 11th, 2000, 02:09:56 AM
they are going to ruin him...

Bromine
Jul 11th, 2000, 02:22:52 AM
Unfortunately, there's no way NOT to ruin him. Everyone was yelling about how they wanted to see Boba Fett in the prequels, but as soon as they put him in the movie they have to shatter some of the mystery surrounding him and that was really the main thing he had going for him. I mean, let's assume for example that they unmask him: What the hell can they have him look like that WON'T disappoint everyone?

DarthAce
Jul 11th, 2000, 05:01:17 AM
Maybe he is an AI robot like r2d2 and c3po!:) He is an adroit that can grow like a normal being.

ReaperFett
Jul 11th, 2000, 12:26:52 PM
"That's Boba Fett as a kid!"
Ric Olies line in EP2 :)

How I would see Fett:

After some Mandalorians get their butts whupped by some Jedi, the camera zooms to a helmet. A hand picks it up

Later, Sidious is plotting when a man walks in, covered in shadows. He talks little then leaves

He fights a few times, never revealing his identity

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 11th, 2000, 12:27:20 PM
Jedi Master Kyle, where did you get that rumor from anyway. I have not heard from any where else.

DuneHermit
Jul 11th, 2000, 12:35:56 PM
Hmm...a 12-year old Boba Fett huh? I wonder if they'll introduce him as a sweet innocent little kid or if he'll be wearing a black trenchcoat. :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 11th, 2000, 01:06:00 PM
I got it at www.sevaan.com/starwars i think. i like the idea of a jedi, mandalorian battle in which boba's father gets smoked. then after seeing his father die, boba picks up his old man's helmet and carries on against the jedi. then he and anakin have a common enemy, the jedi. and also, anakin loses his mom, boba his dad.

DarthAce
Jul 12th, 2000, 05:03:32 AM
oh