PDA

View Full Version : What was the Funniest moment in Star Wars?

JediWilliam
Jul 3rd, 2000, 03:50:50 PM
There are two parts in the sage that really make me laugh out loud and they are both in TPM. The first is Jar Jar Binks on the battle field. When the droids start coming and the gungans get restless, Jar Jar looks back and like the good general orders "Steady, Steady." After all that gungan has done in the movei from falling on theed to... Falling on Tatooine to see him as authorative is pretty funny.
The other is when Anikin and Obi-Wan meet. "You're a Jedi too? Please to meet you." All I can think off when I see that part is Vader Killing Obi-Wan in ANH. And though its slightly morbid, its kind of funny too.

What do you guys think is funny?

Bromine
Jul 3rd, 2000, 04:29:58 PM
I think the whole misadventure of Han and Luke rescuing Leia. They have absolutely no CLUE what they're doing. Best exchange of lines:
Leia - "This is some rescue. You had a plan for getting in, didn't you have a plan for getting out?"
Han - "He's the brains, sweetheart!"

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 3rd, 2000, 04:35:19 PM
"would it help if i got out and pushed?"
"it might!"

Sakura Hime
Jul 3rd, 2000, 05:17:40 PM
Gosh, when I hear some of these lines, I get them wrong. I thought, "Your ship seems to have an unusual dialect" was "Your ship has an unusual diet" and I thought, "He's the brains, sweetheart!" was "Keep the brains, sweetheart!" O.o

DuneHermit
Jul 3rd, 2000, 05:43:26 PM
" 'The garbage chute' what a wonderful idea! What an incredible smell you've discovered!"

"Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way!"
"No reward is worth this."

I love the part in ANH:SE where Han goes running after a small group of Stormtroopers, a few seconds later he turns a corner to find a whole army of Stormtroopers staring back at him, he has this look on his face like "Uh...bad idea." turns around and runs in the opposite direction. That gets a chuckle out of me every time.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 3rd, 2000, 05:49:22 PM
yoda spanking r2 is priceless! especially that last whack with the stick! also yoda rooting through luke's stuff was great!

Doc Milo
Jul 3rd, 2000, 05:52:27 PM
Han: "One things for certain: We're all gonna be a lot thinner." As the garbage masher is closing in.

Bromine
Jul 3rd, 2000, 06:17:00 PM
Yes, Yoda rooting through Luke's stuff was funny. Especially when Luke snatches his food back from Yoda, smells it, then throws it away.:)

Jedieb
Jul 3rd, 2000, 10:34:49 PM
Much of the banter between R2 & 3PO in ANH was hilarious. But if I had to pick out one specific moment it would be Han's attempt to keep the imperials from investigating the commotion at the detention center. Something about the way he delivered those lines leaves me in stiches. And kicking Chewie in the butt and sending him down the garbage shoot was funny too. And I hate to be negative, but Jar Jar didn't really tickle my funny bone much. Sorry.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:47:22 PM
I think the funnest moment was the TESB with this exchange,
when Luke is the recovery room with Han, Leia, and etc where Han tells Leia
"I think you just couldn't let a handsome guy guy out of your sight."
"I don't know where you get your delousions, Laserbrain."
And then Chewie laughs and Han says, "Laugh it up Fuzzball
Then Han says something that really makes
Leia mad and she says, "Why you stuck half-witted scruffy looking
nerfherder." Han responds, "Who are you calling scruffing looking."

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:51:16 PM
yeah, i was gonna put that one too! of all the insults she hurls at him, he takes offence to the one about his looks!

Mako Shark
Jul 4th, 2000, 05:11:44 PM
I'd like to point out that almost all of these quotes came from the original trilogy. And it isn't just because there are 3 OT to 1 Prequel. TPM's "funny stuff" relied on Jar Jar's slapstick comedy mainly. I'm REALly hoping GL puts more wisecracking humor in the upcoming prequels.

Anyways, I always kind of chuckle when Emperor Palpatine delivers his sinister sarcasm. He delivers them with such expression, it's devilish.

"OH...I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

ReaperFett
Jul 4th, 2000, 05:49:26 PM
The "The negotiation were short" line
Jar Jar getting his hand stuck
Jar Jar and his tongue
The two kids missing each others hands
The frog like thing on ROTJ
"There it is, Tatooine"
Yoda

Bromine
Jul 4th, 2000, 05:51:23 PM
The one scene with Jar-Jar that I did find really funny was when he was snatching up fruit with his tongue, and Qui-Gon snatches it and says, "Don't do that again."

In TPM I also got a chuckle out of the scene when Palpy comes to Naboo and congratulates everyone, then turns to Anakin and says, "We'll be watching your career with great interest."

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 4th, 2000, 07:23:49 PM
that's the only jarjar part i find actually funny. the rest is just stuff to either roll your eyes at or chuckle over it because you know you would have laughed at it 10 or 15 years ago...

DuneHermit
Jul 5th, 2000, 02:20:53 PM
I agree with you Mako Shark. Jar-Jar's slapstick is not as funny as the well written wisecracking humor found in the original trilogy. I hope Lucas returns to some of that formula in the next two films.

I also find a lot of enjoyment in Emperor Palpatine's devilish performance.

"Now, young Skywalker...YOU WILL DIE."

Aprentize
Jul 5th, 2000, 03:03:27 PM
Whe luke says "hey, thats my dinner", and then takes a sausages or whatever it is from yoda and smells it..... and throws it away. The way he looks at it when he smells it... its just wonderful. When he trows it away, you can read on his expression "like im gonna eat that". Its great, as Bromine said before...

The Exodous Project
Jul 6th, 2000, 03:26:42 AM
I personaly think the funniest moment is in ep IV a net hopw, when C3PO and R2D2 are hiding in the communications room on the deathstar. If you look carefully when the stormtroopers rush in and find them, one of them manages to take themselves out on the doorframe!!!

Bloody classic

EP5GRAFLEX
Jul 12th, 2000, 09:25:18 AM
I liked it when he humped the pie!......(cricket, cricket)...opps! wrong movie! :lol: anyways my favorite funny scene is when the emperor was taunting luke with his own lightsaber saying..."you waaaant thiisss?-taake itt(Slow voice)." it reminds me of the Mad Scientist in Bugs Bunny saying, "I want your brain....raabbbittt".:)

Check out my band!
Jedi-Rocker

happyendingsmusic.com (http://happyendingsmusic.com)